We're in the red!

My wife called me yesterday at 9:30pm (9:30am, China time). I was expecting her to call after the interview and was alarmed that she was calling so early. The phone connection was bad, but I could clearly hear the words "I got the visa, meet me on QQ!" We then logged on to QQ and she told me the story.

Qin's VO was female, caucasian, approximately 35 years. She asked to see our photos, commented that they were lovely and asked my wife what field of business I was in. After my wife answered, the vo offered her congratulations. The whole thing took less than a couple of minutes.

As we all know, the greater part of the decision making process occurs before the interview. Our case had both relational and financial issues that required clarification. My wife and I carefully analyzed these issues and offered a thorough and cogent explanation. I am convinced that a favorable decision was arrived at on the basis of two well-composed letters and the profusion of supporting evidence my wife and I supplied.

As a word of advice to couples going through the process who have possible red flags lurking, get your issues on the table and address them as soon and as effectively as possible. A good EOR letter will reveal the sincerity and depth of your relationship. Photos, affidavits, passport stamps, etc. will serve to support those. If your financial situation is not as bad as Line 22 of your 1040 Tax Return indicates, compose a detailed letter explaining the facts and support the content with profuse documentation. The composer of the written word has the advantage of being able to edit and re-edit until it conveys the precise mood and meaning he intends. If you are not a literary sort of person, get someone that can help you articulate your feelings. Don't underestimate the power of a well-crafted letter.

I want to sincerely thank all the members of this forum for the time and consideration given to me through your advice and answers to my questions. The information I gleaned from this website was my guiding light all the way. If there is anything I can do to help other members, especially those whose cases bear resemblance to mine, I would be happy to do what I can. Although there are always challenges to confront and overcome in the journey of life, at least this chapter I now gratefully close. For those of you still engaged in the struggle, make your best effort and you'll be successful.

A Congrats is in order here even though I knew last night. :D

Well done Andrew. My situation was not that far off from yours. We documented every potential red flag up front.

I am sure the girls will continue to converse. :D

July has been a good month.

Once again, congratulations to you on a job well done.