Letter from senator's office

I have contacted one of the senators office and asked if they can provide any support for my fiancee's K-1 visa case, and was told all they can do is to contact GUZ to make sure they process the case fair and just. Now I'm really hesitating if I should bring them in this late of stage. I'm leaving for Guangzhou this Saturday and will be there with my girl when she goes to her interview Monday morning. I already gave the senator's office my consent to contact GUZ but told them to stand by unless I need their assistance if anything goes wrong at the interview on the day of 8/16. I'm now wondering if I should just ask the office to email them now and inquire about the case, or should I wait? Any body out there has done this before? It's not like I have something to hide but after reading all those "horror" stories from GUZ, I am really at a loss and don't know what I should do exactly.

while GUZ was screwing us over with the dna crap, the asked for and given to I-134 but never looked at and then told needed I-134 so then given blue slip and then supposedly lost the approval letter (I think it was misplaced and was never sent out), but I ended up writing my senator and calling his offfice and it was taken care of pronto... I recieved correspondence from Senator telling me they had correspondence with GUZ and the problem was being taken care....later got an email from GUZ telling me that her letter of approval was somehow lost or misplaced and another was being sent out. Whether it really helped by writing the senator and calling his office is anyones call....but it gave me a little peace of mind letting my senator know what a circus is being run in GUZ.....oh....and the rude treatment my fiancee got from the VO...was threatened with having police remove her when Rong asked why she needed I-134....VO said it was not there....Rong tried to give it to her again and was then threatened to have security remove her from the building......everyone knows that the visa applicants go to the interview knowing full well they basically gotta kiss ass if they want to have a chance for the visa...and then to have the VO spew out sh*t like that...really pissed us both off as well as countless others this happens to.

Edited by steveandrong (see edit history)

I have contacted one of the senators office and asked if they can provide any support for my fiancee's K-1 visa case, and was told all they can do is to contact GUZ to make sure they process the case fair and just. Now I'm really hesitating if I should bring them in this late of stage. I'm leaving for Guangzhou this Saturday and will be there with my girl when she goes to her interview Monday morning. I already gave the senator's office my consent to contact GUZ but told them to stand by unless I need their assistance if anything goes wrong at the interview on the day of 8/16. I'm now wondering if I should just ask the office to email them now and inquire about the case, or should I wait? Any body out there has done this before? It's not like I have something to hide but after reading all those "horror" stories from GUZ, I am really at a loss and don't know what I should do exactly.

I hope your senator ain't from KS, In my experience back in 2002 they were useless, almost chastising me about being impatient.. But what the hell! Harass them ! You might get your pic on the GUZ dart board to replace me :angry:

I wrote a few years back complaining about the rudeness and mistreatment at the Guangzhou Consulate to Sen. Mel Martinez. He wrote back explaining to me that he was in favor of building a large fence along the US/MX border to solve my problem. ZZ

I sent his letter and a copy of my original letter back to Martinez and suggested he have his interns read letters received and not just hit a, "hot key", etc. A few weeks later I got an apology and he gave me a report on my complaint about the Guangzhou Consulate.

• 2 weeks later...

Based on my years here, the 'contact the senator' or whoever is very hit-or-miss; usually more miss.

MOST relate NO Help... a few relate some help. A rare occasion relates there was something unplugged by the contact.

Here is the usually recommendation; If you are 2x the average, then you might want to consider some contact but do not ever expect any useful help. If you are 3x or more then you can probably build a better case for your delay and might expect some help if this is just a 'plugged' issue.

I would say if you are within 6 months of the average timeframe, don't waste anyone's time with your impatience.

Expect 1 year... be happy if it is less. If it is 18 months or less, be satisfied. If it is 2 years of more, you have got a decent reason to be impatient but not if you were impatient in the first 15 months. Feel the force of fate and not let the GUZ get you down.