Was wondering how GUZ looks at ages when considering petitions. Both the actual ages and the relative ages of petitioners. There's a 16 year difference in age between ChunMei and me. Is this going to create problems?

And I'm 63 years old; she's 47. Do they look at us "elderly" people as more or less likely to engage in marital fraud?

Age is something they look at, but I wouldn't worry much about your difference. I would think they would look more at the 20 something age women that are with 40-60 plus year old men.

Correct, 47/63 couple is less of a red-flag than a 50/20 something couple.

Was wondering how GUZ looks at ages when considering petitions. Both the actual ages and the relative ages of petitioners. There's a 16 year difference in age between ChunMei and me. Is this going to create problems?

And I'm 63 years old; she's 47. Do they look at us "elderly" people as more or less likely to engage in marital fraud?

62 and 49 age difference here. At our last Interview, Dec 09, the Interview Officer made negative comments on our photos, in reference that my beard is white, (has been white for many years). My wife looks alot younger than she is, and my white beard makes me look a little older.

62 and 49 age difference here. At our last Interview, Dec 09, the Interview Officer made negative comments on our photos, in reference that my beard is white, (has been white for many years). My wife looks alot younger than she is, and my white beard makes me look a little older.

But.....the VO KNEW how old ya'll were. Just a bad VO imo.

Its not a problem I was 58 and my wife was 28 when she had her interview, but i did bring this up at Ach in guz an the V O told me they look at age but no problem if you prove relationship

Your Visa Officer was a Anna Niccole Smith fan. Many times a visa is denied because of the age difference. You where fortunate.

But.....the VO KNEW how old ya'll were. Just a bad VO imo.

The VO may of knew of our real age difference if he could read or took the time to read..

Edited by dnoblett
Moved quote tag (see edit history)

I've got the same white beard issue you do, but recently shaved it off, per the request of ChunMei. She and her family say it makes me look 20 years younger. soe does my 15 year old daughter.

I've got the same white beard issue you do, but recently shaved it off, per the request of ChunMei. She and her family say it makes me look 20 years younger. soe does my 15 year old daughter.

Be careful with that beard shaving, someone might accuse you of Santa Claus discrimination. Reading that stupid hamster story anything is possible.