Is it okay to send money to her?

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to ask everyone what would the Immigration people feel if I sent money every month to my fiancee so she can quit work and go to English school full time before the interview and before coming to the US. Do they try to find out if petitioners send money to beneficiaries every month to support them ? Would that be automatic denial or just a red flag? Thanks.

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to ask everyone what would the Immigration people feel if I sent money every month to my fiancee so she can quit work and go to English school full time before the interview and before coming to the US. Do they try to find out if petitioners send money to beneficiaries every month to support them ? Would that be automatic denial or just a red flag? Thanks.

One of the questions the Interviewer asked my wife at the Interview, was how many

times I had sent money. He asked this question twice.

She said "5", which was correct. I had sent 4 Western Union and the

first time at Christmas using a bank wire transfer. I think the Interview did not

see the bank wire transfer copy, and thought my wife did not know the correct amount of

times I sent money. This was a Red Flag for us.

Probably not so important how often or how much, but that the Interviewer and

Beneficary know and understand the information given.

It's not something I would include in my evidence of relationship. All it proves is you sent her money. If she were a scammer it would only show she's good at it and might raise more suspicion than not.

It all depends on situation, if married for some time as in lived together, and are now doing visa, they yes.

If short marriage or fiancee, then it depends how it looks.

I sent 100 - 200 per month to help my wife settle a debt, perhaps $600 total, we did not mention this though.

Hi Everyone,

For spouse petition ( I 130 ) , comingling of finance is one of the evident of bonafide relationship .

For fiancee visa , though, it may sound a bit weird ,,,, but a gift for studying English shouldn't be a problem.

Hi Everyone,

For spouse petition ( I 130 ) , comingling of finance is one of the evident of bonafide relationship .

For fiancee visa , though, it may sound a bit weird ,,,, but a gift for studying English shouldn't be a problem.

Keep in mind the comingling of finances has to do with a long marriage living together overseas or in the states, in short marriage cases or no lived together cases then comingled finances will be strange and can look like a red flag.

marriage is a legal entity . Reg'less . where the spouse is , she/he is has a claim of marital assets. That's why in CR 1, one needs to show as one of possible proofs of bonafide marriage , comingling of financials ,eg. bank acct , joint tax return, property,insurance etc.... Most marriage couples share these . K1 doesn't have to show any of these because fiancee is not a legal entity , there is no fiancee license or certificate issued by the government.

Likewise , CR 1 has more legal backing ( my humble opinion, not an immigration expert) , he/she is your wife ! K1 , what is it ??? It is a crap shoot. In the past, when the difference in time between K vs. CR visas is significant, it made sense to try K1 , but now ??? almost none , why one wants to spend more money and go thru another process ?

Edited by bullmastiff (see edit history)

Keep in mind the comingling of finances has to do with a long marriage living together overseas or in the states, in short marriage cases or no lived together cases then comingled finances will be strange and can look like a red flag.

I do agree with the first half of this comment. We have to remember that the I-130 is used for ALL family immigration situations, and for spouses will include those who have been living together a long time in another country.

For short term marriages like ours, where we typical have NEVER lived together, such ideas as "comingling of financials ,eg. bank acct , joint tax return, property,insurance etc" is not as expected.

Generally you cannot add her to the bank account, insurance, 401K, etc until she is physically in the US with a SSN.

As for the K1: If one looks over the last 5-6 years (at least that is how long I can look), it has not looked necessary good. It was a catch-22 in long time past since they used to specifically write on the P4 letter to bring evidence of any money sent and then could decide how to use that evidence. Now they only occasionally ask.

My opinion is to not explicit point it out, but bring evidence of it if asked.