Another new couple

Hello all,

We have just started on the visa application journey....I mailed (certified and return receipt requested) the 2.2 pound, I-129F Petition packet to the Dallas USCIS drop box on 24 Oct 2011. I received the I-797C NOI, dated 27 Oct 2011, from the CSC on 2 Nov 2011. We are now in the Initial Review queue for her K-1 visa.

Now the clock starts....tick.....tock....tick....tock.... My Chinese fiancee and I are middle-aged, middle-class, and are acquiring the patience necessary to succeed in our goal of living in the same time zone, under the same roof. I have a healthy modicum of distrust and distaste for my current federal government, likely akin to the thoughts and writings of Thomas Jefferson. That being said, this prescribed immigration process is what it is, and as such, I am bound by its dictums if I want to achieve our goal.

I am very much looking forward to reading, learning, and positive commenting on this process in these forums. I would like to thank all of those that have walk these paths before, and have left their good thoughts and advice for others to use, and to continue to help others in this arduous process.

Sincerely,

The B, of A&B

Welcome to CFL you will find friends here who know exactly what you're going through. This is the best site on the web for visa information as it pertains to China. Here is a link to some other links that will help you navigate CFL and the visa process. http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?/topic/16183-newbie-links/ The FAQ section isn't working and needs updated anyway. For kicks and giggles do a search here on Cheetoes. Settle in for a long wait and don't be afraid to ask questions.

Carl

Welcome. We received our NOA1 about 6 weeks ago and are patiently waiting for the the NOA2. Good luck to you!!

Hello all,

We have just started on the visa application journey....I mailed (certified and return receipt requested) the 2.2 pound, I-129F Petition packet to the Dallas USCIS drop box on 24 Oct 2011. I received the I-797C NOI, dated 27 Oct 2011, from the CSC on 2 Nov 2011. We are now in the Initial Review queue for her K-1 visa.

Now the clock starts....tick.....tock....tick....tock.... My Chinese fiancee and I are middle-aged, middle-class, and are acquiring the patience necessary to succeed in our goal of living in the same time zone, under the same roof. I have a healthy modicum of distrust and distaste for my current federal government, likely akin to the thoughts and writings of Thomas Jefferson. That being said, this prescribed immigration process is what it is, and as such, I am bound by its dictums if I want to achieve our goal.

I am very much looking forward to reading, learning, and positive commenting on this process in these forums. I would like to thank all of those that have walk these paths before, and have left their good thoughts and advice for others to use, and to continue to help others in this arduous process.

Sincerely,

The B, of A&B

Welcome. We received our NOA1 about 6 weeks ago and are patiently waiting for the the NOA2. Good luck to you!!

Hello all,

Sincerely,

The B, of A&B

Ditto.. 12 weeks here

Welcome A&B :)

Welcome aboard! I think you'll find Candle a great place for quality information, great support, and good friends who either are, or have already, traveled the path you are on. There are some very knowledgeable folks here and a few of us are crazy as loons.

Yes, welcome to our happy family.

Long or short, may your ride be enjoyable. We'll hope for the short ride for you guys. :D At any rate there are plenty of very knowledgable folks here to help guide you through the maze.

tsap seui

Ours is being processed in Cali....I hope they are fast but we are prepared for best and worst case.

Welcome

1 month since NOA1. Come on Vermont process it fast.

You and I are in the same slow slow boat. VSC is currently doing nicely, but CSC has been slowing to a crawl the last few weeks. :( Hopefully it speeds up again soon.

How can you tell how fast or slow the service centers are going?

Ours is being processed in Cali....I hope they are fast but we are prepared for best and worst case.

Welcome

1 month since NOA1. Come on Vermont process it fast.

You and I are in the same slow slow boat. VSC is currently doing nicely, but CSC has been slowing to a crawl the last few weeks. :( Hopefully it speeds up again soon.