The cheapest airfare

Well, if you happen to be in HK, see if you can find a cheap trebuchet operator to fling you over the border. That counts as travel by air, no?

I pick the times nobody else wants to travel.

i.e. UA Rochester, NY -> Shanghai Depart 11/24, return 12/3

Price $838 + taxes

Of course, if you live in San Francisco, you get screwed for an extra $300 or so.

General tips are to plan for at least a 6 day stay, try to travel on Mon-Thur.

And of course, Xmas season will be sky high, but sometimes you can find cheap fares towards last minute, especially if you are travelling on 12/25.

Good luck

Right now, Air Canada, Toronto to Beijing, $299 CDN each way. Purchase tickets by Nov. 23. I suspect I'm one of a very few Canadians on this board, and I realize this info doesn't help most of you. On the other hand, if you live in Buffalo or Rochester, maybe a Toronto departure is not unreasonable.

Right now, Air Canada, Toronto to Beijing, $299 CDN each way. Purchase tickets by Nov. 23. I suspect I'm one of a very few Canadians on this board, and I realize this info doesn't help most of you. On the other hand, if you live in Buffalo or Rochester, maybe a Toronto departure is not unreasonable.

Hey that is a good deal, Toronto is only three hours drive for us.

Well, if you happen to be in HK, see if you can find a cheap trebuchet operator to fling you over the border. That counts as travel by air, no?

I pick the times nobody else wants to travel.

i.e. UA Rochester, NY -> Shanghai Depart 11/24, return 12/3

Price $838 + taxes

Of course, if you live in San Francisco, you get screwed for an extra $300 or so.

General tips are to plan for at least a 6 day stay, try to travel on Mon-Thur.

And of course, Xmas season will be sky high, but sometimes you can find cheap fares towards last minute, especially if you are travelling on 12/25.

Good luck

Another good one, I have flew that one twice, it connects in Chicago and uses a 777 from Chicago to Shanghai.

Convenient since we live in Rochester.

Used Orbitz last time my wife went home. I was able to book a good deal on a code sharing partner of United which added miles to my account.

Has anyone used, "Cheapeasyflights.com" to purchase flights? They post very low rates, but seem too low to be real I think.

I have used "FlyChina.com" and "Delta" to book my last 2 trips, no problem.

I checked cheap o air and found a round trip ticket from Charlotte to Gulin China for 701.00 dollars, The only problem is I have to change AIRPORTS in new york, Has anyone dealt with cheap o air before? any problems?