Travelling documents for step-daughter

When she goes back to china, what all documents will she need?...i know of course her passport and her two year green card....does she need her chinese ID card?....I dont know if she has a current one of even has one at this point in time.

She'll know if it's needed or not. As a visitor to China, no she doesn't, but there may be other reasons why she would want to take it - she'll know. If she needs a new card, she can apply for it in her home town.

My wife's national ID is back in Guilin with her Mum, she did not need it to travel too or from China last summer, just passport and green-card.

The one place she might need her ID card is if she is going to stay in any hotels. When we travel within China, I generally book plane tickets with my wife's passport since it will accept her name in pinyin. However, once we get to the hotel, they usually ask to see my wife's ID card in order to register.

Her passport and green card should do it. Name change involved? Bring a copy of that document.

Don't forget to purchase the ticket in her passport name, if the green card is a different name.

My wife also leaves her local ID at home. And, a few trips ago, she renewed it around the expiration date (good for ten years, as I recall) when she was in town.

thanks everyone for your help and input.....name has not been changed and i think her friend is going to get the hotel arranged for her, so ID card i think is not necesary...the only real snag i ran into was using my credit card to secure the ticket in her name on a short notice....they did not want to approve the transaction online....had to call and place the reservation and even after that, had to go through a credit card verification.

My wife also left her chinese ID with her mother in Guilin. If your wife's name is under her maiden name on her passport and with your last name on her greencard she may also want to take her marriage certifcate to show why the names do not match.