Such a long time of waiting

When I get back, priority one will be finishing the I130 package and get that thing in the mail. Still nervous about screwing it up.

Foobaz, you will be fine. When I finished putting together my I-130 package, I felt good about it. I know this process can lead to paranoia, overthinking, and second guessing (trust me, experienced all 3); however, if you trust your own instincts, then you will assemble a package you feel good about. As always, the CFL community will be here to support you and answer your questions. Best wishes to you and your new wife!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats man. I've been out of the loop for some time here, but I could have sworn you were well on your way long before I started my process. We had to wait 2 years for the K1, but that was 2 years ago and the wife and I will have to go for the 10 year green card soon.

Regardless I am happy you both got approved and it was a very long time in coming. Best wishes!

Congrats man. I've been out of the loop for some time here, but I could have sworn you were well on your way long before I started my process. We had to wait 2 years for the K1, but that was 2 years ago and the wife and I will have to go for the 10 year green card soon.

Regardless I am happy you both got approved and it was a very long time in coming. Best wishes!

Thanks buddy. Good to hear your good news. I can only cross my fingers again and hope lil' rabbit picks the ducky with "VISA" printed on it's bottom when she goes to the lucky ducky pond, called an interview.

Happy to hear of the 10 card soon. We're IR-1 now and that is a big bonus for us too, if she is allowed to come over.

tsap seui

Edited by tsap seui (see edit history)

Me and mine just got hitched on the 20th. I was supposed to head back last week, but got too sick to fly. A mixed blessing to be sure. More time with the new wife, but almost too sick to enjoy it. Haha.

When I get back, priority one will be finishing the I130 package and get that thing in the mail. Still nervous about screwing it up.

I'll tell you man, one look at your timeline and I think you are one of the smartest people on Candle. You gave your case T I M E. Time is one of the most over looked, yet important aspect of the process. How could an official look at your timeline and think there is a scam in the process. My hat is off to you for taking time before rushing into engagement or marriage.

I think that aspect alone will give you good luck at the interview. ALl you have to do is highlight that in your application, then just fill in the blanks on the forms.

You should have no problem. Good luck.

tsap seui

Hey uncle Tsap Tsap;

Did you send yet your DS 230 ?

I emailed that plus I-864 EZ over 2 weeks ago , got confirmation email reply but no news after that.

They said it may take up to 20 BUSINESS DAYS to get the case completed IF there is no RFE .

We may meet at GZ ??? looks like mine is probably around June sometimes ?

It would be a lot of fun to meet you in Guangzhou should our paperwork allow that.

If you sent in the DS-230 as well as everything else for the IV section of the NVC you should get an e-mail in around 10 days saying the NVC has everything. That was the way it worked for me with my son's case, 1o days after everything sent in then the NVC e-mail telling me they were finished processing his case. The very next day I got an e-mail from GUZ giving me his interview date (3 weeks later).

I got my AOS bill and e-mail from NVC last Tuesday. I worked quickly, got the bill paid, sent in the OPTIN e-mail and each one of those things only took one day to get approved as paid and the GZO number given. Then on Friday I sent in every article of AOS or financial evidence.

THis coming week I hope to get the IV invoice. As soon as I get that I will pay that bill and as soon as they list it as paid and I can get my hands on the IV cover sheet I will send in EVERYTHING that very day.

I am a good two weeks behind you if you already sent in your complete IV evidence two weeks ago. I hope to next week send all that in. You should be getting an e-mail early this week telling you the NVC is finished processing your case.

Good luck on your case, you should have an interview date very quickly now. My guess on your interview date? The week of May 23rd, maybe a few days earlier. That's if they work your case like they did my son's.

I got done in 4 days for my wife's case, what took me 3 weeks with my son's case as the NVC quickly (within 24 hours) approved everything I sent in and didn't make me wait 7-10 days on anything. If I can just get my hands on that IV bill and then the IV cover sheet I will be done in the first week of May, then just wait for the GUZ e-mail with the interview date.

tsap seui

Started packing all the original paperwork that needs to be turned in on that first interview day. As well all the copies I have of ewverything, including the copy of the original application. I am ready and itching to get on a 777 the day after NVC says they have everything and the case is sent to GUZ. Once I get GUZ's e-mail with the interview date, this hillbilly is OUTTA HERE.

Foobaz, you will be fine. When I finished putting together my I-130 package, I felt good about it. I know this process can lead to paranoia, overthinking, and second guessing (trust me, experienced all 3); however, if you trust your own instincts, then you will assemble a package you feel good about. As always, the CFL community will be here to support you and answer your questions. Best wishes to you and your new wife!

Thanks Ryan. I'm going to write myself a checklist, derived from others I've seen here and there, and then try and work off of it. Hope not to miss anything that way. Since it seems, as I always suspected, GUZ will have already made up its mind before the interview my greatest worry is forgetting some detail or other.

Me and mine just got hitched on the 20th. I was supposed to head back last week, but got too sick to fly. A mixed blessing to be sure. More time with the new wife, but almost too sick to enjoy it. Haha.

I'll tell you man, one look at your timeline and I think you are one of the smartest people on Candle. You gave your case T I M E. Time is one of the most over looked, yet important aspect of the process. How could an official look at your timeline and think there is a scam in the process. My hat is off to you for taking time before rushing into engagement or marriage.

I think that aspect alone will give you good luck at the interview. ALl you have to do is highlight that in your application, then just fill in the blanks on the forms.

tsap seui

Thanks tsap.

I worry frequently about our one great red flag, the timing of our relationship vice the on paper process of my divorce. It is something that, under other circumstances, I wouldn't give a second thought to as it ought not be anyone else's business. Yet, in this case I have to worry about whether or not I/we will be judged more for that than anything else.

Sorry to hijack your thread

tsap seui

Thanks tsap.

I worry frequently about our one great red flag, the timing of our relationship vice the on paper process of my divorce. It is something that, under other circumstances, I wouldn't give a second thought to as it ought not be anyone else's business. Yet, in this case I have to worry about whether or not I/we will be judged more for that than anything else.

Sorry to hijack your thread

Not to worry aboyut a thread I start. They are wide open.

As far as GUZ, as you can read in the fellows thread about getting the white slip, THERE IS NO RHYME OR REASON with visas issued by GUZ. Half the people on here have worse red flags than most of the people who got denied, yet they got their visas. It's all about

L U C K. It has nothing to do with how well a person prepares or what possible red flag they have.

You should be just fine. As I said, it is my belief that the most important hting with GUZ (if there is such a thing) is T I M E and your case is perfect in that regards.

After our denial we waited one year to marry and then another year before filing a new application. That is how serious lil'rabbit and I are about time. No hurry here.

tsap seui

Hey there tsap¡­speaking as a new-cummer..(hehehe)¡­ although I don¡¯t¡¯ really know you, I know you well. ..been to places you have been¡­.. done some of the things you have done¡­and waiting the wait you have waited (even if not as long)¡­¡­you helped me when I was down¡­.you helped me feel not alone¡­..for that I am grateful..

A dear friend once said to me, ¡°I hope you have a wonderful day, and I have a better one¡± ¡­.leaving you with that thought, I sincerely wish you and lil¡¯ rabbit the best years of your lives as you venture though the unknown..............together as one.......

If it is in the cards, it would be a pleasure one day to meet you and the lil¡¯ one you speak of so often¡­ it would be an honor to call you a friend.

Wayne, I meant to answer your post a long time ago as it has been one of nicest posts I've ever gotten.

If I helped you in some way I am humbled. CFL does a lot of things, helping each other is the MOST important.

I would be honored to call you a friend also. Thanks for your words buddy. I never missed reading them, I seem to have a delayed reaction when a post touches my heart.

Good luck with your future.

tsap seui

No need to fret¡­. All is fine.. shucks it couldn¡¯t be better¡­.Thanks for your response today¡­ it was very much appreciated.

My wife told me yesterday she got a call from the Consulate. We are hoping she will receive more info about another interview within the next week¡­.. but as you already know¡­ that may or not be¡­¡­..all we can do is hope and keep our altimeter high.

......... the journey never ends... until the end.........and old dogs never die............

No need to fret¡­. All is fine.. shucks it couldn¡¯t be better¡­.Thanks for your response today¡­ it was very much appreciated.

My wife told me yesterday she got a call from the Consulate. We are hoping she will receive more info about another interview within the next week¡­.. but as you already know¡­ that may or not be¡­¡­..all we can do is hope and keep our altimeter high.

......... the journey never ends... until the end.........and old dogs never die............

Glad to see you got my message. Good luck with the upcoming interview.

Wouldn't it be somethin' if we met in the coffee shop in July?

tsap seui

tsap,

Congrat's of the great news!

I know you have been waiting a long time for this day to come, I'm very happy for the all three of you, litlle rabbit and your boy, I sincerely hope that great things come to those who have great patients, if there is anybody that would fit that bill, it's you and your family.

May you and yours have a blessed future with happiness and love.

Chris

tsap,

Congrat's of the great news!

I know you have been waiting a long time for this day to come, I'm very happy for the all three of you, litlle rabbit and your boy, I sincerely hope that great things come to those who have great patients, if there is anybody that would fit that bill, it's you and your family.

May you and yours have a blessed future with happiness and love.

Chris

Thanks much for the blessings and thoughts Chris. I remember you guys success. I've had times where I hurt like hell inside about our failure and never having been given the decency to tell us what was wrong to begin with, nor a chance to prove our innocence but that hurt never dampened my spirit to rejoice when others had their GREAT DAY, I guess all this time I sort of lived a small speck of others successes to keep my sanity.

I hope everyones well wishes work out for my family on this attempt. They are down to earth good people who don't really come from much except a high quality of goodness and fairness of the heart. The whole Chinese family is like that.

May I only be able to bring them to this small peaceful and beautiful place in the mountains I live in, this time. Their interview day in July will be almost 4 years to the very day since we first set foot in the Guangzhou consulate FOUR years ago,where they were treated like rabid animals by an older white American woman from their happy "good morning" greeting to her and on through until the very end of their so called interview. Just a despicable act by an official of America...and to this day we've never known WHY.

Whatever it was that this woman in Guangzhou thought she saw, the USCIS (in three days) reaffirmed our old K-1 application and sent it right back to the consulate. Unfortunately for our K-1, Guangzhou kept the appliation in China for 13 months before sending it back and it took another 3 or 4 months to wind up back in the Vermont USCIS office. The DOS would never tell me where our case was, no matter how hard I tried and what congressional liasion inquired....they never would give us an answer to the simple direct question, "have you sent our case back to America"? So we married and killed the K-1, one year AFTER the denial. Such is life.

Thanks again Chris.

tsap seui