Bringing son to the US

Just checking the USCIS case status, I see the I-130 was approved yesterday. 3 days shy of 3 months.

Nuthin' like a quick trip USCIS, you and David mus be blessed.

After 2 USCIS waits at 8 months apiece, I wuud say that I'm due fer a short un. But as I learned, the long waits were not all that bad after all.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just checking the USCIS case status, I see the I-130 was approved yesterday. 3 days shy of 3 months.

Nuthin' like a quick trip USCIS, you and David mus be blessed.

After 2 USCIS waits at 8 months apiece, I wuud say that I'm due fer a short un. But as I learned, the long waits were not all that bad after all.

Yassuh, what the hell is a lil' ol' 8 month wait, shucks, it ain't nuthin' but a walk in the park. We had our own 8 month USCIS wait...Golly Bawb Howdy, if'n they had given us an I-797 in only 3 1/2 months I may have had to send it back to them and ask for them to keep it a few more months.

tsap seui

• 2 weeks later...

Chilton,

Where was the approval notice from CSC?

Lopao has been asking almost weekly what the status of the daughters petition (normal processing time is 5 months), it's only been 60 days since the NOA1 was received.

She's also worried about the I-751 lifting of condition for her GC and when she'll receive it, CSC has a 6 month processing timeline, on July 22, it will be 6 months.

If she doesn't have it be then, I'll make an InfoPass appointment and get her passort stamped with the I-551, we have the 1 year extension letter for her current CGC. I'm not worried about it, but every week the question, honey can you check on my GC gets old,LOL.

Edited by Chris&lijun (see edit history)

Chilton,

Where was the approval notice from CSC?

Lopao has been asking almost weekly what the status of the daughters petition (normal processing time is 5 months), it's only been 60 days since the NOA1 was received.

She's also worried about the I-751 lifting of condition for her GC and when she'll receive it, CSC has a 6 month processing timeline, on July 22, it will be 6 months.

If she doesn't have it be then, I'll make an InfoPass appointment and get her passort stamped with the I-551, we have the 1 year extension letter for her current CGC. I'm not worried about it, but every week the question, honey can you check on my GC gets old,LOL.

Yes it was from the CSC. If that's all that is getting old then you are doin real guud!!

Thanks for the info, just gives me a possible timeline/target date to look it, so I'll keep a watch to see what happens in the next 30 days.

Yes, we have had our ups and downs and sometimes it's tiring to hear the old saying "other person say", some of her friends filed around the same and already have their GC, it makes life sometimes hard, she's adjusting ok, but being over-ruled by someone else does get under my skin sometimes.

• 1 month later...

I-130 Approval Notice received Via Email from USCIS for the daughter, (90 days)

Cool deal Chris.

Right on target with the timing.

Re-read the I751 Welcome letter, states the GC should following in about 3 weeks, that was in Apil 2011, well that's 4 months ago, so the IfoPass appointment is warranted.

Yes USCIS tends to process all I-130 cases quickly, however depending on case if it is one where there is a limited number of visa numbers avaliable per year as in Son/Daughter of LPR, then it will sit at NVC until a number can be assigned to the case, which for China is measured in years.

Re-read the I751 Welcome letter, states the GC should following in about 3 weeks, that was in Apil 2011, well that's 4 months ago, so the IfoPass appointment is warranted.

As for the I-751 removal of conditions, you should have received a card by now, info pass may do, I would have an I-90 prepared to order a replacement for a lost card, due to USCIS fault, stick to your guns, if they trace it and see that it was lost either by them or the postal service, then you don have to pay for the I-90 filing.

Yes USCIS tends to process all I-130 cases quickly, however depending on case if it is one where there is a limited number of visa numbers avaliable per year as in Son/Daughter of LPR, then it will sit at NVC until a number can be assigned to the case, which for China is measured in years.

As for the I-751 removal of conditions, you should have received a card by now, info pass may do, I would have an I-90 prepared to order a replacement for a lost card, due to USCIS fault, stick to your guns, if they trace it and see that it was lost either by them or the postal service, then you don have to pay for the I-90 filing.

I (USC)filed the I-130 for the daughter, marriage ouccred before she was 18. Her father is making an issue about it now, even after giving his notarized consent, that the daughter should be rsied by her mother.

As for the GC, the funny part of this, is on the USCIS website, it's says pending a decision, this is contary to what the letter states, w haven't received the GC, there is no issue with our address.

The daughter won't need permission from the father once she turns eighteen - if you need to hold out that long. Jim Julian did this with his daughter in-law, even getting the consulate to give her a blue slip just for the purpose of delaying the visa until she was of age (rather than pay a large bribe to the birth father).

Randy and Chilton, see my latest post.

The signed consent is all I need, I'm glad we got it from her father.

Edited by Chris&lijun (see edit history)

The daughter won't need permission from the father once she turns eighteen - if you need to hold out that long. Jim Julian did this with his daughter in-law, even getting the consulate to give her a blue slip just for the purpose of delaying the visa until she was of age (rather than pay a large bribe to the birth father).

That's certainly a good thing Chris. Only thing is....he COULD cause trouble with the Consulate if he wanted to. Just something to be aware of.

That's certainly a good thing Chris. Only thing is....he COULD cause trouble with the Consulate if he wanted to. Just something to be aware of.

I agree he could be a pain, but we do have an Ace in Hole, one the wife's younger sister, her husband is a lawyer.

• 1 month later...