Bringing son to the US

The daughter won't need permission from the father once she turns eighteen - if you need to hold out that long. Jim Julian did this with his daughter in-law, even getting the consulate to give her a blue slip just for the purpose of delaying the visa until she was of age (rather than pay a large bribe to the birth father).

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The daughter won't need permission from the father once she turns eighteen - if you need to hold out that long. Jim Julian did this with his daughter in-law, even getting the consulate to give her a blue slip just for the purpose of delaying the visa until she was of age (rather than pay a large bribe to the birth father).

Randy,

I hear you, but we want his consent and to treat him equally in this matter, from my understanding and I haven't met him personally, he's a good guy but did something stupid, so I don't want to have fight between us, she will be able to return back to China to visit him when she wants to see him, I won't stop this interaction. I will keep this shared info in the back of my mind, just in case he tries to pull something (bribe), as were aware that we can wait until she's 18.

Chris

• 4 weeks later...

Randy,

I hear you, but we want his consent and to treat him equally in this matter, from my understanding and I haven't met him personally, he's a good guy but did something stupid, so I don't want to have fight between us, she will be able to return back to China to visit him when she wants to see him, I won't stop this interaction. I will keep this shared info in the back of my mind, just in case he tries to pull something (bribe), as were aware that we can wait until she's 18.

Chris

We got the paperwork packet last week, with her father's notorized consent, in the process of scanning the documents for e-filing. Wife wants to bring her here after CNY next year, I have seen the current processing times, 5 momth for the CSC to complete, time-wise this should fit the plan.

Edited by Chris&lijun (see edit history)

Randy,

Chris

We got the paperwork packet last week, with her father's notorized consent, in the process of scanning the documents for e-filing. Wife wants to bring her here after CNY next year, I have seen the current processing times, 5 momth for the CSC to complete, time-wise this should fit the plan.

If you don't mind me asking, what paperwork packet did you get and what are you e-filing for?

Her daughter's BC, G0325A Bio information, Father's Consent, copy of the daughters passport, sent from China to start the process.IR2

Good deal on the consent. You won't need the G325A or a copy of her passport.

Glad to have all the information!

Sent out the I-130 packet yesterday:

Contents include:

- Payment in the amount of $ 420.00.

-Form G-1145 E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance

- I-130

- G-325A and passport style photo (Beneficiary)

- Copy of (Beneficiary) passport

- Birth certificate (Beneficiary)

- Notorized Legal Consent from Father to allow (Beneficiary) immigrate to the USA

- Copy of US Citizen Birth Certificate

- Copy of CLPR Spouse's Form I-551, copy if I-797C NOA CLPR Extension, copy of

CLPR Passport and K-1 Entry Visa

- Copy of Marriage Certificate

- Copy of Divorce (Petitioner)

- Copy of Divorce (petitioner's CLPR Spouse)

- Form I-864 Affidavit of Support with Tax Returns from 2008, 2009, and 2010.

Contents include:

- I-130

- Notorized Legal Consent from Father to allow (Beneficiary) immigrate to the USA

All looks OK, however, USCIS does not need the I-864, it WILL be requested by NVC when the petition gets to them.

Contents include:

- I-130

Now that's what I call the kitchen sink!!

Good luck and let us know when you get the NOA1.

Contents include:

- I-130

Just received the NOA1 (May 18. 2011), receipt dated May 12, 2011.

Chris

Contents include:

- I-130

Just received the NOA1 (May 18. 2011), receipt dated May 12, 2011.

Chris

7 days Chris. Not bad. Now the 5 month wait is on. Keep me up on things and I will do the same buddy.

Thanks chilton,

The plan is to let it go through normal channels, as the wife wants return China probably in late Nov or Dec of this year, and then I'll follow sometime in Jan 2012, for CNY, and then bring the daughter back. If need be I'll contact GUZ if we need to delay the the Visa interview, I hope this won't be necessary as I think the lead time and timing of the submission is good.

Chris

• 1 month later...

Just checking the USCIS case status, I see the I-130 was approved yesterday. 3 days shy of 3 months.

Nuthin' like a quick trip USCIS, you and David mus be blessed.