Tornados Everywhere!!

chilton747

Man this weather has turned crazy!! According to the weather channel, there are tornado warnings around here. One is for approx 5 miles away and they are saying to take cover. Laopo is in bed now. Hope I don't have to go snatch her up and carry her to the basement. A lot of people died in Alabama.

They just lifted the warning from close by here but there are several warnings going on in Georgia now. I was just driving home when the warning close to here hit. The wind was blowing hard and it was very hard to stay on the road.

Now another warning for about 15 miles away.

They just lifted the warning from close by here but there are several warnings going on in Georgia now. I was just driving home when the warning close to here hit. The wind was blowing hard and it was very hard to stay on the road.

Now another warning for about 15 miles away.

Well, hunker down. I heard earlier that Alabama got hit pretty hard; government buildings disappeared and they don't know where they got off to.

I don't have a TV but I have the tracker on weather.com and listening to the radio. Guess I will be up for a while. I saw that 64 people were killed in Tuscaloosa Alabama. That's a lot of folks.

I heard part of town ended up in Birmingham 50 miles away - literally.

I'm afraid the report tomorrow is gonna be very bad. There have been casualties in Georgia as well. Just heard that some of the expressways are blocked with trees. Just heard a warning for the area in NE Georgia where our mountain house is. I just put a metal roof on it last week. Guess we will see how good of a job I did.

The worst right now is a tad to the east of Atlanta and heading for Raleigh, NC. Weather Service just issue a warning for DC through tomorrow morning. I don't recall DC ever being under a tornado warning; hurrican, tropical storm and snow; but never tornado.

Yep it is headed up I85 north. A friend of mine is on that road now trying to make his way to Virginia. He will have a helluva ride. There is still a big cell just southeast of Atlanta as well.

My son lived in DC for awhile. I'll have to ask him if he has ever heard of one there.

Ive got tree limbs so thick I am driving on them.

One BIG tree has large branches just tore off. I didn't hear lightning, so a little drop of whirl you think???

Place is a mess outside. War zone yard. I need a forked scraper aparatus built for tractor to scrape all the limbs up after a storm. My back will be killing me this time.

It seems the system still is unstable. Many replies to this thread including mine were eliminated. Anyway post mine again. Hopefully it would not disapppear again

Glad to hear you all are safe. There are many reports in China about tornados disaster in US. This morning when I turn on the computer, the first news comes to me is that at least 280 people died by tornado. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_severe_weather

Stay safe and target a safe place ahead! Hope no more casualties.

Edited by xiaozhu (see edit history)

I know there are significant power outages that may be preventing members from checking in. Sure hope everyone came through it OK.

I'm wondering about Mick. He lives in an area that was the highest risk. To the east of him, a city named Ringgold got hit hard and 13 or so people lost their lives. My band plays a gig there every year for the Chamber of Commerce so these people are in my thoughts.

5 minutes from our mountain house got hit. 10 houses and a fire station are gone and over 100 roads are closed. I called my hillbilly friend there and he said my house was ok.

All I can say is WHAT a storm system! This year has been rough for the south. Hope it's over.

I figured you would have it from when you send him the money a while back.

I'll see if I can dig up anything from his facebook friends.

If that doesn't work then at least try a new thread entitled "Anyone here know how to get in touch with Mick?" There has to be a member or two that talk on the phone with him.

I'll send him a PM to see if he gets notification in his email.

Edited by chilton747 (see edit history)