We are blue and I need help

Ok first Robert if you like I can show you the K-1 visa request that wanted me to explain why I gave up a TS-SCI job in order to marry my wife and why USCIS requested a copy of my Decommissioning letter. I never told them I was in the military but USCIS still requested my SR to be opened.

On another note my wife just got two more pages of the blue slip. Per Michael J. Jacobsen the blue slip was not complete. So now I have the instruction Sheet and my wife has to get a new police report done. Hers expired the day before the interview. And I still have to write How we met letter #7 and how our relationship grew letter #7, and a copy of my old US Navy issued Passport.

I will be going to China in Dec to correct this issue. Thanks to those that DID help. 10 of the posts were helpful 1 seems to be upset about something.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are going to China anyway, I would try to get an appoitment with the consulate to discuss your case. They may or may not give you one but it's worth a shot. I did that very thing with the Hong Kong consulate and the VO actually thanked me for being willing to come in and talk to them. He said they really appreciated it because they rarely get a chance to talk to and see the petitioner and the beneficiary togther. I don't know how GUZ works but I just kept in contact with the consulate through emails and when I knew the dates I would be in HK I emailed them and requested an appoitment to discuss our case and they scheduled the appointment for me with no fuss. It might have been just to get me off their back and out of their hair though.

Good luck and hang in there, sounds like maybe you are nearing the tail end.

Edited by HongKong2LA (see edit history)

HK will often interview the couple together if the petitioner comes for the interview. GUZ won't. Still it wouldn't hurt to attend American citizen's hour and plead your case.

Really? I'm surprised to hear this. It's the first time I've heard that in my 2 years of researching the process. It doesn't hurt to ask, you never know until you try. With the stakes so high, I would try everything I could think of. They would not have talked to me if I had not asked.

Why not interview together - other consulates do this.

I see the topic is dated 2005 and the evidence of joint interviews looks to be third person and anecdotal at best. Beyond that it directly contradicts the VO's very words that I heard with my own ears that it was rare for them to get both together. Maybe once upon a time but I even doubt that for the same reasons the GUZ CO stated.

I see the topic is dated 2005 and the evidence of joint interviews looks to be third person and anecdotal at best. Beyond that it directly contradicts the VO's very words that I heard with my own ears that it was rare for them to get both together. Maybe once upon a time but I even doubt that for the same reasons the GUZ CO stated.

"Common" and "rare" are relative terms - joint interviews are known to occur in Hong Kong. It is one reason why people have gone there for their K-3 interviews.

They are known to NOT occur in Guangzhou, for the reasons that USCONGUZ gave.

Of course, that may change tomorrow. Then again, maybe it won't.

I asked a VO this question (why can't we interview together) when I went to ACH. His reply was almost verbatim to the linked quote above.

Trust me I have pressed to meet with them face to face and have my wife get a new interview since the last one was not done correctly. (IE.. Having to wait almost a month to get the parts of the blue slip the VO did not hand to my wife.)

I was told that due to my case they can look over my papers during the American time and say "this will do or I need to add this or that". But they will not fully discuss my case. They also said if I am not polite and play nice I will be forced to mail the items instead of hand delivering the items they requested. Handing over the papers in person is a special thing and is rare I am finding out so I have to play by thier rules. It will be hard to do but I have faith my wife will be PINK in Jan or Feb.

"Common" and "rare" are relative terms - joint interviews are known to occur in Hong Kong. It is one reason why people have gone there for their K-3 interviews.

They are known to NOT occur in Guangzhou, for the reasons that USCONGUZ gave.

Of course, that may change tomorrow. Then again, maybe it won't.

Yep, this may change once the new consulate building is built in Guangzhou, may provide more space, however they still have the argument of twice the time and resources which would not change unless they add additional manpower.

space limitations consideration well taken-- (particularly at the old consulate building of years past) --- but why would joint interviews require more manpower? All the documents are exactly the same as SO only---and misunderstandings (due to language differences) can be expedited if the partitioner is present to interpret----which also offers proof positive of the ability to communicate to each other---the absence of which is a leading cause of rejections and blue (unless, of course you were to assume that the DOS WANTS these kinds of 'gotch ya' excuses---perhaps to stay within annual visa quotas?).

Seems the whole process is clarified, expedited and made more fair and humane with joint interviews, but again, thats assuming this might be a policy goal at DOS.

I think joint interviews should be required, it would greatly reduce fraud cases. Many of the fraud petitioners would just not show up for the interview or if they do a stokes type interview (interview party, then the other seperately to see if get same answers to same questions, then jointly) they would weed out fraud cases quickly.

I think any relationship that is real could easily pass a stokes type interview.

After a short period the workload would be reduced because so many fraud cases would cease trying to apply.

I think many on this board would have loved to be part of the interview.

I fully agree with this. I would have been happy to fix this on the spot rather than try to figure out what was asked. My wife knows some English butif i was there I could have explained it to my wife in a different way to help her better undersatnd what was asked etc

space limitations consideration well taken-- (particularly at the old consulate building of years past) --- but why would joint interviews require more manpower? All the documents are exactly the same as SO only---and misunderstandings (due to language differences) can be expedited if the partitioner is present to interpret----which also offers proof positive of the ability to communicate to each other---the absence of which is a leading cause of rejections and blue (unless, of course you were to assume that the DOS WANTS these kinds of 'gotch ya' excuses---perhaps to stay within annual visa quotas?).

Seems the whole process is clarified, expedited and made more fair and humane with joint interviews, but again, thats assuming this might be a policy goal at DOS.

Again as per USCONGUZ's post to that forum, interviewing jointly would increase the time per interview by nearly twice time, halving the number of interviews per day a VO can handle, so increasing manpower would be needed to handle the same amount of interviews handled at the consulate.

This is NOT an issue in other countries because the do not handle nearly as many petitions as does the consulate in Guangzhou, ONE consulate that handles a country that has nearly 1/4th the world's population.