flight delayed

Quick question for you guys, my wife just left today for her one month stay in Nanning.

JFK to Beijing, 2 hour wait, then Beijing to Nanning. Only problem is her flight out of

JFK was delayed a little over an hour.

Is 50 minutes enough time to make her connecting flight???

It's the same airline, Air China, for the connecting flight and

the same terminal.

Anyone want to put my mind at ease :unsure:

Quick question for you guys, my wife just left today for her one month stay in Nanning.

JFK to Beijing, 2 hour wait, then Beijing to Nanning. Only problem is her flight out of

JFK was delayed a little over an hour.

Is 50 minutes enough time to make her connecting flight???

It's the same airline, Air China, for the connecting flight and

the same terminal.

Anyone want to put my mind at ease :unsure:

Sometimes when they are running behind, the pilot will push the plane a little faster to make up for some lost time...espesially when flying over uninhabited places...prevailing winds too might help catch up on it....i really wouldn't worry about it, if she arrives too late to catch her connecting flight, the airline will probably put her up for the night at a nearby hotel and get her on the next flight to nanning....this has happened to me before when flying to xi'an....plane left chicago late and had to catch connecting flight the next morning.....50 minutes?, depends on the lines at immigration....shouldn't have to wait for luggage...will be forwarded with the connecting flight in the morning if that is the case

Sometimes when they are running behind, the pilot will push the plane a little faster to make up for some lost time...espesially when flying over uninhabited places...prevailing winds too might help catch up on it....i really wouldn't worry about it, if she arrives too late to catch her connecting flight, the airline will probably put her up for the night at a nearby hotel and get her on the next flight to nanning....this has happened to me before when flying to xi'an....plane left chicago late and had to catch connecting flight the next morning.....50 minutes?, depends on the lines at immigration....shouldn't have to wait for luggage...will be forwarded with the connecting flight in the morning if that is the case

Just got off the phone with them, they know about the delay and said the plane would be held

for a bit if needed because it's their connecting flight. We will see.

Yep, they can push the throttle a bit on the plane, over a 13-14 hour flight, they could make up an hour in delay.

In many cases they will hold connecting flights for s short period knowing there are passengers on a flight.

My wife came home from China last month, she had a 4 hour delay out of Beijing, the airline bought her Lunch in Beijing, and then Dinner Hotel and Breakfast in New Jersey because she could not make the connection in NJ.

I made a connection last May ...flew into PEK (terminal 3) on Continental...picked up my checked luggage and went around the corner to a China Air Kiosk where they honored my e-ticket and re-checked my luggage on to FOC...It took much less than an hour from touch down to the next gate...I was amazed. ZZ

I guess you guys are right about pushing the throttle a bit. It went from a 68 minute

delay when the flight left to a 32 min. delay 5 hrs. in :)

They call that "Balls to the wall".

There is also some padding at the other end for airport traffic planes may orbit waiting for their turn at the runway, this is also where a late plane can jump in front of others making up time, that is if the airport gives priority to the late plane moving them up in the line.

They call that "Balls to the wall".

There is also some padding at the other end for airport traffic planes may orbit waiting for their turn at the runway, this is also where a late plane can jump in front of others making up time, that is if the airport gives priority to the late plane moving them up in the line.

Well as it turns out, they didn't makeup enough time after all and she missed her

connecting flight. Airline hooked her up with transportation and a hotel room for

the night so she wasn't that mad! :)