Back from GUZ and...

• 3 months later...

Hi again CFL,

Sorry I took so long to post how the interview went. I haven't really been on a computer to myself in a while after coming to the US. Anyways this is how it went down in GUZ.

We stayed at the Yang's and they were AMAZING! Mr. Yang went through all my stuff, and said that I had a 99% chance. Well he was right!

The next morning my wife, and I, arrived on the line outside the consulate at about 7:10 AM. We waited online until she got on the other line that enters the actual consulate that is upstairs. I went over to the "coffee shop". I hung out there for about 2 hours waiting all nervously. She finally came out trying to act like she didn't get the "pink", but could not hold it in haha!

Her interview story.

She was in the lobby waiting for her number to be called. While she was waiting she was observing other people, and how they were being interviewed. She noticed that the majority of people who were interviewing seemed bored and restless, and said that the consulate officers were the same. She also noticed that the majority of people were getting either blue or denied. Only 4 visas were issued before her. When she was called she went up to the window very alerted and highly positive. She said that the consulate officer which whom was a man, just went from :( to :D right when she approached the window. The visa officer then asked her why she wanted to go to America. She replied saying that she has been with me in China for the past 8 years and that it's time for us to go home with our daughter. The visa officer also asked her if she could sing and asked if she could sing English songs. She replied "only a little". Then he asked what is our plan when we arrive in America. She then passed him the letter I wrote saying what our plans were. Then last thing he her asked if I can do Kungfu, and she said yea a little. While picking up the pink slip he then said WOW, and asked how long does it take to learn kungfu? My wife was like I dunno and said a long time. He gave the slip and didn't even congratulate her or anything. She left all happy THE END. My wife also said that when she left he like turned off from Positive back to negative again.

We believe that if you have all the required documents in your kitchen sink, and are a VERY positive and SMILEY person you shouldn't have any problems getting your visa. My wife said the consulate officers reminded her of her teaching job. You get those boring and un-excited students that make your job boring as-well, then you get those positive and fun students that make your day interesting. She saw that in the visa officers while she was waiting in the lobby.

Anyways that's what pretty much went down, and our 2 cents on the whole thing.

I am at work now so I had to make it as brief and understandable as possible.

My spouse, and I got a job together at a law firm marketing and dealing with Chinese clients. Luckily I can speak Chinese.

We are in Vegas, and my wife, and daughter are loving it so far!

Thanks again CFL!