We are considering marriage in china

Hey guys it is me again, Have another question, I have filed my fiances I-129F petition, But I am going to visit her again in Liuzhou in mid January, Now this is my question: Should we register our marriage in China when I return there? Will this in any way slow down her visa process? Will I have to re-file using the 130? Or would this be something I could use to smack the interviewer in Guangzhou in the mouth with, LOL ?If we marry and register, Do I need to even inform the U.S. goverment of our descision to marry and register our marriage?

A little back ground info. We have had a relationship since 2008, I travled to China in July 2010 for 5 weeks, We decided we were correct for each other and decided to pursue a visa for her.

Our case really seems pretty simple, LOL we both were married 1 time before, Both divorced in 2006 she has no children I have 2 , both are in college and above 18, I earn well above 125% of poverty level, Give me soome feed back please.

Thanks Brian

If you marry while over there then you will not longer be fiancees, The pending I-129F is for a fiancee visa, NOT a spouse visa, it will be considered to be a dead petition and null and void.

You would be starting over with filing an I-130 for a CR-1 spouse visa.

If you do marry, yes you need contact USCIS, or DOS and inform them of the status change and get the K-1 petition canceled.

If you marry while over there then you will not longer be fiancees, The pending I-129F is for a fiancee visa, NOT a spouse visa, it will be considered to be a dead petition and null and void.

You would be starting over with filing an I-130 for a CR-1 spouse visa.

If you do marry, yes you need contact USCIS, or DOS and inform them of the status change and get the K-1 petition canceled.

WOW that kind of sucks

As Dan alluded to, by starting over with an I-130 for a CR-1 visa, you go back to the start; the time that you have been waiting on your current I-129F will have been for naught.

;) Ryan should know, check his signature! " September 1, 2010: Changed course from K1 to CR-1 "

As Dan alluded to, by starting over with an I-130 for a CR-1 visa, you go back to the start; the time that you have been waiting on your current I-129F will have been for naught.

;) Ryan should know, check his signature! " September 1, 2010: Changed course from K1 to CR-1 "

Hey guys I came looking for honest and helpful information, And that is what I got, Thanks, I guess for now we will just stay the course with the I-129F, Although it is a bit disappointing, It seems to be best.

What a lot of people do is have a wedding ceremony in China without actually getting legally married. It seems to go a long way toward making the family happy while at the same time not delaying the visa by starting over.

What a lot of people do is have a wedding ceremony in China without actually getting legally married. It seems to go a long way toward making the family happy while at the same time not delaying the visa by starting over.

Exactly! We had an "Engagement" party with a full reception, no legal marriage until we were in the states.

Hey guys that is a wonderful suggestion, Because my finance and her family is very old fashioned or traditional, It allmost seems to be a black eye for me to visit and stay with her when we are not married, I think a formal announcement and some type of ceremony is in order, We will do everything except register it with local officials, Thanks

Hey guys that is a wonderful suggestion, Because my finance and her family is very old fashioned or traditional, It allmost seems to be a black eye for me to visit and stay with her when we are not married, I think a formal announcement and some type of ceremony is in order, We will do everything except register it with local officials, Thanks

That is what we done, also