Took 2 Weeks but Finallly......PINK!!!!!!!

My wife's second interview was on the 30th. The interview went well they asked her one question in english and conducted the rest of the interview in Chinese. She passed the interview but they decided that they needed an updated I-864 from me. She had 3 years of tax documents and a copy of the I-864 they already had on file. So they gave her a call back letter and I typed up a new form and reprinted my most recent tax form. Unfortunitly since it was a holiday we had to wait until Wednesday the 6th to go back and turn it in. When she got there she discovered that only general staff was working that day and they couldn't offically approve her. So they gave her an appointment slip to return on Friday. So we went back on Friday. She was in for about 15 minutes and got the Pink. But since it was a holiday she has to wait until Thursday to be able to pick up the visa. I had to come back to the US on Saturday so she will have to pick it up without me. I am just glad it is finally over. :D

JBHypno

Edited by JBHypno (see edit history)

why did she need an updated I-864? Was that your oversight or GUZ is wanting more recent financials than we previously have seen?

Yes, and why did they ask one question in English and do the rest in Chinese? Do you communicate with her in English? Was that an issue?

Inquiring minds want to know (MORE!) :lol:

GUZ had an I-864 on file that I submitted in 2008 but they wanted one specific for the current year. In her first interview one of the reasons she was given the white slip was for her english. We overcame that and proved that she could speak english to USCIS so GUZ couldn't deny her any more using english as an excuse. So I guess they didn't bother making her conduct the entire interview in english since it wasn't an issue. The one english question was "What did you and your husband do yesterday?" She answered "We were at the airport" My flight to Shanghai had been delayed so I hadn't arrived in GUZ until the previous day. So it was an easy question for her to answer.