Questions about NVC and Consulate

Ok I have put in alot of time looking into all this stuff getting ready for the interview and looking at the forms etc. I still have some questions though.

1. Is it at the NVC when I can choose to do electronic processing? How do I opt in for that? Call them up?

2. After choosing to opt in for electronic processing how do we go about packet 3? They have the DS230 or whatever that form is called so I assume if you fill that out online you dont need a mailing address label? What about the copy of her biography page on her passport? How can we file that electronically?

3. If you do online processing how do you provide a signature on any form????

4. Does the police report need to be done in her hometown? Also I didnt see a form for them to fill out? do they just give you a copy of their report?

5. I heard once they say packet 3 has been sent it could take 3 weeks to arrive. I heard its ok if you send it back and it gets to the consulate the same day as it gets to her place its fine. Once they say its been sent (eventhough its just sitting in a pile somewhere) is it ok to send in your completed packet 3? also how does this apply to electronic processing? do they email her instead and she has to email them back?

this electronic processing is confusing me some and i really couldnt find good directions about the filing on the guanzhou website. Sorry for so many questions but I am just trying to iron out the details since my application is at the NVC right now and I want to be done with this as quick as possible. We already have a case number from the NVC btw.

Thanks.

1. Yes NVC does electronic processing, Once you receive P2 approval from USCIS, start calling NVC automated system. Once the system tells you NVC has received case it will give you a NVC number, then you can email NVC to optin.

2. All documents are filled out as normail and signed. The difference is you scan them into computer as a PDF file, then email them to NVC. The originals you scanned are turned it at interview.

3. All documents scanned, just sign them before scanning to PDF

4. Wife will need to handle Police report, yes usually hometown she will go to notary to get white book

5. Once you optin for electronic processing you will not receive any regular mail everything will be done online including paying fees.

Candle has a good explanation of the process in the Consulate and Interview forums, I suck at links so look there, it is titles electronic processing.

Electronic processing is awesome, from P2 approval to interview can be in as little as 6 weeks. Entirely on you shoulders how fast you want to move.

Ok I have put in alot of time looking into all this stuff getting ready for the interview and looking at the forms etc. I still have some questions though.

1. Is it at the NVC when I can choose to do electronic processing? How do I opt in for that? Call them up?

2. After choosing to opt in for electronic processing how do we go about packet 3? They have the DS230 or whatever that form is called so I assume if you fill that out online you dont need a mailing address label? What about the copy of her biography page on her passport? How can we file that electronically?

3. If you do online processing how do you provide a signature on any form????

4. Does the police report need to be done in her hometown? Also I didnt see a form for them to fill out? do they just give you a copy of their report?

5. I heard once they say packet 3 has been sent it could take 3 weeks to arrive. I heard its ok if you send it back and it gets to the consulate the same day as it gets to her place its fine. Once they say its been sent (eventhough its just sitting in a pile somewhere) is it ok to send in your completed packet 3? also how does this apply to electronic processing? do they email her instead and she has to email them back?

this electronic processing is confusing me some and i really couldnt find good directions about the filing on the guanzhou website. Sorry for so many questions but I am just trying to iron out the details since my application is at the NVC right now and I want to be done with this as quick as possible. We already have a case number from the NVC btw.

Thanks.

Tirbo, electronic processing is THE BOMB!!! It knocks 2 to 4 months off the processing time.

Are you married, filing a CR-1? If you are K-1 EP isn't available to you, sorry if that is the case. At least NVC is quick to get through for K-1.

tsap seui

1) Electronic processing at NVC has to do with the document collecting for CR-1 and IR-1 immigrant visas, it is NOT an option for K-Visas since NVC has little to do with them other than assign a GUZ number and then ship them on to the consulate.

2) For immigrant visas like CR-1 and IR-1, intending immigrant emails a DS-3032 designating petitioner as agent, and then this can be handled in the states. Again NVC has nothing to do withK-Visas, the US consulate overseas will send out P-3 once they receive the case shipped to them.

3) Scan and send forms to NVC and bring the originally signed forms to the consulate when interviewing, usually turning them in the day before interview.

4) Police report comes from PSB located in "home town"

5) Is OK to mail the OF-169 and DS-230 part one back to consulate once knowing that P3 has been sent by consulate.

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/guangzhou/47024/K%20p3/K%20Instruction%20-Aug_%2010.pdf

http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/81807.pdf

Mail to:

United States Consulate Guangzhou

IV Unit

1 Shamian South Street

Guangzhou, 510133 PRC

There is a thread all about electronic process here on Candle: http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=37703

As Dan and Tsap have already said, EP (electronic processing) is not an option for you since your fiancee is applying for a K1 and the NVC is only a mail stop for yours and other K1 petitions.

So I am just going to have to wait out an extra few months vs electronic processing? thanks for the info though guys.

Judging from some of the timelines I have seen, NVC out to interview date can be as little as 2 months. Enjoy the peace and quiet while you can.

So I am just going to have to wait out an extra few months vs electronic processing? thanks for the info though guys.

The consulate indicates there may be an option, details are sketchy.

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/nvc_pilot_program_of_electronically_processing_visa_petitions.html#5

A week or so after NOA2 call NVC and ask an operator, they may have details as to how to opt into this, from what it sounds like, NVC will scan the case file and send it to Guangzhou.

Hello Turbo,

Looks like we are close to the same Timeline.

I received my letter from NVC dated March 24 2011. They received an approved petition...blah blah blah.

I contacted NVC last week, by phone. Gave them my INS receipt number. The lady told me they forwarded to GUZ the same day. So thursday will be 3 weeks since they received and shipped.

Guess we will see what happens. My Fiancee and I have a bet. She says June for interview. I am guessing August.

You can contact me anytime.

I am K1 visa also

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

Hello Turbo,

I received my letter from NVC dated March 24 2011. They received an approved petition...blah blah blah.

I contacted NVC last week, by phone. Gave them my INS receipt number. The lady told me they forwarded to GUZ the same day. So thursday will be 3 weeks since they received and shipped.

Guess we will see what happens. My Fiancee and I have a bet. She says June for interview. I am guessing August.

I am K1 visa also

thank you. Ya your like me. I thought her interview would be in August and she thinks sooner. The NVC sent out my package to the consulate early this week. I guess I am going to have to try and guess when the consulate will receive it to put in a change of address for Jia before they send out packet 3.

Also does anyone know where you can go online to see if packet 3 has been sent out to your fiance?

Thanks

Hello Turbo,

I am K1 visa also

thank you. Ya your like me. I thought her interview would be in August and she thinks sooner. The NVC sent out my package to the consulate early this week. I guess I am going to have to try and guess when the consulate will receive it to put in a change of address for Jia before they send out packet 3.

Also does anyone know where you can go online to see if packet 3 has been sent out to your fiance?

Thanks

No online systems to track the petition once it leaves USCIS, all you can do is call DOS visa services perhaps once a week for status, they will let you know ehn the consulate mails out packet 3 and 4.

202-663-1225.