In regards to providing evidence for a Bona Fide Relationhip prior to going to the Interview, I was

wondering what others have done in the number of visits, and how frequent others have visited their

loved one prior to the Interview. The government guidelines state, "must have met in person", but

I was wondering what are the real requirements lately.

Many on the board with successful interviews feel that at least one visit while petition is in process, and another to be there for the interview, works well. Others feel two or more trips prior to interview including ones prior to filing petition is even better.

In my case I had visited China on a tour prior to meeting my wife, then again to meet my wife after about a year of on line relationship, and then a third time to be there for her visa interview.

On our original K1 which was denied for "non-bonafide", had 2 trips prior to petition, one during petition and 1 for interview.

Now with CR1 in process, 4 trips prior to marriage, 4 trips during processing after marriage, and I will go for interview in March.

I really don't think number of trips matters unless there is another red flag on case that would make them dig into this more to support or refute their assumptions.

In regards to providing evidence for a Bona Fide Relationhip prior to going to the Interview, I was

wondering what others have done in the number of visits, and how frequent others have visited their

loved one prior to the Interview. The government guidelines state, "must have met in person", but

I was wondering what are the real requirements lately.

Well sir, I went to visit lil' rabbit 4 times in the 10 months it took to get to her K-1 interview...it didn't mean squat to the VO's.

Then you read of guys going one time, getting married on that trip, and no more trips, and, their woman gets an easy visa.

Bona fide relationship is a mere figment of some VO's imagination, nothing to do with reality mind you, other than the fact it is used as a wet blanket to cover many innocent folks.

Good luck buddy, she'll get the visa.

tsap seui

• 4 weeks later...

Depends on which way the winds of GUZ are blowing. It can be unpredictable as some have shared. I will say that I tend to favor the idea that number of trips generally has some significance in meaning since it defines a general timeline of time spent together (or not); how quickly you may of meet and filed (I think this tends to have more significance depending on the winds). Usually when a person asks about it, it's already too late to do much about it other than try to get another trip in. I would not sweat it since you cannot change anything. Your third trip for the interview is as good as you can do. Good luck.

My trips to China depend mostly on temperature and pollution. I could not survice the extreme hot temperature there in summer. With all the snow storms that keep hitting the US, it is not a good idea to travel in winter. 3 March 2010, I flew out of Atlanta just a few hours before a snow storm hit, and closed the airport. Chongqing has some terrible pollution. I barely survive 3 weeks there each visit. So my next visit, maybe March/April 3 weeks, with plenty of masks, cough drops, etc.

My trips to China depend mostly on temperature and pollution. I could not survice the extreme hot temperature there in summer. With all the snow storms that keep hitting the US, it is not a good idea to travel in winter. 3 March 2010, I flew out of Atlanta just a few hours before a snow storm hit, and closed the airport. Chongqing has some terrible pollution. I barely survive 3 weeks there each visit. So my next visit, maybe March/April 3 weeks, with plenty of masks, cough drops, etc.

You should be okay with your trips. I had been hoping for a March or April interview back when I sent in our CR-1 app last June, but it's looking like a later time as we can't seem to get a P-2 out of USCIS. Maybe we'll meet up in Guangzhou and tawk hillbilly tawk while the ladies get their visas.

David, I'm not gonna be in Fushun in March, but once my case clears NVC I'll be over on the next plane outta Dulles. I still hope to see you over yonder.

tsap seui

You should be okay with your trips. I had been hoping for a March or April interview back when I sent in our CR-1 app last June, but it's looking like a later time as we can't seem to get a P-2 out of USCIS. Maybe we'll meet up in Guangzhou and tawk hillbilly tawk while the ladies get their visas.

It would be great to meet up in Guz. As back logged as Guz has become it will probably be months before my wife gets her Interview. I will have to just keep frying taters myself.

tsap seui

David, I'm not gonna be in Fushun in March, but once my case clears NVC I'll be over on the next plane outta Dulles. I still hope to see you over yonder.

Me neither ! I'm shooting for late June for a next trip. But I'll let out a little secret. I'm just back from a month there without writing a word here B)

I was wondering where you have been.

Me neither ! I'm shooting for late June for a next trip. But I'll let out a little secret. I'm just back from a month there without writing a word here B)

Ah so, as David Bowie put it, David has been "Under cover" so to speak, or was that under the covers?

At the rate things are moving at the USCIS, it may be late June before I go back to await the damn interview.

tsap Wait seui

This is my first post here. I've been working on a K-1 since last June, and ChunMei finally got the packet from the consulate last week. Of course it's New Year, and nothing happens during New Year. So I don't know when we'll get the interview scheduled.

I've only made 2 trips in the past 18 months, and have used all of my vacation time from work for them. Now I have 3 weeks of vacation coming this year, and I want to make another visit. Problem is, if I go now and they approve her visa I won't have any vacation time left to go to Nanning to bring her home. Any thoughts.

This is my first post here. I've been working on a K-1 since last June, and ChunMei finally got the packet from the consulate last week. Of course it's New Year, and nothing happens during New Year. So I don't know when we'll get the interview scheduled.

I've only made 2 trips in the past 18 months, and have used all of my vacation time from work for them. Now I have 3 weeks of vacation coming this year, and I want to make another visit. Problem is, if I go now and they approve her visa I won't have any vacation time left to go to Nanning to bring her home. Any thoughts.

Once she gets her Visa, it is good for 6 months, I believe. It is difficult to plan a trip with only a short notice of when the Interview will be.