Bringing son to the US

Ok, my step-son has the notarial birth certificate in hand and in form of the white book. My wife says he can email me a copy since the instructions say this:

Step-parent (step-mother or step-father)

* A copy of your step-child¡¯s birth certificate issued by civil authorities

* A copy of your civil marriage certificate to your step-child¡¯s biological parent

* Proof of the legal termination of all previous marriages for you and/or the biological parent (divorce decree, death certificate, annulment decree)

I prefer for him to mail the white book to me but his mother (who is always the boss ) says an email copy will be fine.

What say you?

. . . and the boss is always RIGHT! (at least in this case). Copies will do just fine, but he needs to have the originals with him for the interview

Thanks Randy!!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Per I-130 instructions:

http://i949.photobucket.com/albums/ad334/dnoblett/Immigration%20Stuff/I-130GeneralInst1.jpg

http://i949.photobucket.com/albums/ad334/dnoblett/Immigration%20Stuff/I-130GeneralInst2.jpg

Also:

USCIS no longer routinely requires submission of original documents or "certified copies." Instead, ordinary legible photocopies of such documents (including naturalization certificates and alien registration cards) will be acceptable for initial filing and approval of petitions and applications.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=ff053d146a7ee010VgnVCM1000000ecd190aRCRD&vgnextchannel=fe529c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

At the NVC stage, if doing electronic processing, again you will be emailing them copies, and at the interview provide the originals for inspection. If you choose not to do electronic processing at NVC, you will mail the originals to NVC, and get them returned at the interview.

Don't forget English translations, they are required by USCIS.

But under the Child Status Protection Act, his status as an under 21 child (for immigration purposes) of an American citizen is frozen as of the date the I-130 is filed

Just to make sure, is the date of filing is when the USCIS receives the petition or when I have it postmarked?

Also, after the NOA2, is the only document needed by my son the police report?

But under the Child Status Protection Act, his status as an under 21 child (for immigration purposes) of an American citizen is frozen as of the date the I-130 is filed

Just to make sure, is the date of filing is when the USCIS receives the petition or when I have it postmarked?

This would be the date that THEY put on your NOA1.

This would be the date that THEY put on your NOA1.

The I-130 is going out the first of next week via next day express mail and will be certified. Hopefully they won't drag their feet with the NOA1.

Now you got some thing to do other than cut wood.

Sorry if you already read this before cuzzin, but make sure to have some photos of your wife and son together at an early age. This really helped us at our interview and we did not need a DNA test.

Cuttin wood is easier. I will ask to see if she has the pics. The Chinese gvt made sure she could not see her kid for 10 years. Good thought though and thanks!!