July Interview Group

Someone else can correct me if I'm wrong but I am thinking if that envelope is addressed to USCIS, then you wouldn't turn it in at the POE anyway. The reason I have that thought is CBP and USCIS are different agencies and it's CBP who is staffing the POE.

Thanks Ryan, I agree with you. I intend to keep it for her AOS interview.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am waiting in Guangzhou for the Visa. If bobbyA hasn't got his yet, I'm pretty sure ours isn't in either. We check the EMS tracking page every once in a while.

They're blasting at the construction site outside our hotel. It's a bit gut wrenching to listen to from the 26th floor.

I have never been able to get the English version of EMS tracking to work. I always have to get me wife to enter the info on the Chinese side and it works everytime.

We tried both English and Chinese versions of EMS tracking. Both came up with nothing. I guess our visa has not been sent out.

I am waiting in Guangzhou for the Visa. If bobbyA hasn't got his yet, I'm pretty sure ours isn't in either. We check the EMS tracking page every once in a while.

They're blasting at the construction site outside our hotel. It's a bit gut wrenching to listen to from the 26th floor.

My fiancee called the post office about an hour ago and was told the visa packages usually arrive at the post office at 5 or 6pm. She called the general number listed on her pink slip. The designated post office's phone number kept ringing busy. I'm sure a lot of people call them everyday.

Thanks for confirming that you haven't gotten your yet. Hopefully we'll hear something this afternoon.

My fiance also had his interview on July 19th, and we got the visa this morning from the post office. My fiance said he also recognized another person interviewed on the same day there getting her visa. I'm pretty sure you will get yours very soon! PS, you can check the website with the number they gave you

I just joined our group a few months ago. Unlike most members here, I'm a girl with a Chinese fiance :) My fiance had his interview in the morning on 07/19, and we just received the visa from the post office this morning (We checked the EMS website this morning, it was received by the post office at 7pm last night). I'd like to express my deep gratitude to everyone in Candlesforlove group for all the valuable advice and experience! Knowing that we were not alone and were walking through this together with you wonderful ppls was really comforting and helpful!

I just joined our group a few months ago. Unlike most members here, I'm a girl with a Chinese fiance :) My fiance had his interview in the morning on 07/19, and we just received the visa from the post office this morning (We checked the EMS website this morning, it was received by the post office at 7pm last night). I'd like to express my deep gratitude to everyone in Candlesforlove group for all the valuable advice and experience! Knowing that we were not alone and were walking through this together with you wonderful ppls was really comforting and helpful!

Great news!! Happy to see you're success.

tsap seui

No visa for me this week. Tuesday is the next possible day. I was hoping to fly back on Monday or Tuesday, but I guess I'll just have to resign myself to staying in Guangzhou until Friday. Friday is the last possible day I can return, so I'll book plane tickets for then and hope for the best.

No visa for me this week. Tuesday is the next possible day. I was hoping to fly back on Monday or Tuesday, but I guess I'll just have to resign myself to staying in Guangzhou until Friday. Friday is the last possible day I can return, so I'll book plane tickets for then and hope for the best.

Take heart buddy. If GUZ got it into the mail yesterday it may show up today or tomorrow. China Post doesn't close on the weekends.

Also, a guard told us, since our interview was on a Friday, that often the Chinese workers in the consulate work on Saturdays. :) Turns out they processed our pink slip on Saturday and the packages were in China Post Sunday afternoon.

tsap seui

Edited by tsap seui (see edit history)

Thanks tsap seui. I already booked our flights for Friday. We'll go to Seoul and then straight to Las Vegas. I think it's good that our POE is our final destination. Now we'll just have to entertain ourselves for six days.

I feel for ya being stuck in Guangzhou. It's pretty, but it's like living in a soup atmosphere.

We may be coming to Vegas in September of next year. I was once part of an industry that has a convention there each September. It will be a great chance to see some shows and see some good friends from the past.

Good luck.

tsap seui

For those of you waiting in Guangzhou:

To pass the time you could take the D train (75 RMB - 1 hr trip) or bus (60 RMB 2 hr trip) to Shenzhen for a day trip.

or go to Dongguan (bus 30 RMB) for a day trip.

Shenzhen http://www.travelchinaguide.com/cityguides/guangdong/shenzhen/

Dongguan http://www.travelchinaguide.com/cityguides/guangdong/dongguan/