July Interview Group

Oh, go ahead! Take a look! They don't byte! :lol:

Randy,

Looks like you were hard at work while I was sound asleep :D

Thank you for the detailed drawings of the consulate and pictures.

I'm looking forward to seeing all that myself. Can't wait!! :D

I much prefer slow days. It's good to know they don't conduct interviews on Mondays, so if I get up early enough on Monday, I'll venture into the building and see how far up I can go. Come rescue me if I get stuck :D

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, go ahead! Take a look! They don't byte! :lol:

Randy,

Looks like you were hard at work while I was sound asleep :D

Thank you for the detailed drawings of the consulate and pictures.

I'm looking forward to seeing all that myself. Can't wait!! :D

I much prefer slow days. It's good to know they don't conduct interviews on Mondays, so if I get up early enough on Monday, I'll venture into the building and see how far up I can go. Come rescue me if I get stuck :D

If you send up a flare, we may see it - we're only about 200 miles to the west of Guangzhou

Thanks Sichuan Red and bobbyA! Everyone on here is so supportive. So many things that I have picked up from these forums and probably saved myself a lot of time.

I think the Consulate got buried in mail on the 4th of July weekend. With our P3 arriving Friday before.

I emailed them at 10 days and got the standard continue to wait email. Now every time I call DOS, they mention the email and tell me to wait.

28 days puts me at the 26th or 29th. So it looks like I will be an early August interview.

Thanks and good luck!

Thanks Sichuan Red and bobbyA! Everyone on here is so supportive. So many things that I have picked up from these forums and probably saved myself a lot of time.

I think the Consulate got buried in mail on the 4th of July weekend. With our P3 arriving Friday before.

I emailed them at 10 days and got the standard continue to wait email. Now every time I call DOS, they mention the email and tell me to wait.

28 days puts me at the 26th or 29th. So it looks like I will be an early August interview.

Thanks and good luck!

Andy, I'm glad you found our data helpful.

It's perfectly alright to call DOS and email the consulate.

A gentlemen at VJ waited a long time for his fiancee's P3 because DOS didn't have the correct information for him. I encouaged him to email the consulate, and the consulate replied and told him they sent P3 to his fiancee and got returned because of incorrect address. Their P3 got sent back to the consulate, and the consulate forwarded it to him. Obviously he hasn't gotten it, but he wasted 6 weeks before finding out.

Hope you hear from the consulate soon!

I haven't been able to log onto Candle....MY home for so long....and Iam out of touch with July filers but I will be in Guangzhou for the rest of the week hsould anyone need an American face who has had 5 years of dealing with the consulate. :lol:

I am not one minute walking distance from the consualte at(Mr. Yang's) and would be happy to help in any way.

tsap seui

I haven't been able to log onto Candle....MY home for so long....and Iam out of touch with July filers but I will be in Guangzhou for the rest of the week hsould anyone need an American face who has had 5 years of dealing with the consulate. :lol:

I am not one minute walking distance from the consualte at(Mr. Yang's) and would be happy to help in any way.

tsap seui

Welcome....you finally made it!!

tsap seui

I'm the guy walkin' around Guangzhou with the cat eatin' shit grin, my grin is so big I can hardly hold a tootpick in my teeth. :D

Cuzin' I've asked for grits at every restaurant I've been to, I thought this place was down south. :P

tsap seui

I'm the guy walkin' around Guangzhou with the cat eatin' shit grin, my grin is so big I can hardly hold a tootpick in my teeth. :D

Cuzin' I've asked for grits at every restaurant I've been to, I thought this place was down south. :P

There is a supermarket there called Lotus if you can find it. They sell ôÖ (san). I think this means grits. :unsure: I wunder if they ever seen a possum grin? :D

tsap seui

tsap seui,

Good to hear from you!

It was your post about standing in line with your wife to pay for her EMS that prompted my "crazy idea" of going up to the 5th floor of the consulate to be with my fiancee during her document intake and interview. It stirred up quite a discussion in the July Discussion Group :D

When are you leaving Guangzhou? I'll be there on Saturday.

tsap seui

tsap seui,

Good to hear from you!

It was your post about standing in line with your wife to pay for her EMS that prompted my "crazy idea" of going up to the 5th floor of the consulate to be with my fiancee during her document intake and interview. It stirred up quite a discussion in the July Discussion Group :D

When are you leaving Guangzhou? I'll be there on Saturday.

:lol: I'll bet that did stir up a discussion. Sorry if it implied that you could go up for the interview. This was all outside the interview room. It was a long line for ones who had been given pink slips and the guards let me stand in it.

We may be leaving Saturday, if not earlier should we get the visas. If I am here I would be happy to walk you through the whole show. If it were on a weekday I would take you up to the fifth floor and show you the interview room. Anything to help someone else.

If I miss you, good luck.

:lol: I'll bet that did stir up a discussion. Sorry if it implied that you could go up for the interview. This was all outside the interview room. It was a long line for ones who had been given pink slips and the guards let me stand in it.

We may be leaving Saturday, if not earlier should we get the visas. If I am here I would be happy to walk you through the whole show. If it were on a weekday I would take you up to the fifth floor and show you the interview room. Anything to help someone else.

If I miss you, good luck.

For your sake, I hope you can pick up your wife's visa and passport and leave Guangzhou before I get there :) Please keep us posted so we can estimate and hope for ours.

I'll try to get up to the 5th floor myself on Monday if my fiancee doesn't stop me from carrying out my crazy idea :D

I want to personally thank members of the CFL family . The journey is essentially done til another 2 years when we have to file CR1 removal .

There are many knowledgable members in this forum and their sharing of knowledge and experience are so great .

Without this forum , I would not have known how to prepare our application well so we can have smooth sailing.

For those who missed out my writing, lao po got easy pink and received her visa 1 day later. Honestly speaking, I would not want to come to GZ for this interview . Hate to travel in July ; high season ( $$$) and very very hot & humid in GZ . My coming here has no bearing none whatsoever to the outcome of the case. It's just a moral support to lao po. She is a red neck ,not the ambitious college educated chinese women who will do anything to get ahead. So, on and on, when I got a little upset of spending over $2000 , I'm reminded of my red neck colleagues in South Carolina who wouldn't give a sh*t of coming to China , how would they feel if they suddenly is asked to do all of these plus get on the plane for 15 hours ride to the new world ? My red neck assitant in SC told me there's no way she would go to China .Even, in the US, people have a hard time understanding her hillbilly tongue , let alone go to China. So, with that in mind, I yielded and came here .

For all of these worth, PRC is an incredible place . Still freshly remmeber back in the 80's, those poor visiting scholars at the U. Wisconsin Madison , post cultural revolution scientists, poor , saved a lot of $ , gathered at the biggest TV/Electronic store in town at the end of their term to buy tv's, fridgs, stereos, AC's,etc... to bring back to China. Today, when I lined up in GZ , saw hundreds of 16-18 yrs kids , from well of parents, products of my uncle Deng Xiao Ping 1 child policy , applying for 1 month college tour visas to the USA . Parents is ready to spend at least $5000 for this visit to my good uncle sammy . How many families in my red neck SC town can afford this ???

We painted the pictures ladies who married lao wai are poor girls with kids . not necessarily , many of whom are richer than the lao wai themselves .

Well, to my uncle Deng, I have to say , " to be rich is glorious " you 're right uncle ....

Today, PRC is still running your policy even you've been gone more than a decade ago.