Got a bet going with the wife.

My wife is insisting that all of the people doing the AOS for the 2 year visa must have a interview. A friend of hers is doing AOS now also and will have a interview so this naturaly means she will have one also. Her friends interview is due to financial reasions I think, either that or the fact she is now signed up for state sponsered insurance.

But anyhoo I think Im correct in thinking that it would be more the norm for her to just get the 2 year visa and we have the interview with the 10 year visa AOS.

Im gonna win...... Im gonna win!

Easy answer, K-3, and people adjusting from a visa type like Student, or Work visa get interviewed.

K-1's in many cases do not get interviewed for AOS because the intent of K-1 is to enter USA marry and adjust status.

You can use my time line link below, and see that in our case no interview.

Can also use VJ's databases.

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/aoslist.php?vtype=1&op8=All&xfr=1&op1=&op2=&op3=&op4=1&op5=&cfl=1 (Note K-1, with transfer, for the most part no interview dates listed.)

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/aoslist.php?vtype=3&op8=All&xfr=1&op1=&op2=&op3=&op4=1&op5=&cfl=1 (Note K-3, with transfer, and for the most part interview dates listed.)

My wife is insisting that all of the people doing the AOS for the 2 year visa must have a interview. A friend of hers is doing AOS now also and will have a interview so this naturaly means she will have one also. Her friends interview is due to financial reasions I think, either that or the fact she is now signed up for state sponsered insurance.

But anyhoo I think Im correct in thinking that it would be more the norm for her to just get the 2 year visa and we have the interview with the 10 year visa AOS.

Im gonna win...... Im gonna win!

We had an interview for the 2 year green card but not the 10 Year one. I wasnt sure why we had an interview since we provided everything, but I think its all about pulling straws...Wish you luck!!!

It used to be almost automatic that you would have an interview for the 2 year green card. Now it is not as common but still not unusual. Interviews for the 10 year card are almost unheard of.

As far as your wife believing her girl friend over you, welcome to the Chinese expert syndrome. It will pass eventually as it becomes apparent enough times that they are wrong and you were right. The trick is to not rub her nose in it. Just pretend it never happened. Otherwise she will lose face.