Visitor's Visa for Wife's Best Friend

My wife's best friend is going to her third interview in GZ for a visitor's visa.

She is financially well off and owns two business, a condo and a house.

Also she has a 16 year old son who will not be going with her on the trip.

In addition to the sponsorship, I (wife wrote the last ones) wrote a well defined letter outlining the long term family relationship and the fact she will be traveling with my mother in law (has B2) and will return to China.

Anybody think she has a chance this time?

So you and your wife are inviters and sponsors? It is not very common for friends to be inviter and sponsors for B2, at least to my knowledge. Also, if she was well-off, she could sponsor herself. Also, leave her 16-year old son at home alone? Maybe these could be the reason why she was refused before.

B2 is for relatives and tourists.

Edited by xiaozhu (see edit history)

My wife's best friend passed her interview yesterday; third try.

The VO did not look at any of the documents we submitted (invitation letter, I-134 ect). Our friend did submit a list of nine reasons (in Chinese)why she would return.

Also the focus seemed to be on her property ownership and the ownership of her two business'.

Wife is happy.

My wife's best friend passed her interview yesterday; third try.

The VO did not look at any of the documents we submitted (invitation letter, I-134 ect). Our friend did submit a list of nine reasons (in Chinese)why she would return.

Also the focus seemed to be on her property ownership and the ownership of her two business'.

Wife is happy.

Congratulations

I think that is the first time I've heard of someone actually getting one. I've thought about trying to get my wife one while we wait for the CR1 process, but from what I've read it would be basically impossible. Only reason I would even try is so she could definitely meet my father... he is rather old after all...

Also; forgot to mention the VO asked about the relationship between the two extended families.

Maybe she got lucky and got a VO that knows something about China.

Did she show her ownership of property and business before? She did, I bet.

She got it this time since it is her third time, I think. Many people got B2 at their second/third try. So the thruth is not giving up!!

Whatever, good to hear it.

My wife's best friend is going to her third interview in GZ for a visitor's visa.

In addition to the sponsorship, I (wife wrote the last ones) wrote a well defined letter outlining the long term family relationship and the fact she will be traveling with my mother in law (has B2) and will return to China.

Hello

I'm trying to get things together to invite my wifes friend to the USA. Could you give me a copy or some ideas where¡¡£É¡¡£ã£á£î¡¡£ó£å£å¡¡£á¡¡£ì£å£ô£ô£å£ò¡¡£ï£æ¡¡£é£î£ö£é£ô£á£ô£é£ï£î£®

£Ô£è£á£î£ë£ó

£Ó£ô£å£ö£å

£õ£ó£ø£é£á£í£å£î£À£ù£á£è£ï£ï£®£ã£ï£í

Hello

I'm trying to get things together to invite my wifes friend to the USA. Could you give me a copy or some ideas where¡¡£É¡¡£ã£á£î¡¡£ó£å£å¡¡£á¡¡£ì£å£ô£ô£å£ò¡¡£ï£æ¡¡£é£î£ö£é£ô£á£ô£é£ï£î£®

£Ô£è£á£î£ë£ó

£Ó£ô£å£ö£å

£õ£ó£ø£é£á£í£å£î£À£ù£á£è£ï£ï£®£ã£ï£í

Hello

I'm trying to get things together to invite my wifes friend to the USA. Could you give me a copy or some ideas where I can see a letter of invitation.

Thanks

Steve

usxiamen@yahoo.com

Dear Nancy: (Yu Lan)

I am inviting you to visit Faye (Hui Hui) and myself at our home in xxxxx, California. It will be a nice gift for Faye’s birthday to have her friend of forty years come for a visit. It’s amazing how you two have been best friends since grammar school. Since you’ve opened your house to us on our visits to Guangzhou so many times, it is time we open our house to you. I know you have a business to run but I have a nice desk top PC and an extra laptop you can use; all have the Chinese language pack installed.

It would be nice to bring your son xxxxxx along but I know he has obligations at school.

I am sure Faye’s mother, Gui Xiang, told you about her visit and the fun she had last month and the trip we took to Las Vegas. I hope you can travel with her as Hong Kong is a big airport and she needs help to make the connection to San Francisco.

We will go to San Francisco to Faye’s aunt’s house as you haven’t seen her since her last visit and do some sightseeing. Also we will visit Bay Bridge, Golden Gate Bridge, Chinatown, Fishman’s Wharf, Downtown, De Young Museum and Golden Gate Park. We will also take a trip to Angel’s Island and Alcatraz Island.

I think you will like Lake Tahoe and Yosemite but we will definitely visit Las Vegas.

I’ll let you and Faye make the final plans.

While you are here I will be responsible for all of you expenses.

Get ready for some fun.

Your Friend:

Pete & Faye

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

American Consulate General

No. 1 Shamian Street South

Guangzhou, China 510133

Subject: Issuance of Visitor’s Visa to our long time family friend.

Dear Visa Officer,

My wife and I would like to invite our best and long time friend, Yu Lan, to visit our home in xxx xxx Lane, xxxx, CA 95xxx here for one to three months. Yu Lan has been my wife’s best friend since primary school and our two families are as one. While here we would like to take her to visit t sites in San Francisco, Yosemite, Lake Tahoe and Las Vegas.

Yu Lan’s son will not be able to join her as he is attending high school in Guangzhou. Additionally, Yu Lan is a business owner; she will have full internet and voice access from our home to stay in touch with her office manager (my sister in law).

During her stay here we will bear all financial responsibilities including her medical insurance while here, and all travel expenses.

Sincerely Yours,

Peter Freeman & Hui Hui Huang

also see:

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8469

Edited by pkfops (see edit history)