Speaking of Stupid Answers...

Just had to let y'all know more about the intelligence of GZ consulate.....

i wrote them to ask them very specific questions about the P4 details and such, that were not answered in the P4 packet.

Since i had quite a few conflicting reports on certain details, i thought i would cut out asking everyone else and just ask them directly, so i wrote them with my specific questions. it was not a long email, but i did number the questions to make it easier for them to answer me, hahaha

here were my questions-

1. Can you please tell me the correct fee amount? (speaking of non-immigrant visa)

(i found this out already now)

2. Can the visa fee be paid in Beijing, or does it have to be paid in

Guangzhou?

(i also found this out as well)

3. Is the receipt from the Visa fee supposed to be brought to the Medical

Exam with him to go in the sealed envelope?

(this has been answered as well)

4. Are e-mails sufficient evidence or does he need both "snail-mail"

letters and e-mail letters?

(still dont know about this because at one place on the P4 package it says to ask the american fiancee to send back the mails that were sent to him/her prior to beginning this process, so that the chinese fiance can bring them to the interview. has anyone else done this, or just gotten away with emails only?? or what??)

i am glad i was able to find these answers out in another way, through you wonderful people :(, but anyway, i was just delighted to get first hand a touch of GZ consulate ignorance.....

here was the response they gave me........

"Please follow the instruction in your package."

I wanted to write back and say, "Thank you Einstein, but if you would include the complete instructions in the package, i wouldn't be asking these questions"

I think I need to answer a little on this.

You have to understand there are people in the world and in DOS who despise/hate what we are doing yes despise.. As soon as we all wake up and realize this I think we will understand what is happening. The only way the U.S. Government can stop us is to delay our efforts in someway such as finding errors in our papers etc. That said if we follow all the laws involved with the visa process they have to grant a Visa ITS THE LAW soo the only weapon they have is delay hoping you get discouraged and will back out or quit.. If you don't believe this well,,, you are living in a shell.. Not all in DOS are this way but you can bet there are a few just like any other place you have bigots.

Sorry to be so blunt but I do not think anyone has posted this info and it is certainly not directed at you but to everyone who reads the board. When you see answers like they send does not leave much to the imagination..

Mike

i wrote them to ask them very specific questions about the P4 details and such, that were not answered in the P4 packet.

Since i had quite a few conflicting reports on certain details, i thought i would cut out asking everyone else and just ask them directly, so i wrote them with my specific questions. it was not a long email, but i did number the questions to make it easier for them to answer me, hahaha

here were my questions-

1.  Can you please tell me the correct fee amount? (speaking of non-immigrant visa)

Guangzhou?

(still dont know about this because at one place on the P4 package it says to ask the american fiancee to send back the mails that were sent to him/her prior to beginning this process, so that the chinese fiance can bring them to the interview. has anyone else done this, or just gotten away with emails only?? or what??)

i am glad i was able to find these answers out in another way, through you wonderful people :(, but anyway, i was just delighted to get first hand a touch of GZ consulate ignorance.....

I wanted to write back and say, "Thank you Einstein, but if you would include the complete instructions in the package, i wouldn't be asking these questions"

Unbelievable. I'm surprised that you didn't get this answer to #2:

Guangzhou?

Neither, it has to be paid in RMB. :(

here were my questions-

1.  Can you please tell me the correct fee amount? (speaking of non-immigrant visa)

Guangzhou?

Unbelievable. I'm surprised that you didn't get this answer to #2:

Guangzhou?

Neither, it has to be paid in RMB. :(

Ok Frank you get yours for the day.. No more thats it!!

You have to understand there are people in the world and in DOS who despise/hate what we are doing yes despise..

Yes,

I know how bad it may be to think that a person may actually find love in another country.

I wonder how many US Citizen Employees of the foreign Embassies actually get married to foreign citizens? And, how many of those get a fast-track green card with direct consular filing?

There are several steps in the INS Process (as we all know).

BCIS (time only dependent on which office one applies to).

NVC (May be slightly quicker for applicants from certain countries, but all applicants have this step)

Ship to GZ..... GZ seems to be the only consulate that takes up to 40 days just to pick up the package. I think they are even slower than Russia/Ukraine.

P3/P4/interview ..... This is where the biggest difference is. Some consulates will start processing the info before the "official" packet arrives from NVC so the interview and visa can be within a couple of days of the acceptance by NVC.

Rumor has it that little things like getting married in Hong Kong can make a HUGE difference in the application process.

God only knows what comes after the initial Visa.... Nor do I have stats of the AOS process from other coutries. I would assume that once in the USA, everyone is treated about the same. But, that may not be true.

----------------------

One of the biggest differences (I think) is that citizens from certain countries (Europe) can enter the USA without a "visa". Thus, prior to starting the process, the couple could tour the USA together. I would think that it would make a tremendous difference in relationships if the fiancee could come and visit for a few months prior to starting the whole application process.

Of course, that is the reason why the K1-K4 visas are considered non-immigrant visas, and there is a second application process that follows it. They are supposed to be designed to facilitate a cultural exchange. Unfortunately, it just doesn't happen that way.

----- Clifford -----

There are several steps in the INS Process (as we all know).

BCIS (time only dependent on which office one applies to).

NVC (May be slightly quicker for applicants from certain countries, but all applicants have this step)

Ship to GZ.....  GZ seems to be the only consulate that takes up to 40 days just to pick up the package.  I think they are even slower than Russia/Ukraine.

P3/P4/interview .....  This is where the biggest difference is.  Some consulates will start processing the info before the "official" packet arrives from NVC so the interview and visa can be within a couple of days of the acceptance by NVC.

Rumor has it that little things like getting married in Hong Kong can make a HUGE difference in the application process.

God only knows what comes after the initial Visa....  Nor do I have stats of the AOS process from other coutries.  I would assume that once in the USA, everyone is treated about the same.  But, that may not be true.

----------------------

One of the biggest differences (I think) is that citizens from certain countries (Europe) can enter the USA without a "visa".  Thus, prior to starting the process, the couple could tour the USA together.  I would think that it would make a tremendous difference in relationships if the fiancee could come and visit for a few months prior to starting the whole application process. 

Of course, that is the reason why the K1-K4 visas are considered non-immigrant visas, and there is a second application process that follows it.  They are supposed to be designed to facilitate a cultural exchange.  Unfortunately, it just doesn't happen that way.

----- Clifford -----

There seems to be no consistency in the AOS process either Cliff. It just depends on what office you are dealing with. Some folks who arrived after us have already obtained AOS. We applied in June and, other than the initial letter we received acknowledging receipt of our application, we have heard nothing. Said letter stated we could expect an interview within 36 months. So far, it has been seven and a half months and nada, nothing. :blink:

did you apply for EAD? if so, have you gotten that?

if it takes that long for EAD, i think my fiance will just about die! he cannot go without working for that long!

anyway, what offices do you go to for AOS and EAD? is it the same as the INS (or its new name)? i mean, we went through Texas Service Center for all of the work thus far, is that the same place we file for AOS? is that the place we have to go for EAD interview?

if not, what office do we go to? i mean, what is the name of these offices around the country?

i did the first part with an immigration lawyer, and prefer not to do the AOS, ect with him, (waste of money), so please tell me what the first step is after he is here and we are married, what office do i deal with and get the papers from??

I am not looking forward to dealing with the local former INS offices. I've heard so many horror stories from co-workers about standing in line all night (taking turns sleeping in the car) so that you could get in. Apparently being there at 5 am isn't good enough anymore. Don't know all the details and maybe it's a Silicon Valley thing (lots of immigrants here after all) but sounds really scary...

Jerry

oh boy! can't wait! but at least we get to face that part together. i mean, it will be tough, probably tougher on my fiance since he can't work till we get all that straigthened out.....but anyway, we have waited apart this long, we can wait some more TOGETHER!!!!

that makes me excited!! :)