Tourist L Visa 24 month multiple entry.

I just inquired with Oasis China Visa on this, they said they need:

1-Original Marriage certificate or a notarized copy.

2-Your wife's original Chinese passport or a notarized copy.

3-Your wife's original green card or a notarized copy.

My Questions:

1. Do they really need Notarized copies?

2. I assume a copy of the White Book of our marriage certificate is OK? I am not sure if we still have an original (I have a soft copy).

You can send originals and they will be returned to you along with your passport+visa

They want notarized copies as a way to verify that the original document has not been altered.

My Questions:

2. I assume a copy of the White Book of our marriage certificate is OK? I am not sure if we still have an original (I have a soft copy).

You can send originals and they will be returned to you along with your passport+visa

They want notarized copies as a way to verify that the original document has not been altered.

I would prefer not to send the originals, any experience as to how to get this notarized? Is it as simple as a notary putting a stamp on the copy? Does my wife have to be present?

I would prefer not to send the originals, any experience as to how to get this notarized?

Is it as simple as a notary putting a stamp on the copy? Does my wife have to be present?

Yes it is a simple matter of visiting a notary with copy and original document, they compare copy to original doc, and they stamp and sign the copy confirming that the copy is a true and accurate copy, and wife need not be there when doing this.

Here is something I found:

Notarized Copy

Many legal processes required a notarized copy of the passport, green card and similar documents.

However, for those documents where a notarized copy is required, people routinely face difficulty regarding this. Many people complain that the notary refuse to notarize the copy of the passport. Notaries are not completely wrong in many cases as several states do not allow notaries to notarize the photocopy of the document as a 'TRUE COPY'.

Therefore, we have listed several options here. In each case, make a photocopy of the document and take it to the notary along with the original document.

• Notary will write or stamp 'TRUE COPY' on the document, put the signature and the stamp on the photocopy.

• If the state where you live does not allow option #1, as described above, the notary can notarize your signature.

In this case, type the following paragraph on a blank paper, and superimpose the photocopy with the contents of that paper and take it to the notary.

State of <YOUR_STATE>

County of <YOUR_COUNTY>

I, <YOUR_NAME>, affirm that the attached is a true and complete copy of the document which it purports to represent.

____________________________ (YOUR SIGNATURE HERE)

Subscribed and sworn to before me this <DAY> day of <MONTH>, <YEAR>.

Signature of Notary Public

My commission expires <MM/DD/YYYY >

• If your notary refuses to sign on the same paper as the photocopied document, as described in #2 above, you can have a certification of copy prepared on a separate paper.

This certificate is attached to a passport copy of <YOUR NAME>. (Change the wording accordingly, here.)

Certification of Copy

State of __________________

County of _________________

I, Custodian of Document copied, swear/affirm that the foregoing (or attached) is a true and complete copy of the document which it purports to represent, and the photocopied document is neither a public record nor a publicly recordable document, certified copies of which are available from an official source other than a notary public.

Signature of Affiant/Custodian of Document Copied

Subscribed and sworn or (or affirmed) before me this _______ Day of _______________, _________.

Signature of Notary Public

Name of Notary printed, typed or stamped

Notary Public, State of ________________

My Commission Expires __________________

• If the notary is unwilling to write any statements on his own photocopy of the document, you can write a statement like "I declare this is a true, exact and unaltered photocopy of my passport" and sign below it in presence of the notary. And ask the notary to notarize your signature. If you face any difficulty with this, insist to the notary that he is simply notarizing your signature and not the contents of the document.

http://www.immihelp.com/immigration/notarized-copy.html

My Questions:

Take a look at the link that Dan provided about my experience with Oasis.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?/topic/44568-24-month-multiple-entry-tourist-visa/

I give detailed instruction on how to get a 24 month 180 day stay.

Read post number 24 for instructions.

Edited by NUWORLD (see edit history)

• 8 months later...

China recently overhauled its immigration law, which was put into practice commencing September 1, 2013. Examples include the introduction of a new visa classification called Q2, which is issued to foreigners being invited by Chinese citizens residing in China for a duration of no more than 180 days. The Q2 is valid for 24 months. Visas are also waived now for foreigners in transit to another destination through Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, or Chengdu; such persons are allowed to stay in China for up to 72 hours.

In light of the recent changes, this pinned topic, having been started in Aug 2010, may gradually become obsolete.

There are various websites explaining the changes, although the best one is probably: http://lawandborder.com/faq-new-china-visa-law/

China recently overhauled its immigration law, which was put into practice commencing September 1, 2013. Examples include the introduction of a new visa classification called Q2, which is issued to foreigners being invited by Chinese citizens residing in China for a duration of no more than 180 days. The Q2 is valid for 24 months. Visas are also waived now for foreigners in transit to another destination through Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, or Chengdu; such persons are allowed to stay in China for up to 72 hours.

In light of the recent changes, this pinned topic, having been started in Aug 2010, may gradually become obsolete.

There are various websites explaining the changes, although the best one is probably: http://lawandborder.com/faq-new-china-visa-law/

24 month multiple entry tourist visa (Post #24)

From Oasis China Visa.

. Invitation Letter issued by companies, corporations, institutions and individuals in China. If the invitation letter is issued by an individual in China, the photocopy of the ID of the individual is required. Applicant can also provide a photocopy of the airline ticket(flight itinerary) ,or hotel reservation. The invitation letter should contain:

• Information on the applicant (full name, gender, date of birth, etc.)
  • Information on the planned visit (arrival and departure dates, place(s) to be visited, etc.)
  • Information on the inviting entity or individual (name, contact telephone number, address, official stamp, signature of the legal representative or the inviting individual)

The new Q2 visa should still apply to the link above.

With the new visa form in section.

Major purpose of your visit:

You would select:

Family reunion for over 180 days with Chinese citizen or foreigner with Chinese permanent residence status.

Then in section 2.8

Information of invite in China

Just have your/our wifes write a invitation letter with there Chinese ID card info and use a relatives address

where your going to stay.

We always stay at zhenghong sisters address.

The rest of the form should be just normal info.

Yes - the new visa regulations have been discussed pretty extensively in various topics. It WOULD be nice to revise the pinned document to reflect the changes, but I expect that they're more administrative that would actually fall on the PSB in China. That is, an American applying for a visa to ultimately live in China would have more options to choose from, but, for the most part, would be issued a visa equivalent to the old L (tourist) visa. This visa can be used to enter the country, while a more permanent visa is issued from the local PSB Entry/Exit bureau. The PSB visas come with no length of stay restrictions. For example, I've lived in China since Dec., 2009, with only a 2 week visit to the U.S. as far as leaving the country. The local PSB is still issuing me an L visa (I'm getting a new one next week), which carries all the same benefits and restrictions as a Q visa or residence permit would. But the PSB is charged with tracking your relatives and residence, which would be very difficult to administer from an overseas consulate.

The only changes I found in applying for the visa was that the application form listed the new types, and also that a medical exam was required at an approved medical facility (I had to travel to Guigang for this).

So I expect that the visas overseas will be more or less equivalent to what they've issued in the the past, and that most of the administration of the new regulations falls on the local PSB.

I'll keep an eye to revising the pinned topic when I can (and we have more information).

• 3 weeks later...

Also just noticed on Oasis china visa.

3-5 year visas?

The embassy also accept visa applications for 3 or 5 years' visas, but requires the applicant to apply in person to interview. Therefore, as a visa agent, the longest visa we can help to request is 24 months.

For any kind of visa application, we
can
help to request it from the visa office; however, as a service provider, we have no control in the final result of your visa application. Even though, we still help to check documents and try to eliminate any possible issues; We do our best in getting the right visa for every customer, but we cannot guarantee the application result which is done by the Embassy.

Also just noticed on Oasis china visa.

3-5 year visas?

The embassy also accept visa applications for 3 or 5 years' visas, but requires the applicant to apply in person to interview. Therefore, as a visa agent, the longest visa we can help to request is 24 months.

For any kind of visa application, we
can
help to request it from the visa office; however, as a service provider, we have no control in the final result of your visa application. Even though, we still help to check documents and try to eliminate any possible issues; We do our best in getting the right visa for every customer, but we cannot guarantee the application result which is done by the Embassy.

My understanding is that, for the most part, the administration of the new visa types will be passed along to the local PSB's in China, as they were before. I don't see this as a significant change, so much as an attempt to actually tighten restrictions, qualifications, and administration of the visas.

The three year visas are apparently available to those with a Hong Kong ID.