Jia was selected to be on a national dating TV show.

I dont know if this is the right forum? Without permission Jia's friend signed her up to be on a dating show. She would rather Jia not be with me because she doesnt want her to move away. But thats another story. Anyway, Jia actually got selected. She said she refuses to go on but I think it would be funny and she could get 15 minutes of fame. :lol: What do you guys think?

IMO it's inappropriate. A betrothed woman should not be dating other men in any, way, shape or form. It's also not fair to the man she might go out with. He thinks he's getting an available woman for a date and he isn't.

A friend who meddles in her relationship isn't much of a friend if you ask me.

IMO, she should not go on. You never know if consular staff could be watching programs like that and use it against them later on. Just my 2 cents.

Had similar thought.

I don't see how she could have been chosen to be a contestant without having been interviewed by the TV station. They want the best looking girls that they can find. I would think that a written letter and a photo would be the first event then followed up by an interview to see if she is who she says she is in the letter and photos as well as what her personality is.

As you can tell my vote is against.

Larry

IMO it's inappropriate. A betrothed woman should not be dating other men in any, way, shape or form. It's also not fair to the man she might go out with. He thinks he's getting an available woman for a date and he isn't.

A friend who meddles in her relationship isn't much of a friend if you ask me.

Throwing my second in with this comment; not appropriate for her, not fair for him; this friend is trouble.

Do you know the name of the dating show? My wife regularly watches a national dating show from china where there are 25 women on stage asking questions one man at a time. The women walks on stage at the beginning of the show with Avril lavigne's Girlfriend playing.

I don't see how she could have been chosen to be a contestant without having been interviewed by the TV station. They want the best looking girls that they can find. I would think that a written letter and a photo would be the first event then followed up by an interview to see if she is who she says she is in the letter and photos as well as what her personality is.

Larry

Gotta agree with this. Most of these setups have several elimination steps and often have a round that is personal such as a video, interview, etc.

Maybe she is hedging her bet a bit in light of the prenupt? :ph34r:

Larry

Gotta agree with this. Most of these setups have several elimination steps and often have a round that is personal such as a video, interview, etc.

Maybe she is hedging her bet a bit in light of the prenupt? :ph34r:

BCCO, you horrible man, you. :lol: You made me think, if the beautiful gal does go on TV and interview men, I'll bet I know exactly what her very first question will be. What do you think it will be? :P

Turbo, I'm gonna go against the grain and say, what the heck, let her go for it, man. We only live once, and you trust her enough to do the right thing. Just because she was on TV and went through the steps and what not, doesn't mean she actually has to go out on the date, nyuk, nyuk, nyuk....she can always say she has a headache on day of the big date.

I know my wife would be givin' those poor guys pure hell on TV if she was in that posistion; she would be like a stand up comedian with the pointed questions she would be asking 'em. :lol:

tsap seui

I dont know if this is the right forum? Without permission Jia's friend signed her up to be on a dating show. She would rather Jia not be with me because she doesnt want her to move away. But thats another story. Anyway, Jia actually got selected. She said she refuses to go on but I think it would be funny and she could get 15 minutes of fame. :lol: What do you guys think?

Why don't you reverse the situation a bit

Let her know your friends here want to sponsor you and ask her what would her reaction be if you were selected to go on a nationwide dating show here in America? Be sure to tell her there will be lots of hot Japanese, Korean, Thai and Vietnamese girls looking for American husbands will be on the show. Then duck! (sometimes the 6000 mile distance comes in handy)

TB

Why don't you reverse the situation a bit

Let her know your friends here want to sponsor you and ask her what would her reaction be if you were selected to go on a nationwide dating show here in America? Be sure to tell her there will be lots of hot Japanese, Korean, Thai and Vietnamese girls looking for American husbands will be on the show. Then duck! (sometimes the 6000 mile distance comes in handy)

TB

Do you have the sign-up phone number? :huh:

I mean.. not for me :rolleyes:

yea.. yea.. my friend... that's the ticket.... B)