CCP Blue Slip - Delays Delays - Venting

My fiancée had her interview May 17th. She had the CCP membership problem. She went into the interview with her written and signed CCP membership explanation. The interviewing officer said everything was fine, but the case would require additional processing because of her CCP membership. He took the written explanation and told her no other documents needed to be submitted. On the blue slip he gave her, no additional documents were requested. The only box that was checked as for the explanation of the blue slip was that "additional processing" was required. It then advised to contact the Consulate every "few months" to check on the case status.

I know better than to wait a few months to contact them, because if they ever have problems with the case, they do not contact you to let you know. If they actually do send you a letter and it doesn't reach you, you're just left sitting there twiddling your thumbs totally oblivious to the problem thinking all is well and being processed.

So, I emailed them on June 13th, about a month after the interview - not content waiting a "few months":

"My fianceé received a blue slip after her interview due to her Chinese Communist Party CCP membership. She gave the interviewing officer a written explanation as to her CCP membership at the interview. It appeared nothing else was needed by the interviewing officer. We just wanted to check if any other documentation was required.
Also, can you please tell us generally how long it will take until we receive a decision about the visa?

Their response:
This case is still under administrative processing. Though we do not have an exact date as to when we will finish this processing, we will inform your beneficiary by mail once her case is ready for further action.

Then I emailed them on July 17th, 2 months after the interview:

My fiancée's visa interview was on May 17th. I am writing to check on her visa's progress. Also, will she receive a phone call with the decision?

Their response:
Please be advised that your beneficiary should follow the instructions on the instruction letter that she was given after the visa interview and submit the requested documents to us first. We will further process the case once receive her supplementary documents.

I responded:

At the interview, my fiancée gave the interviewer her written explanation as to her CCP membership. He said that he didn't need any other supplementary documents. Furthermore, on the blue slip it doesn't request any further documents. What documents are needed then for Guangzhou to further process the visa? Please advise.

Their last response:

Please be advised that we will send an instruction letter to your beneficiary indicating what documents she will need to submit. Please advise her follow the instructions on the instruction letter once she receives it.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm raging inside, because I leave China in a week to go back to the U.S. without my fiancée for who knows how much longer. From the Blue Slip and the June 13th communication, the Consulate seemed to be processing the Visa after the interview without needing further documenation. They mention nothing about needing more documents. Then 2 months after the interview, they suddenly tell us to submit the requested documentation that was requested at the interview. I've gotta shout: NO FURTHER DOCUMENTATION WAS REQUESTED AT THE INTERVIEW!!!! It's 2 months wasted! We still don't have any idea what documents they *suddenly* still are waiting for to continue processing the case. You can't call the Consulate. Their email replies are curt and sometimes non-responsive. Why can't the Consulate use email for communication?! I'm afraid my fiancée will never receive a letter from the Consulate in the mail. She had trouble receiving packets 3 and 4, before - and we only found out after several emails that the packets had been sent out and should have long arrived. (Yes we double checked and even re-submitted/updated the mailing address) The communication on the part of the Consulate is so frustrating. Bad communication = mistakes. Even little mistakes = many months delay.

[/vent]

Here is a picture of the only thing checked/ written on the blue slip:http://i.imgur.com/QoNfp.jpg

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Need to be patient with this, CCP AP requires the consulate to contact DOS in Washington DC, and they have to wait for DC to get back to them.

On average I have seen 4 months for this AP process to run the course.

Fortunately the interviewing officer accepted the document, instead of requesting it to be turned in later.

Did you submit a resume? They askeed us for a resume two weeks after the interview. I got the same exact response from the consulate today. I agree the lack of a clear answer is the worst part even more than the wait.

Did you submit a resume? They askeed us for a resume two weeks after the interview. I got the same exact response from the consulate today. I agree the lack of a clear answer is the worst part even more than the wait.

We didn't submit a resum¨¦. Perhaps that is what they need. If so, I'm glad they decided not to ask for it during the interview and wait two months to send a letter to ask for it.

...Being patient. What else can I do? Rage that the government has the power to interfere with my personal life like this? It's just how it is. Just accept it, because you can't change it. meh.

As you can see, I'm in a very bad mood.

I don't blame you. The wait is unreasonable. We went through it ourselves. The worst part is even though we knew this was needed and would be coming there was no way to get it kicked off when we filed the I-129F so that it would be completed by the interview.

You are still within the window of reasonable wait. The delay is running around 3 months, sometimes more , sometimes less. You are better off calling the NVC and asking them status. You will get the same canned response BUT you will be able to confirm with them that no additional docs were requested.

Then call back every week now... it will work out soon!!

Lee

We didn't submit a resumé. Perhaps that is what they need. If so, I'm glad they decided not to ask for it during the interview and wait two months to send a letter to ask for it.

...Being patient. What else can I do? Rage that the government has the power to interfere with my personal life like this? It's just how it is. Just accept it, because you can't change it. meh.

As you can see, I'm in a very bad mood.

If your fiance is like my wife, she is asking you daily when we will get the visa. Magic 8-Ball says..........

Is your best guess they actually need something else or they have everything they need? This thread has me confused.

And if you do hear something could you let me know as you are about 3 weeks ahead of us in line (so to speak)

Good Luck, Keep the faith Try Not To..........!headbang.gif

Edited by Beachey (see edit history)

You just need to chill out since your blue slip is expected; in the past, it was 6-12 months wait; now it seems less than 6 months. Your rage is your own issue; not a reality of the visa process... so give it a rest or else your lady sees you are nothing more than a hot head.

You obviously don't know the process well enough. So sit back and relax now that you know your wait can be 6 months or more...

Edited by david_dawei (see edit history)

You just need to chill out since your blue slip is expected; in the past, it was 6-12 months wait; now it seems less than 6 months. Your rage is your own issue; not a reality of the visa process... so give it a rest or else your lady sees you are nothing more than a hot head.

You obviously don't know the process well enough. So sit back and relax now that you know your wait can be 6 months or more...

I came here to vent. Figured people would be understanding. Thanks for those who showed sympathy. Everyone telling me to be patient or calling me a hot head -- I know that this whole process takes a lot of time. Telling an angry person not to be angry, telling a sad person not to cry, telling a hungry person not to be hungry, etc is not super helpful. Sometimes you just need to vent. I thought I could do that here without getting judged. I feel much better today than I did yesterday and am glad I had a community to express my frustration. If you went through the whole Visa process without getting extremely frustrated at some point or another, then kudos to you.

I've lived in China the last two years with my fiance¨¦ - and I have to leave to go back to the States in a week, leaving my fianc¨¦e behind until she can make it out there. It's kind of emotional over here. I religiously followed other's experiences on this forum who also had the CCP issue. On the extremely lucky end of the spectrum, I saw that at least one person overcame the CCP issue in 2 months flat, seemingly because they turned in the paperwork all on the day of the interview. I hoped beyond hope that we would be in the same boat, especially given the reassurances that no other paperwork was needed after the interview. Having that bubble suddenly burst under these circumstance and the manner of poor communication by the Consulate - call me a hot head if you want, but it's all extremely frustrating and I expressed it!

I came here to vent. Figured people would be understanding. Thanks for those who showed sympathy. Everyone telling me to be patient or calling me a hot head -- I know that this whole process takes a lot of time. Telling an angry person not to be angry, telling a sad person not to cry, telling a hungry person not to be hungry, etc is not super helpful. Sometimes you just need to vent. I thought I could do that here without getting judged. I feel much better today than I did yesterday and am glad I had a community to express my frustration. If you went through the whole Visa process without getting extremely frustrated at some point or another, then kudos to you.

I've lived in China the last two years with my fiance¨¦ - and I have to leave to go back to the States in a week, leaving my fianc¨¦e behind until she can make it out there. It's kind of emotional over here. I religiously followed other's experiences on this forum who also had the CCP issue. On the extremely lucky end of the spectrum, I saw that at least one person overcame the CCP issue in 2 months flat, seemingly because they turned in the paperwork all on the day of the interview. I hoped beyond hope that we would be in the same boat, especially given the reassurances that no other paperwork was needed after the interview. Having that bubble suddenly burst under these circumstance and the manner of poor communication by the Consulate - call me a hot head if you want, but it's all extremely frustrating and I expressed it!

:lol: Nothing wrong with venting on Candle, man. I did it for 4 years and 10 months until we got our visas. May you never know the rage I went through waiting out a 10 month long AR type blue slip (nothing else asked for) that turned into a denial....and it goes downhill from there. :lol:

You vent your rage, not healthy to bottle that stuff up...but...know you will prevail in the end, just that it will be on GUZ;s timeline, not your's or mine.

Good luck, things will work out. I promise.

tsap seui

I was in your shoes. Xiaozhu holds the record at something like 50-something days, and ours I think was the last CCP blue before that and we came in around 3 months. Looking at all the CCP blues over the past 3 years (and there are only a small handful) they almost all came in between 3-4 months. There were some earlier than that that ran 6 months but I think it is safe to say it should happen in 3-4 months at this point (note holiday periods can add to that time, e.g. July 4th). Calling NVC every week will help but it will still be frustrating, but once the call back letter comes out, it should all happen fast. Also, very important, don't book any plans until after visa is in hand. What was more frustrating for us was that it took 20 days for us to get the visa after the pink slip and we didn't know if we would get another blue or not!

Lee

I've lived in China the last two years with my fiance¨¦ - and I have to leave to go back to the States in a week, leaving my fianc¨¦e behind until she can make it out there. It's kind of emotional over here. I religiously followed other's experiences on this forum who also had the CCP issue. On the extremely lucky end of the spectrum, I saw that at least one person overcame the CCP issue in 2 months flat, seemingly because they turned in the paperwork all on the day of the interview. I hoped beyond hope that we would be in the same boat, especially given the reassurances that no other paperwork was needed after the interview. Having that bubble suddenly burst under these circumstance and the manner of poor communication by the Consulate - call me a hot head if you want, but it's all extremely frustrating and I expressed it!

Why did you not get married over there, and simply filed for a spousal visa through the Embassy or Consulate..? It would have been quicker and less expensive than going the K-1 route...

..... On the extremely lucky end of the spectrum, I saw that at least one person overcame the CCP issue in 2 months flat, seemingly because they turned in the paperwork all on the day of the interview. I hoped beyond hope that we would be in the same boat, especially given the reassurances that no other paperwork was needed after the interview. ...

I handed in my resume and my statement about CCP at my interview, but VO officer did not take my resume and asked me to submit more detailed additional information listed on the document showned by crazybanana

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?/topic/43544-need-advice/

I submited the information to Guangzhou three days later after my interview. As you hope, wish Guangzhou has all what they want from your financee. Otherwise, not sure whether they will ask for additional information or not. Nothing except wait. That is all that we did. Luckily we heard from Guangzhou before we made any inquiry to Guangzhou or USCIS. Wish you have a good news soon.

Edited by xiaozhu (see edit history)

You can vent and I cannot respond? B)

This is a website primarily for learning the process. It is also a safe haven for venting. If your venting is based on a misunderstanding which causes your more angst than necessarily , guess what? I (or another) just might let you know you don't get it.

There are guys here (yes plural) who went through 4 or more years waiting. 3-6 blue slips or an occasional white slip with a re-file. This is our life here. To educate people on how to do it better; including how to cut out the unnecessary angst based on wrong thinking.

Glad you got to live with your fiance for two years. but as Dan asked: why did you not marry? Honestly, it looks bad on all of us when that file goes through GUZ... no desire to commit to the relationship enough to marry?

I have known my wife for 2.5 years with already 6 trips to china. If she is lucky enough to get a visa, she will come with over 3 years knowing her; non of that living together. But I was willing to marry her and spend 3 years to show why we want to be together.

They can look at our two cases and see some disparity; and one guy refusing to marry wants to vent; I could care a less to vent, even if it takes 6 years. Because I know the process and it's twists and turns. It is what it is.

If you want to vent, go ahead... reclaim some manhood if that what it takes.