Everything is sent in to NVC....Questions

Just waiting for the e-mail from NVC confirming they are finished with our electronic IR-1/IR-2 case, and sending it to the consulate.

Wrapping this up I have a question for Dan, and/or for you folks who just went through this electronic process.

I used copies of 7 white books as evidence. Using the same six white books (excepting the Police Report Book) on both petitions.

1. Beneficiary divorce decree

2. Beneficiary divorce agreement showing custody of son (IR-2) to my wife.

3. Statement of Approval from ex-husband for his son to immigrate to America

4. Our Wedding Certificate

5. Wife birth Certificate

6. Son Birth Certificate

7. Police Report for Wife (son is 15 years old)

My questions...

It appears to me that my wife and son EACH ONE will need to turn in for their individual petition's "original documents" the above listed 6 white books (the wife needing the 7th Police Report Book) on their interview day?

Do they give any of these white books back if they are successful with the interview?

I've got 4 Wedding Certificate white books and only 2 each of the other white books. It's looking like we are going to need to buy at least one more white book for everything but the police report.

I'm aware of the originals for I-864, DS-230, DS-3032, Packet 3, Passport Photos, My divorce decrees, Passport Bio pages, and 2 passport photos.

Final question. Do we need any photos or white books for the medical?

I can't remember what we needed for the K-1, 4 years ago.

Thanks for any help. Just trying to get the final docs in a row before I take off for Chinertucky just after I get NVC's final word and GUZ's interview date.

tsap seui

By the Way, I know we will get a June interview, but I will have to ask GUZ to postpone it until early July, or whenever after June they can schedule the interviews.

Edited by tsap seui (see edit history)
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) They should return the origionals, needed to verify that what was scanned and emailed to them was a true copy.

2) Since documents are turned in day before interview, I think not needed to be brought to medical.

well uncle Tsap ;

I called NVC today because our applications have been there for more than 20 business days ( almost 1 month).

Yes, they got it but not processed yet .

Luckily , got a helpful operator who said she is putting a request for processing now .

Still need to wait another 10 days.

They are very slow suddenly ....

well uncle Tsap ;

I called NVC today because our applications have been there for more than 20 business days ( almost 1 month).

Yes, they got it but not processed yet .

Luckily , got a helpful operator who said she is putting a request for processing now .

Still need to wait another 10 days.

They are very slow suddenly ....

We may yet meet in Guangzhou.

tsap seui

1) They should return the origionals, needed to verify that what was scanned and emailed to them was a true copy.

2) Since documents are turned in day before interview, I think not needed to be brought to medical.

Dan, it seemed to me that we gave birth certificates to the doctors at the medical exams back in 2007. I know we had to give some sort of white book to them.

It looks to me that, in order for us to have at least one copy OURSELVES we need THREE white books of each catagory....individual birth certificates, divorce decree, Fathers approval for son to immigrate, divorce agreement, etc.

I asked the question if they give any of these white books back because I want to khow what to do to have at least 2 of my wife's and son's birth certificates in my hands for anything they may need them for IF they are allowed to come live in America.

Anyone recently have an interview that used electronic processing with NVC for CR-1 and CR-2? Or IR-1 and IR-2? I'd like to hear what you did.

What did you turn in for the medical?

Thanks

tsap seui

Edited by tsap seui (see edit history)

My questions...

It appears to me that my wife and son EACH ONE will need to turn in for their individual petition's "original documents" the above listed 6 white books (the wife needing the 7th Police Report Book) on their interview day?

---Your wife and your son will be interviewed together. All original documents will be taken and they will be not given back. For IR1/IR2 EP, what you submitted just are copies. They collect all originals at interview.

What they collect will be (all of these are white books)

---One original Beneficiary divorce decree

---One original Beneficiary divorce agreement showing custody of son (IR-2) to my wife.

---One original Statement of Approval from ex-husband for his son to immigrate to America

---One original Our Wedding Certificate

---One original Wife birth Certificate

---One original Son Birth Certificate

---One original Police Report for Wife (son is 15 years old)

Do they give any of these white books back if they are successful with the interview?

----Not given back!!

I've got 4 Wedding Certificate white books and only 2 each of the other white books. It's looking like we are going to need to buy at least one more white book for everything but the police report.

----I do not think it is necessary at this point. But you may want to have extra birth certificate for future use after they get to US.

I'm aware of the originals for I-864, DS-230, DS-3032, Packet 3, Passport Photos, My divorce decrees, Passport Bio pages, and 2 passport photos.

----Yes, all of these should be orignals. But at my interview, they did not ask for DS-230 originals. Do not forget copies of your three years tax return. They like them badly

---No! only the medical report which is sealed.

Plus bring your wife's original divorce decree in Chinese, and your marriage certificate (red book in Chinese), and your original divorce decree if any.

Edited by xiaozhu (see edit history)

My questions...

---Your wife and your son will be interviewed together. All original documents will be taken and they will be not given back. For IR1/IR2 EP, what you submitted just are copies. They collect all originals at interview.

What they collect will be (all of these are white books)

---One original Beneficiary divorce decree

---One original Beneficiary divorce agreement showing custody of son (IR-2) to my wife.

---One original Statement of Approval from ex-husband for his son to immigrate to America

---One original Our Wedding Certificate

---One original Wife birth Certificate

---One original Son Birth Certificate

---One original Police Report for Wife (son is 15 years old)

----Not given back!!

----I do not think it is necessary at this point. But you may want to have extra birth certificate for future use after they get to US.

----Yes, all of these should be orignals. But at my interview, they did not ask for DS-230 originals. Do not forget copies of your three years tax return. They like them badly

---No! only the medical report which is sealed.

Plus bring your wife's original divorce decree in Chinese, and your marriage certificate (red book in Chinese), and your original divorce decree if any.

Thanks much for making that clear.

I knew they would interview as one, but thought that each one needed their own white white book for each catagory, not just one book for both of them. Saves on buying a lot of new books.

And in 2007, I'm pretty sure we had to turn in birth certificates for K-1/K-2 medical reports. Glad to see nothing now but show your passport.

Thanks again for your help.

tsap seui

If you're worried about having to buy new white books, you may not need to. My wife and I made copies of ours and they accepted the copies even after I told them that we had the originals on hand if they wanted to swap. The officer said it was fine and took the copies - no problem. So, we still have all of our original white books tucked away for future use.

If you're worried about having to buy new white books, you may not need to. My wife and I made copies of ours and they accepted the copies even after I told them that we had the originals on hand if they wanted to swap. The officer said it was fine and took the copies - no problem. So, we still have all of our original white books tucked away for future use.

I sent in some beautiful copies in my original application, and again during the electronic IR-1 IR-2 NVC part. now it's GUZ who wants originals. Have known about it a long time but just looking to see how many needed.

Thanks, and good luck to you both.

Even though GUZ is gonna be giving us a June interview our turn at bat (again) is gonna have to be set back to early July because of our son's school exams.

tsap seui

I feel like Yogi deja Vu Berra all over again. Goin' to a dadgum interview again. I'll bet Guangzhou hasn't gotten any cooler in July. In 2007 you could fry eggs on the sidewalks.

We'll be Walkin' a Tight Rope, hand in hand, as ol' Stevie Ray Vaughin would sing and play.

And in 2007, I'm pretty sure we had to turn in birth certificates for K-1/K-2 medical reports. Glad to see nothing now but show your passport.

For medical reports, your wife and son need to bring their passports, interview appointment letter, and 4 photographs (2cun*2cun). Medical reports will be sealed and turned them in at interview.

I only had one police certificate and two birth certificates in white book.

For medical reports, your wife and son need to bring their passports, interview appointment letter, and 4 photographs (2cun*2cun). Medical reports will be sealed and turned them in at interview.

I only had one police certificate and two birth certificates in white book.

Yes, I remember the sealed doctors reports for my wife and son last time we were in GUZ.

No passport photos turned in on the document collection day, other than what you turned in at the med center?

You didn't need much for your interview it looks like. We both have had divorces so she has a divorce decree AND a divorce agreement, as well a white book with the ex-husband giving his okay for the son to immigrate to America, our marriage certificate, the police report, and then....the two birth certificates.

Thanks for answering my questions.

tsap seui

I sent in some beautiful copies in my original application, and again during the electronic IR-1 IR-2 NVC part. now it's GUZ who wants originals. Have known about it a long time but just looking to see how many needed.

Even though GUZ is gonna be giving us a June interview our turn at bat (again) is gonna have to be set back to early July because of our son's school exams.

tsap seui

I feel like Yogi deja Vu Berra all over again. Goin' to a dadgum interview again. I'll bet Guangzhou hasn't gotten any cooler in July. In 2007 you could fry eggs on the sidewalks.

We'll be Walkin' a Tight Rope, hand in hand, as ol' Stevie Ray Vaughin would sing and play.

It will definitely be hot and humid there in July, don't forget the umbrella.

tsap seui

It will definitely be hot and humid there in July, don't forget the umbrella.

Guangzhou is simply horrible to me, and my wife. Being from the north she isn't used such heat and humidity, and being who we are there isn't much of anything in hot muggy Guangzhou that we care to go see. It's all about gettin' the visa and gettin' the HELL OUTTA Gaungzhou.

In 2007 I got into Guangzhou late at night and it wasn't so bad but during the day time, everytime I stepped out side it was like I felt when I stepped off the plane in Vietnam, so much heat and humidity it practically threw you back into the air conditioning. At least in Nam I could fly choppers up out of the "dead man zone" (above 2,500 feet) and catch a cool breeze, no such luck in Guangzhou.