March Interview Group

Guangzhou appointment letter states that my visa appointment is 12:30 on March 10, 2011. After reading some posts above, get a little confused. Correct me if my understanding is wrong.

Documents hand-in is at 12:30pm on March 10 and visa interview is 7:30am March 11, 2011.

Thanks.

Guangzhou appointment letter states that my visa appointment is 12:30 on March 10, 2011. After reading some posts above, get a little confused. Correct me if my understanding is wrong.

Documents hand-in is at 12:30pm on March 10 and visa interview is 7:30am March 11, 2011.

Thanks.

Xiaozhu, did you find your answer? When Jingjing and I went to Guangzhou back in 11/2009, there were no separate appointment times for submitting documents/interviews. From my reading, I believe this may have changed since then. I'll go ahead and bump this thread in hopes that someone can give more insight. What specifically does your appointment letter say?

Thanks.

Yes, the 12:30 document submission is the day before your interview. There will be a line outside the consulate and when you get to the 5th floor you will submit the documents requested in your P4 instructions. You will also submit your medical examination sealed envelope and have your finger prints taken.

FYI, they did not ask for any documents from my wife other than the medical report because we front loaded all the required materials.

Good luck with your interview.

Thanks.

Yes, the 12:30 document submission is the day before your interview. There will be a line outside the consulate and when you get to the 5th floor you will submit the documents requested in your P4 instructions. You will also submit your medical examination sealed envelope and have your finger prints taken.

FYI, they did not ask for any documents from my wife other than the medical report because we front loaded all the required materials.

Good luck with your interview.

Probably did not ask for much because you were CR-1 and this has you send or scan docs to NVC that would be requested at the time of interview. If Scanned docs in electronic process, they may or may-not ask for originals turned in the day before, more than likely in the NVC-E-Process case simply carry originals into interview, and if the officer wants to take a look at the doc to compare with the scanned copy to verify it being original they would ask at the interview.

In K-1 cases all docs requested on the OF-169 probably would be turned in the day before along with medical.

Thanks for all your replies. I was sure about the interview date but after reading some posts, got a little lost. Anyway, it is good to get it confirmed. Thanks.

We are doing IR1 electronic processing. I need to submit all originals in addition.

Less than a week till my wife's interview. She went for her medical exam this morning. I couldn't go with her for it though I miss her already. Since we got married, and even before, we have never spent more than a day apart (like when she needed to see her mother, and I had to work). I'll go with her the morning of the interview (I was lucky to be able to arrange that )

I'm sure all of you who are waiting are just as anxious and nervous as we. I keep thinking about it, and I know we shouldn't be nervous or anxious, but one can't help it - it's a major life thing. Since we got the interview letter, we've felt like a couple of chickens with their heads cut off. Even with all the help from here and Visajourney.com, and the visa agent we asked to help us, we have been obsessive about preparing and wanting to know what to prepare

We're both thinkin' pink! And hope the same for all of you. I'm going to go call my wife... later~~

She passed! YAY!!!

Now comes the trip planning

A little Irish luck today - we received her Visa on St. Patrick's day!!

She passed! YAY!!!

Great! So far a good month.

She passed! YAY!!!

Congratulations to you both. It's a nice feeling to have it behind you. Enjoy the rest of your time in Guangzhou

March is behind us now, so will pull the pin on this thread.

Any last comments for March interviews?