Bringing son to the US

The I-130 is going out the first of next week via next day express mail and will be certified. Hopefully they won't drag their feet with the NOA1.

Go gettum cowboy. Bring the boy home to the range.

Good luck, may his P-2 take less time than his mom's did.

tsap seui

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would it be a good idea to provide my wife's A# in the cover letter?

You could, but not a requirement or it would have been requested in the lower section (Part C) listing family relationships.

Who is filing the petition? Was step-son younger than age 18 at time of marriage? If younger than 18, then you, the step parent should be filing the petition for step son, if 18+ at time of marriage, then your wife would be filing the petition and her A# would be listed on the petition.

Would it be a good idea to provide my wife's A# in the cover letter?

You could, but not a requirement or it would have been requested in the lower section (Part C) listing family relationships.

Who is filing the petition? Was step-son younger than age 18 at time of marriage? If younger than 18, then you, the step parent should be filing the petition for step son, if 18+ at time of marriage, then your wife would be filing the petition and her A# would be listed on the petition.

I saw that on Part C which is what made me think of it. I guess it is possible to immigrate a step-son with the mother still living in China. I will leave it out.

The DHS cashed the check. Is there a number on the back of the check that I can use to track the NOA1?

Sometimes the number on check works, most times no.

Will start with WAC or EAC

Can enter the number on USCIS.GOV

The DHS cashed the check. Is there a number on the back of the check that I can use to track the NOA1?

Sometimes the number on check works, most times no.

Will start with WAC or EAC

Can enter the number on USCIS.GOV

I didn't see any of the numbers with the prefixes in the front.

It begins with three letters such as (EAC, WAC, LIN, or SRC).

Guess I will have to wait for the NOA1.

I didn't see any of the numbers with the prefixes in the front.

It begins with three letters such as (EAC, WAC, LIN, or SRC).

Guess I will have to wait for the NOA1.

Yes, newguy, you will have to wait!!!

This ain't like buyin' a new pair of underwear at the hardware store where you hand them money, they hand you a new pair of drawers...you are dealin' with yore uncle scam now.

Tsap seui

One day I will be able to pass on this championsip wait belt I inherited from you....don't make me have to give it back to you. At least you've got someone home to yell at you now and the wait won't be all by yoreself.

This ain't like buyin' a new pair of underwear at the hardware store where you hand them money, they hand you a new pair of drawers...you are dealin' with yore uncle scam now.

Tsap seui

One day I will be able to pass on this championsip wait belt I inherited from you....don't make me have to give it back to you. At least you've got someone home to yell at you now and the wait won't be all by yoreself.

You got me on that one cuzin Tsappy Bawbby!!! Yassir Iz shore gots the lil womin ta yellin at me ta keeps me compney. But when that young man gits here then heal hafta share that yellin wiff me, know whadda mean?

Tsap seui

You got me on that one cuzin Tsappy Bawbby!!! Yassir Iz shore gots the lil womin ta yellin at me ta keeps me compney. But when that young man gits here then heal hafta share that yellin wiff me, know whadda mean?

Yep, you and One Hunglow will become good buddies in a hurry I sus-pect.

Good luck with this wait.

tsap seui

I mailed the application on March 21. They received it March 22, made March 22 the priority date and gave me a WAC receipt number. In other words I got the P1 in the mail today. Damn...ain't never known them to be THAT fast. Per Carl's suggesstion, I did write "please expedite....potential age-out" so maybe they did. Preference classification is 201 B INA minor child of USC so I guess we beat the age out and are protected by the CSPA.

Looking for approx 5 months for the P2.

• 2 weeks later...

Getting ready to being LaoPo's daughter here, but what is also needed is the consent from the father to allow her to Immigrate, legal custody correct?

Daughter is currently 16 years old, she was 13 when we married in 2008.

Is there any additional documents to support the petition i.e. copy of the approval I-129f listing her on the approved petition, even though she didn't follow to join as a K-2?

Edited by Chris&lijun (see edit history)

Getting ready to being LaoPo's daughter here, but what is also needed is the consent from the father to allow her to Immigrate, legal custody correct?

Is there any additional documents to support the petition i.e. copy of the approval I-129f listing her on the approved petition, even though she didn't follow to join as a K-2?

I have heard a couple of different stories about the father having to consent even if the mother has custody so I am not sure on that one.

With the I-130 what is needed is the child's birth certificate, your wife's and your's marriage certificate, and copies of all previous divorces for you and your wife. That is it.

I have heard a couple of different stories about the father having to consent even if the mother has custody so I am not sure on that one.

With the I-130 what is needed is the child's birth certificate, your wife's and your's marriage certificate, and copies of all previous divorces for you and your wife. That is it.

The father has Legal Custody at the moment which is the main problem at this time, we are getting assistance from the person who helped LaoPo perpare for the K-1 Visa Interview, and she aware of the issues and documents. LaoPo has had conversations with both the father and daughter, as far as I know the fathr is a CCP member, I don't know if the daughter is a CCP member?

LapPo has been married twice, a son from the 1st marriage and the daughter from the 2nd marriage. LaoPo has legal custody over the son from the 1st marriage.