Biometrics scheduling

So we did the Infopass to question why no biometrics scheduled yet... 3 months after getting receipt letter for removal of conditions. We know that other folks in our area have mostly been scheduled for biometrics within a month.

Well, they don't accept that 3 months seems long... checked their records and just said simply "you're not scheduled yet, and you have to wait until you're scheduled". They would not consider getting them done on-site today.

They did offer to stamp her passport with the I-551, so I consider the trip a success.

• 2 weeks later...

So we got back a rescheduled date pretty quickly and they did give the next reasonable available date I provided to them. I would recommend going through the process to request a more convenient date rather than walk-in just to be safe. The office is about 45 mins from us.

Hey, Lee! How long did it take you to get your letter for the first biometric appointment after you sent in your AOS package and after you received your I-797 from USCIS? I am asking because you and I seem to be approximately on the same time line. I've been waiting for over a month and was just wondering what the current wait time might be. My wife keeps asking and I do not have an answer for her.

Hey, Lee! How long did it take you to get your letter for the first biometric appointment after you sent in your AOS package and after you received your I-797 from USCIS? I am asking because you and I seem to be approximately on the same time line. I've been waiting for over a month and was just wondering what the current wait time might be. My wife keeps asking and I do not have an answer for her.

The VJ/CFL timeline has fair data for this.

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/aoslist.php?cfl=1&op1=5&op2=d&op4=1&op5=&op8=All&xfr=&vtype= (Varies by CIS office, you can filter for your particular office)

Thanks, Dan! I checked the time line that you suggested and there was nothing more recent then December 15th for my office (St. Albans, VT). That showed 3 weeks time from NOA to biometrics appointment. It has been almost that for me. I guess I will give it a bit more time before getting overly anxious.

Edited by screamneagle (see edit history)

It was amazingly fast. I travel, so only get my mail every 2 weeks and I think I got it within 2 weeks of my receipt! When I sent back a request for a new appt, by the time I got home again 2 weeks later I had a new date. So far I have heard good things about the Seattle office on here.

Her biometrics appointment is on the 18th.

I think the SEA office is good... but it takes the CA office to get it moving for the initial BIO appointment, even if the appointment is in SEA. In our case it took almost 4 months from receipt to get our first BIO appointment. We just received appointment this week. And then, only after calling the national 800 number. We had previously gone to SEA for Infopass, which did no good because they said file was still in CA and nothing they could do until CA sent them request for BIO.

It was kind of odd when I called the national service number, because they obviously thought something was wrong... in that it should take no where near 4 months. They promised to open a "service request" to the CA office and noted that we'd hear within 2 weeks. Sure enough, a week later we received the BIO appointment notice with a cover letter that it was being provided in response to our "service request".

I'm actually quite surprised that calling had such an effect... but still kind'a frustrated that CA was just sitting on it. We had China travel plans later this month that we've altered because we don't want to travel without GC.

Had the biometrics done today in Seattle. It was about an hour wait before it was done! Ugh... Some tips:

- Don't try and walk-in. There is a sign on the clerk window saying that if your appointment is not that day or that office, follow the instructions on the form to reschedule. They were way too busy for walk-ins.

- You go to the window and they give you a stupid form to fill out all with bio questions they already have. Then you have to go in line again. Go back in line as soon as you have the form and fill it out while in line.

- $7 parking fee.. blech

However she said the people were very nice doing the biometrics which was just photo (why did we send in photos?) and fingerprints.

Lee

Had the biometrics done today in Seattle. It was about an hour wait before it was done! Ugh... Some tips:

- Don't try and walk-in. There is a sign on the clerk window saying that if your appointment is not that day or that office, follow the instructions on the form to reschedule. They were way too busy for walk-ins.

- You go to the window and they give you a stupid form to fill out all with bio questions they already have. Then you have to go in line again. Go back in line as soon as you have the form and fill it out while in line.

- $7 parking fee.. blech

However she said the people were very nice doing the biometrics which was just photo (why did we send in photos?) and fingerprints.

Lee

Some of the ASC's DO accept walk-ins - provided you go at a time when they are not busy. Use discretion. This didn't help us, since the non-busy times were inconvenient for us.