Communcation Questions

My wife knwe less than 10 words in English when i met her. We would chat on Yahoo IM she typed so slow i would watch a movie while chatting with her.

She went to Enghish school while in China. She learned enough Enghish to do most of her interview in English. So it does get better.

My wife knwe less than 10 words in English when i met her. We would chat on Yahoo IM she typed so slow i would watch a movie while chatting with her.

She went to Enghish school while in China. She learned enough Enghish to do most of her interview in English. So it does get better.

Hi Smokiessky,

How is your relationship going now? Did you have some of the same concerns as I do early in your relationship and now those concerns are gone? What are the BIG "fight" issues?

Hi Smokiessky,

How is your relationship going now? Did you have some of the same concerns as I do early in your relationship and now those concerns are gone? What are the BIG "fight" issues?

We really do not have any fight issues' The relationship is great. There are many differences the way a home is. I have house shoes something i never had. But i learned to resect the culture differences. One thing i told her the first time i met her. I WILL ALWAYS BE PATIENT WITH YOUR ENGLISH. I can say i lived that statement not easy sometimes. But just have to stop and really listen to her. Many stories that were told in the begining are different now that she knows more English. The Key Is TO BE PATIENT GOOD LUCK going to China to met my soulmate is the best thing i ever did in my life.

When I first meet my wife I would say her English was 3 out of 10 . Our first phone call was pretty much 10 minutes of laughs and giggles with me trying to speak very broken Mandarin and she very broken English. My wife did take a few English classes and I bought a learn Mandarin language software. I could not find any Cantonese learning software but my wife speaks both dialect. Now her English is 7 out of 10 since we chat everyday on MSN chat and Yahoo chat. But my Mandarin is still a 3 but I can at least count to 100. If you can count to 10 in Chinese then counnting to 100 is easy and its the same for up to 1000. This comes in handy when shopping with your wife in China. I know my Mandarin will get better but my wife prefers to speak Canonese,lol.

About 6 years ago, lack of a language was frowned up with requests for submissions of videos showing you communicate. When Randy and I went through it, lack of a common language was not that big an issue at all. IMO, it has rebounded to being an issue. I just wouldn't put so much energy into fixing the language problem when GUZ has issues with it. Why give them any excuse when you can avoid it. If they don't want to issue the visa, how can you truly explain this and what will be the outcome of your relationship? Just have bags packed ready to move to china if she can't get it, yes?