All Finished!

Well, it has been a very busy time. So many things going on that I really can't keep up, Work is crazy. The new house is in progress. I've even been living in Mexico for a while.

BUT!

My little sweetie's ten-year green card has been approved. We should have it in 60 days or less. It took just under four months from the California center. The USCIS website has not caught up yet, so, if you're watching the website and not seeing any changes, they may be working on your case and just not able to update the status online.

I hope everyone else's adventure is proceeding well too.

Well, if you had biometrics in May, you may be pretty close to completion! We filed in April and we did biometrics in early may. So your acceptance letter may be right behind ours.

But that's California service center. I saw online that the Vermont center was running at like 22 months (22 months!) or something.

As for calling in to check, I don't know. I don't know if they would be receptive to that until after you pass the normal timeframe. I have imagined that the actual paperwork involved only takes a day or two and that the most of the time is spent waiting while the USCIS gets to your file and then queries other agencies (but the more experienced folks online here may have a more accurate idea). Anyway, if my theory of "a long wait and then like two days to do the work" is correct, they may not have anything to say to you if you call except, "You're in line".

But, then again, they do have an 800 number so they must be ready for you to call...

Also, I think my sweetie does want to go the citizenship route. Of course, everyone has to make their own decision as far as that kind of thing is concerned and I won't give her any pressure. But I hope she does go for it. International travel is so much easier with a Western passport. She agrees with me on that, but again, it's probably unethical to give someone pressure to abandon their citizenship in order to make vacationing easier. But also though, having spent almost half of her life outside of China, I don't think my little angel is too attached to her red passport.

It would be interesting to see how various people's patriotism affects their choice to remain Chinese despite their choice of expatriate lifestyle and the relative convenience of travel. I wonder how much pressure comes from home. You know how much flak Gong Li got when she changed passports.

Well, it has been a very busy time. So many things going on that I really can't keep up, Work is crazy. The new house is in progress. I've even been living in Mexico for a while.

BUT!

My little sweetie's ten-year green card has been approved. We should have it in 60 days or less. It took just under four months from the California center. The USCIS website has not caught up yet, so, if you're watching the website and not seeing any changes, they may be working on your case and just not able to update the status online.

I hope everyone else's adventure is proceeding well too.

Way to go buddy. GREAT news.

:D

tsap seui

Congratulations on the approval!

We just had biometrics last week and are working with the CA service center, so hopefully, if everything goes well, we should have the 10 year card in a few months!

I can imagine it must be pretty great to have that 10 year approval.

Edited by xiaofeizhu (see edit history)

Congratulations on the approval!

We just had biometrics last week and are working with the CA service center, so hopefully, if everything goes well, we should have the 10 year card in a few months!

I can imagine it must be pretty great to have that 10 year approval.

It is great. For one thing, we can stop keeping records of everything we do just in case we need it in an interview later! But it's also nice because now, we can visit China or wherever without worrying that we will get a USCIS "Request for Information" or Interview Schedule while we are away.

Good luck to both of you! I don't think you will have trouble though. You two are of the close age and met in person and lived together in China so I am sure that your ten-year card will go just as quickly as ours did!

¾©¶¼¤Ç¡¢Ã㊤·¤Æ¤¤¤ëég¡¢»á¤¤¤Þ¤·¤¿¤«£¿¡¡Ë½¤¿¤Á¤ÏÃû¹ÅÎݤÇʼ¤á¤Æ»á¤¤¤Þ¤·¤¿¡¡£¨ÊËÊ£©¡£¡¡Ë½¤Ï×Ô„Ó܇»áÉç†T¤Ç¤¹¡£¡¡Ë½¤Ï˽¤ÎÆޤλáÉç¤ÎÈܽәCе¤òÙI¤¤¤Þ¤·¤¿¡£¡¡Æत¥í¥Þ¥ó¥Á¥Ã¥¯¤Ê¥é¥Ö・¥¹¥È¥ê©`¤Ç¤¹¤Í£¿¡¡<(-_^<) îBˆ¤Ã¤Æ¤¯¤À¤µ¤¤£¡¡¡ég¤â¤Ê¤¯¾v¥«©`¥É¤Îʤ¬ÍêÈ«¤Ë¤Ê¤ê¤Þ¤¹¡£

¾©¶¼¤Ç¡¢Ã㊤·¤Æ¤¤¤ëég¡¢»á¤¤¤Þ¤·¤¿¤«£¿¡¡Ë½¤¿¤Á¤ÏÃû¹ÅÎݤÇʼ¤á¤Æ»á¤¤¤Þ¤·¤¿¡¡£¨ÊËÊ£©¡£¡¡Ë½¤Ï×Ô„Ó܇»áÉç†T¤Ç¤¹¡£¡¡Ë½¤Ï˽¤ÎÆޤλáÉç¤ÎÈܽәCе¤òÙI¤¤¤Þ¤·¤¿¡£¡¡Æत¥í¥Þ¥ó¥Á¥Ã¥¯¤Ê¥é¥Ö・¥¹¥È¥ê©`¤Ç¤¹¤Í£¿¡¡<(-_^<) îBˆ¤Ã¤Æ¤¯¤À¤µ¤¤£¡¡¡ég¤â¤Ê¤¯¾v¥«©`¥É¤Îʤ¬ÍêÈ«¤Ë¤Ê¤ê¤Þ¤¹¡£

ÈÕ±¾¤ÇÃ㊤·¤Æ¤¤¤ëégÖª¤êºÏ¤Ã¤¿¡£Í¬¤¸´óѧ¤ÇÈÕ±¾ÕZ¤òÃ㊤·¤Æ¤¤¤¿¤·¡¢Í¬¤¸å¼¤Ëס¤ó¤Ç¤¤¤¿¡£¤·¤«¤·¡¢´óѧ¤ÇÖª¤êºÏ¤ï¤Ê¤«¤Ã¤¿¡£¡£¡£å¼¤Ç¤âÖª¤êºÏ¤ï¤Ê¤«¤Ã¤¿¡£¡£¡£´óѧ¤«¤é弤ˎ¢¤Ã¤Æ¤¤¤ëég¡¢Ë½×Ôܞ܇¤«¤éÂä¤Á¤Æ¡¢¤¢¤ëÈˤ¬¤½¤ì¤òÒŠ¤Æ¡¢Ë½¤òÊÖ»¤Ã¤Æ¤¯¤ì¤¿¡£¡£¡£¤½¤ÎÈˤÏ˽¤ÎÖ÷Èˤˤʤ俤衡¥Ï¥Ï¡£¥°¥ê©`¥ó¥«©`¥É¤ÎʤϤ¹¤°½K¤ï¤ê½K¤ï¤ë¤Î¤¬Ö¾Íû¤·¤Æ¤¤¤ë¤±¤É½ñ´ý¤Ä¤·¤«¤Ç¤­¤Ê¤¤¤Í¡£¤¸¤ã¡¢ Minister¤µ¤ó¤â¤¤¤í¤¤¤í¤¢¤ë¤È˼¤¦¤«¤é¡¢îBˆ¤Ã¤Æ¤¯¤À¤µ¤¤¡£10Äêég¤Î¥°¥ê©`¥ó¥«©`¥É¤¬¤Ç¤­¤Æ¡¢°²ÐĤǤ·¤ç¤«¡£¡£¡£

ÈÕ±¾¤ÇÃ㊤·¤Æ¤¤¤ëégÖª¤êºÏ¤Ã¤¿¡£Í¬¤¸´óѧ¤ÇÈÕ±¾ÕZ¤òÃ㊤·¤Æ¤¤¤¿¤·¡¢Í¬¤¸å¼¤Ëס¤ó¤Ç¤¤¤¿¡£¤·¤«¤·¡¢´óѧ¤ÇÖª¤êºÏ¤ï¤Ê¤«¤Ã¤¿¡£¡£¡£å¼¤Ç¤âÖª¤êºÏ¤ï¤Ê¤«¤Ã¤¿¡£¡£¡£´óѧ¤«¤é弤ˎ¢¤Ã¤Æ¤¤¤ëég¡¢Ë½×Ôܞ܇¤«¤éÂä¤Á¤Æ¡¢¤¢¤ëÈˤ¬¤½¤ì¤òÒŠ¤Æ¡¢Ë½¤òÊÖ»¤Ã¤Æ¤¯¤ì¤¿¡£¡£¡£¤½¤ÎÈˤÏ˽¤ÎÖ÷Èˤˤʤ俤衡¥Ï¥Ï¡£¥°¥ê©`¥ó¥«©`¥É¤ÎʤϤ¹¤°½K¤ï¤ê½K¤ï¤ë¤Î¤¬Ö¾Íû¤·¤Æ¤¤¤ë¤±¤É½ñ´ý¤Ä¤·¤«¤Ç¤­¤Ê¤¤¤Í¡£¤¸¤ã¡¢ Minister¤µ¤ó¤â¤¤¤í¤¤¤í¤¢¤ë¤È˼¤¦¤«¤é¡¢îBˆ¤Ã¤Æ¤¯¤À¤µ¤¤¡£10Äêég¤Î¥°¥ê©`¥ó¥«©`¥É¤¬¤Ç¤­¤Æ¡¢°²ÐĤǤ·¤ç¤«¡£¡£¡£

:lol:

We may have to start a Japanese language forum!

No, no. Xiaofeizhu's Japaneses is MUCH better than mine! :unsure: (<- I think this is the best "bashful" emoticon)

本当に私の日本語が下手ですけど、初めて会ったの時に、私たちは日本語を話しました。 今、私の妻は私の中国語の家庭教師になって。 ;) Xiaofeizhuさんは3つ言語を話すことができますか? :o ご主人を会うの前に、中国語を話せましたか?  Wow! Xiaofeizhuさんのご主人を始めて会ったの時はとてもロマンチックでした! TVドラマのようですした!

Our meeting, in front of a broken welding machine, was less so. ;) But my wife makes it sound more romantic by describing our meeting like this, "All the way back to America, you couldn't stop thinking of me. You dreamed that one day you would have a beautiful and talented woman like me with you. Before we contacted each other, your heart was sick with thinking that you would never see me again..."

(I honestly remember a different story, but I have learned that it is better not to argue with her)

Edited by Minister (see edit history)