$62.50 flight from Hong Kong to Buffalo NY one way

I never was a big into airline mileage plans. But I signed up for United Airlines mileage program. With 2 flights from the US to Hong Kong I have 35000 miles. I signed up for the United Airlines visa card and received 50,000 miles with the first purchase. With those miles combined I can get Yaun's flight to the states for just the airport fee's.

If you are going to be making regular trips to visit China you should look into a mileage program. I am going to save about a thousand dollars by just taking 5 minutes to fill out 2 forms.

That money will pay for the AOS for Yaun after we are married.

If only I could find away to get Vermont to speed up the paperwork process I would be a very happy man.

I never was a big into airline mileage plans. But I signed up for United Airlines mileage program. With 2 flights from the US to Hong Kong I have 35000 miles. I signed up for the United Airlines visa card and received 50,000 miles with the first purchase. With those miles combined I can get Yaun's flight to the states for just the airport fee's.

If you are going to be making regular trips to visit China you should look into a mileage program. I am going to save about a thousand dollars by just taking 5 minutes to fill out 2 forms.

That money will pay for the AOS for Yaun after we are married.

If only I could find away to get Vermont to speed up the paperwork process I would be a very happy man.

Without a doubt. I'll be tipping over Gold Status with Delta after this trip over. I'll be losing my silver status with Continental though. :(

Just be glad you're not at CSC...

Day 167 of no action out of them.. lots of other are tipping over 180 days and more with nothing.

Star Alliance member myself, which is Air China, United and many others. With 13 Trips to China I cannot tell you the money I have saved with all the miles (kilometers) built up.

Though I have never used them on international flights except for upgrades, I have never paid for a domestic flight in China. I just walk up to the counter, give my card, say where I want to go and I get domestic ticket for about $10 in fees.

One note, make sure you add your dependants onto your Frequent flyer program or you will not be able to use miles for thier ticket. Tickets have to be purchased even with miles in the travelers name, and if you have not added them you will not be able to get them the free ticket. (almost free).

Star Alliance member myself, which is Air China, United and many others. With 13 Trips to China I cannot tell you the money I have saved with all the miles (kilometers) built up.

Though I have never used them on international flights except for upgrades, I have never paid for a domestic flight in China. I just walk up to the counter, give my card, say where I want to go and I get domestic ticket for about $10 in fees.

One note, make sure you add your dependants onto your Frequent flyer program or you will not be able to use miles for thier ticket. Tickets have to be purchased even with miles in the travelers name, and if you have not added them you will not be able to get them the free ticket. (almost free).

Do you recall how many miles those domestic flights are running? We're flying from GZ to SH on this trip and I'm wondering if I should have checked on that before booking... Odd, it never occurred to me to use the miles in that way. :D

Do you mean the companion profile? I better call United to make sure, I would hate to count on the low rate and end up paying full price.