GUZ strikes again

Deep breath....

Happened to us too... 20 days but we finally got it. I don't know why, some other AP check at the end. When I emaild them and asked they were pretty forthright in saying it may be just a couple weeks more but that it was still approved. I did research back on CFL and found that our 20 day delay was 2nd longest in the last couple years here but there were many 1-3 week delays. There have been a couple situations when the visa came back with a blue. The one case mentioned here that is exceptionally bad. I couldn't find the situation referred to where a white slip was enclosed so I wouldn't worry about that.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Live long enough to bring her here? Tsap I think its your turn to get on your soap box

tsappy no have talkie about waitie, cuzin' Marine.

It will turn out all right for you guys Nick. No problem.

tsap seui

Well, I just finished an hour of Yahoo video with ChunMei, and I wrote another email to GUZ. I asked them if they could tell me anything about our case status. Now we'll see if they even answer me with something other than a form letter.

Hang-in there, one thing, GUZ has to answer your email.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the positive words, guys.

This is absolutely ridiculous what they are doing to people. Have you heard anything yet? My wife goes for her interview tomorrow. I can't believe it takes so long after the interview to get the visa. What BS! I hope you got it already it's May 9th today!

I am really worried about our own case.

The people who rent the Apartments - Yangs? Can't you pay them to forward the visa once it is approved.

My wife once said to me that Americans always think they can solve any problem with money and I think she has a point.

In this case, I don't care, my intent is to hire the Yangs rather than wait around for a week waiting on GUZ.

Edited by Beachey (see edit history)

The people who rent the Apartments - Yangs? Can't you pay them to forward the visa once it is approved.

My wife once said to me that Americans always think they can solve any problem with money and I think she has a point.

In this case, I don't care, my intent is to hire the Yangs rather than wait around for a week waiting on GUZ.

That is what we did and it was only a 3 day wait.

We just didn't want to hang around guangzhou.

Now though, I thought they changed the rules and will mail anywhere in China EMS delivers too.. not sure, but I seem to remember something like that.

That is what we did and it was only a 3 day wait.

We just didn't want to hang around guangzhou.

Now though, I thought they changed the rules and will mail anywhere in China EMS delivers too.. not sure, but I seem to remember something like that.

Nine cities since 2009 other than that, then have it mailed to the Yangs and they will forward it to any other address for you.

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/china-post-delivery-throughout-china.html

I posted the news in another thread, but she did get her visa, and I'm leaving for nanning on 20 May. We'll fly back here to Colorado on the 29th.

Holy crap, airfare has gotten expensive! Last time I flew over it cost me $1100 round trip. This time it's $2100.

Edited by NickF (see edit history)