Cigarettes, wine, shirts

Hey Guys,

We are leaving for China tomorrow to visit my wife's family. We want to take 3 liters of wine, 5 packages of cigarettes, about six polo shirts, a few lipsticks as gifts for some of the family and friends. We will pack all of these things spread out between our two checked bags. I am pretty sure there should be no problems in terms of screening, but will be have any trouble with customs? What should we expect/do? Thanks as always.

Hey Guys,

We are leaving for China tomorrow to visit my wife's family. We want to take 3 liters of wine, 5 packages of cigarettes, about six polo shirts, a few lipsticks as gifts for some of the family and friends. We will pack all of these things spread out between our two checked bags. I am pretty sure there should be no problems in terms of screening, but will be have any trouble with customs? What should we expect/do? Thanks as always.

I searched for "China customs regulations" and found this website:

http://www.yoyochina.net/Tips/tipdetail.aspx?tipID=19

I don't know how current it is, but I think it will be useful as a guide.

Wish you both a great journey!

I've never had a problem going in...it's coming out that can be tricky.

I imagine if you packed a gun, a few grenades and radio transmitters they'd be all over you like stink on pooh...but otherwise they haven't seemed to care. I always declare everything going in; I play dumb coming back...mostly because I haven't a clue what the wife has in the bags :)

I've never had a problem going in...it's coming out that can be tricky.

I imagine if you packed a gun, a few grenades and radio transmitters they'd be all over you like stink on pooh...but otherwise they haven't seemed to care. I always declare everything going in; I play dumb coming back...mostly because I haven't a clue what the wife has in the bags :)

No comment, you about said it all yourself. :(

Hey Guys,

I would go to the Duty Free Shop at the airport. It is alot cheaper.