cheapoair.com

Dear cheapoair,

Since you asked for a review, here you go. Flight home to USA from Zengzhou via China Southern 24 hours late for weather. Connecting flights not notified. Flight from LAX (Virgin America) to Florida not in "Booking Agreement" with China Southern Airlines. Called you. You dumped us on China Southern. Called China Southern, they dumped us back on you and Virgin America. Virgin America dumped us back to you. You wanted to book new flight from $600 to $1100 our addl cost. I bought JetBlue for $448. Had to replace Virgin America flight with $448.00 JetBlue flight. We paid that for new ticket.Because of "Lack of booking relationship" between China Southern and Virgin America, my wife went thru 96 hour travel nightmare and has been in bed since. We won't book thru you anymore. Next time direct thru major airline or Travel Agent. I do not trust China Southern from China to USA and you were of no help during travel. You and China Southern had us on hold for 45 minutes each time I called.

Wow, sorry you had to go though that. I have flown China Southern a lot since I have been here including International (though just in Asia) and have generally been happy with them.

Thanks for the post Michaelt --- we all need updates on travel to China, no matter how horrible it turns out. I've flown China Southern since the 1990's an my experience is that they have gotten better over time. Not sure how they are to blame in this situation --- Did 'cheapair' simply assume they had a domestic relationship with Virgin America that didn't exist?

Anyway, I understand (and sympathies) for your situation, when things are SUPPOSED to go well a a very special time for you both.

Just wanted to share. Silly me for opting for less expensive and most convenient hours. Time between flights was also a major consideration when immigration and customs are involved. I will NEVER use China Southern to go from China to US or vise versa. Never had a problem with Continental and that will be our next first choice. I'd rather pay more and have one airline book the entire trip. Hope you are all great and thank you for your responces, and my sweet wife is finally starting to feel normal after several nights sleeping at airports. FYI, China Southern not only was delayed 24 hours from Zhengzou to Guanzhou, (and then to LAX) but also arrive 1.5 hours late to the US. My wife had 1.5 hours to get thru immigration, claim her baggage, get thru 100 yard line at customs, run to another terminal for JetBlue, check-in her, and baggage, get thru security, then run to gate. God bless her, she made it!!!! Amazing, my patient, focused wife!!!

In the long run the major airlines are cheaper. I flew 2 times useing Continental and got a Chase Continental credit card with 25000 bonuse miles so with all the miles added up the 3rd trip to China was almost free. Since the 3rd trip i got 27000 miles just useing the card to buy gas and whatever else you use a Credit card for.My 2nd trip to China they were late for my connecting flight in Beijing so they put me up in a hotel and flew me out the next morning, and gave a 10 percent coupon off the next flight.