Hey guys i have some more questions, My fiance visa has been assigned to Guangzhou, And she is waiting to receive her interview packet, My question is for the I-134 affidavit of support, I have read the instructions online, But they are a bit unclear, Do I need to send this I-134 to my fiance? Or do i need to file it myself? I am not sure!

Also in the instructions they are only asking for last years tax return? do i need to send copies of last 3 years? They are asking for a statement from my bank for deposits for the last year.

Look guys i have no problem providing them with whatever they want, I am just unclear as what i need to provide, Please help, Thanks Brian

You will send to fiancee and it will be brought to the interview, and turned over with all the other docs the day before interview.

The consulate treats the I-134, similar to the I-864 that you will later use in the USA when adjusting status, follow the I-864 instructions for financial evidence.

They expect to see attached to the I-134.

• Copies of past 3 years IRS returns or simple IRS transcripts which you can order for FREE from the IRS. (Or an explanation why you did not file a return)
  • Copies of past 6 months pay stubs.
  • A Letter from employer. (Basically, your employer letter should state "To whom it may concern: (first name,last name) has been employed full-time with the XYZ Company since 200_ as a (name of your job), and is an employee in good standing with an annual salary of $XXXX. Signed, John Doe, Supervisor (or whatever title)" The letter should be on company letterhead.)

http://i949.photobucket.com/albums/ad334/dnoblett/Immigration%20Stuff/I-864Income-1.jpg

Bank statements not required unless you are using amount on deposit as an asset, if income exceeds 125% poverty line then NO bank statements needed.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

You will send to fiancee and it will be brought to the interview, and turned over with all the other docs the day before interview.

The consulate treats the I-134, similar to the I-864 that you will later use in the USA when adjusting status, follow the I-864 instructions for financial evidence.

• Copies of past 3 years IRS returns or simple IRS transcripts which you can order for FREE from the IRS. (Or an explanation why you did not file a return)
  • A Letter from employer. (Basically, your employer letter should state "To whom it may concern: (first name,last name) has been employed full-time with the XYZ Company since 200_ as a (name of your job), and is an employee in good standing with an annual salary of $XXXX. Signed, John Doe, Supervisor (or whatever title)" The letter should be on company letterhead.)

http://i949.photobucket.com/albums/ad334/dnoblett/Immigration%20Stuff/I-864Income-1.jpg

Bank statements not required unless you are using amount on deposit as an asset, if income exceeds 125% poverty line then NO bank statements needed.

GUZ speaks out fo both sides of it's mouth. While the instructions say 3 years of tax returns were not required, at thje time we'd shipped the paperwork over there I still hadn't filed my 2010 return. So I sent the "supporting documewntation, including W-2 and all the K-1 and 1099's I had at the time. I filed my 1040 a couple of days later. When ChunMei did her document turn-in the day before her interview the intake clerk told her that they needed 3 years of 1040's, and that if the 2010 1040 wasn't present she'd be blue-slipped. I emailed the 2010 1040 to her and she had a hard copy for the interview. They still questioned her strenuously about why she hadn't turned it in the day before.

GUZ speaks out fo both sides of it's mouth. While the instructions say 3 years of tax returns were not required, at thje time we'd shipped the paperwork over there I still hadn't filed my 2010 return. So I sent the "supporting documewntation, including W-2 and all the K-1 and 1099's I had at the time. I filed my 1040 a couple of days later. When ChunMei did her document turn-in the day before her interview the intake clerk told her that they needed 3 years of 1040's, and that if the 2010 1040 wasn't present she'd be blue-slipped. I emailed the 2010 1040 to her and she had a hard copy for the interview. They still questioned her strenuously about why she hadn't turned it in the day before.

It plainly ask on the I-134 form for Banking account balances, Do i need to include statements from my bank? According to the I-134 instructions, They are calling for all deposits for the last 12 months, This form was revised 2010!!

How far above the 125% poverty level is your income? If it is close then no need to send the info. Just put N/A. If it is close then give them all that they ask for.

Correect, this is what we did when using the I-134, there are two ways of showing capable of support income and assets, if income is more than sufficient then no need to provide asset data.

Income should exceed 125% poverty line.

How far above the 125% poverty level is your income? If it is close then no need to send the info. Just put N/A. If it is close then give them all that they ask for.

Correect, this is what we did when using the I-134, there are two ways of showing capable of support income and assets, if income is more than sufficient then no need to provide asset data.

My income is well above the 125% level they are concerned about, My concern is that it states right on the 134 instructions if ALL directions and criteria are not followed excatly, They can reject your affidavit.

My income is well above the 125% level they are concerned about, My concern is that it states right on the 134 instructions if ALL directions and criteria are not followed excatly, They can reject your affidavit.

Keep in mind I-134 is a multi-function document, it is used for many different types of NON-Immigrant visas, some sponsors like in cases of work or student visas may not be an individual, it may be an organization or company, in those cases things like IRS returns or pay-stubs, and employer letters would not be available, so other things like bank statements, bonds, etc may be used.

Again as I said before treat the I-134 as a mini-I-864 the consulate does and expects the same types of evidence you would use for the I-864 later.

This has been the advice given on this board all along and I have yet to see a post from anyone that the consulate requested employer/school types of evidence for K-1 visas.

I made a typo. I meant to say that if it is NOT close (as in above) then no need to send the info. I would also like to add that GUZ is part of the "big brother" network and has access to this info on their own if they so wish. Accuracy of the info you put on the I-134 is very important. Others might disagree with me about this.

I made a typo. I meant to say that if it is NOT close (as in above) then no need to send the info. I would also like to add that GUZ is part of the "big brother" network and has access to this info on their own if they so wish. Accuracy of the info you put on the I-134 is very important. Others might disagree with me about this.

You may be correct there, I am in IT and income is around 50K, I don't think they even looked at the I-134 when my wife presented it.

However things have changed with the new procedure of document drop off prior to interview, and the clerk at drop off has a standard that they expect with the I-134.

The date on the instructions I have is 5/25/2011. I think that I may interview in August and I'll make sure to bring everything that they have listed. I don't see any reason not to.

On my instructions they want:

1. Bank account statement with the date account opened, total amount deposited over the past year, and present balance.

2. Statement from employer on business stationary showing date and nature of employment, salary, and whether or not position is permanent.

or, if self employed:

3. A copy of last income tax return files or a report of commercial rating concern.

I'm also going to bring my last 3 income tax returns.

The form says to bring evidence of all of the forms that apply to your situation, but I'd hate to have to have my fiance arguing with the consulate officer whether or not a bank account statement applies to my situation, so I'll make sure to bring everything.

And they want it all in duplicate.

I have a quick question about the I-134 as well! I was a full time student until May 2009 and shortly after I got an internship which led to a full time job right at the end of. (and a raise in income in February 2011) Basically I could only include one tax return (2010) and not a three year history because I was a full time student on a scholarship. My 2010 tax return is well above the 125 percent poverty level. If I include this with 6 months of pay check stubs, employer letter, and a statement I was a student in earlier years would that be enough? I'm just on edge because I'm missing 3 years of returns. Thank you so much everyone. Love the site!

I have a quick question about the I-134 as well! I was a full time student until May 2009 and shortly after I got an internship which led to a full time job right at the end of. (and a raise in income in February 2011) Basically I could only include one tax return (2010) and not a three year history because I was a full time student on a scholarship. My 2010 tax return is well above the 125 percent poverty level. If I include this with 6 months of pay check stubs, employer letter, and a statement I was a student in earlier years would that be enough? I'm just on edge because I'm missing 3 years of returns. Thank you so much everyone. Love the site!

That will be fine.

That will be fine.

Thanks dnoblett. I saw you posted if we provided an explanation it would be ok, but since every case is different in some way I wanted to be sure. You are awesome! Thank you!

Hey guys.I wanted to ask question about this also. My Fiance is currently waiting for for our P3 from Guangzhou. I am a student going into the last semester of college and only have one year of tax returns from an internship I did 2 summers ago. So my father will co-sponser us. I have 3 years of his tax returns, he earns more then enough to sponser us, but since he is the owner of the restaurant he has no pay stubs. Will this work as a co-sponser?

Thanks