We are blue and I need help

Again as per USCONGUZ's post to that forum, interviewing jointly would increase the time per interview by nearly twice time, halving the number of interviews per day a VO can handle, so increasing manpower would be needed to handle the same amount of interviews handled at the consulate.

This is NOT an issue in other countries because the do not handle nearly as many petitions as does the consulate in Guangzhou, ONE consulate that handles a country that has nearly 1/4th the world's population.

How is it in India ??? Any one knows ???

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is it in India ??? Any one knows ???

For some reason DOS has FOUR consulates in India capable of handling Immigrations interviews.

Chennai, Mumbai, Kolkata and New Deli.

SEE: http://travel.state.gov/visa/fees/fees_4881.html?cid=3582 (Visa Issuing Posts note the ones that say "All Visa Categories")

Ok first Robert if you like I can show you the K-1 visa request that wanted me to explain why I gave up a TS-SCI job in order to marry my wife and why USCIS requested a copy of my Decommissioning letter. I never told them I was in the military but USCIS still requested my SR to be opened.

On another note my wife just got two more pages of the blue slip. Per Michael J. Jacobsen the blue slip was not complete. So now I have the instruction Sheet and my wife has to get a new police report done. Hers expired the day before the interview. And I still have to write How we met letter #7 and how our relationship grew letter #7, and a copy of my old US Navy issued Passport.

I will be going to China in Dec to correct this issue. Thanks to those that DID help. 10 of the posts were helpful 1 seems to be upset about something.

Nate_NT;

Several have said take a breather...relax. On the issue of a TS-SCI, this is not the issue. Several of us here have lived in, and married Chinese wives - and maintained both our clearances and have been through 5 year reviews. As several have said...this is not the issue. Don't let it cloud what you need to do.

The police report expiring is certain BLUE, and is easy to fix. Take care with the redo - of the "how you met letter" - be factual and to the point....and if there are no other "red herrings" you have a good chance of jumping over the "administrative hurdle" of an expiring police report.

Although, I also think it won't matter much about being there -- I would personally, get the data together - get on a plane and with my gal....go and meet with them at ACS, under the guise of notarization of the documents she was turning in. Specifically, I would also take time to "UPDATE my financials" and address the issue of finances that you alluded to....if it is real or was questioned at any point. This is an excellent time to get in front of a VO and pass information, show support, and answer any questions that he/she might have. I would absolutely do this.....and after I did this I would have her turn in the documents.....and see if they ask for the passport/issue the visa. You may have reason for celebration.

These are only suggestions based on what I read.....but calm and positive is the way to go....best of luck.

finances are good. it was the almost the only thing that was not checked on the blue slip for items for me to re-provide. House in Aiea HI I rent out to military people took care of that.

Was being pushed out of the military worth it to marry the love of my life. YES, I would do it in a heart beat again, but I would not wait as long as I did to marry her.

Now the only problem I have is after the DOD sent a letter explaining that my Navy Passport will be Black Lined except for the China and Russia trips, GUZ has said that will not do. So if I do not post again after DEC 12th it means I am living with my wife in China. If I can not bring her here I will live there. Baba or as he has me call him Shang Xiao. Would love for me to live with him at the Army house he has. Both he and my wife say I could pretty much find a job my first day if I lived there.

• 3 months later...

Well Dec trip is over. Spent a week in airports trying to get back. At least I was able to get them the paperwork by the time they requested but I was then told that they would not look at the paperwork until March. Wish they would have told me that before I took a month of no pay to go to China. Sure that said I had to have the paperwork to them by Dec 15th. But then to be told they would not look at the paperwork until next year. That part I did not like. Once again I have to hurry up and wait.

• 1 month later...

I sent an email on the 3rd(their 3rd) to check the status and here is what I got today.

"

Dear Nathan Taylor,

Thank you for your inquiry.

We regret that we do not accept additional documents submitted in person. Ms. Taylor's case is just temporarily refused. You may mail the required additional documents via reliable courier mail system such as EMS or FedEx. You may rest assured that Ms. Ho's case will be given full and fair consideration once the additional documents are received. If you want to confirm the receipt of your mail by the Consulate, you may contact us again with the mail tracking number after the mail is sent. We will keep an eye for the mail.

Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Unit

U.S. Consulate General Guangzhou

1 Shamian South Street

Guangzhou, Guangdong 510133

PRC"

We regret that we do not accept additional documents submitted in person.

I have an EUTNOSC Form 1000. (Loan of Items form) and a NAVONR-4400-4 Personal property form to show that the items were signed for while I was there. Now they say they do not have my papers. Also My wife does not use my last name nor is it Ho. Not a happy computer geek today.

• 3 weeks later...