6 days until interview and sensing blue... Help! : (

I don't know if this will be of any help or not, but, i just recieved from social security what is called "Your Social Security Statement"...it is a printout of my earnings record for the past 40 years has been and then shows what my projected benefits will be at different ages of retirement...if your father has also recieved this statement and can fax it to you, maybe this can help stave off the blue?....have not heard of anyone using this document before, butwho knows?....it is an official document from social security that states the taxed social security earnings reported for every year since you or your father (depending on whose document you are using) have been working and filing taxes.

I don't know if this will be of any help or not, but, i just recieved from social security what is called "Your Social Security Statement"...it is a printout of my earnings record for the past 40 years has been and then shows what my projected benefits will be at different ages of retirement...if your father has also recieved this statement and can fax it to you, maybe this can help stave off the blue?....have not heard of anyone using this document before, butwho knows?....it is an official document from social security that states the taxed social security earnings reported for every year since you or your father (depending on whose document you are using) have been working and filing taxes.

Wow I have never heard of that before! It sounds epic for a situation like this. How long does it take to get that statement after requesting it?

Thanks!

NVM I just checked the SS website and it says it takes up to 2/4 weeks for the statement to be mailed back to you. So I called to see if I can expedite it and they said no, but however I could bring in completed SSa-7004 form to them and they could print out the statement right then and there.

Edited by reliable (see edit history)

as far as i know, everyone gets these statements every year or every other year.....they, i presume, are sent out in a mass mailing....i just recieved mine yesterday....but, like i said, i don't know if this would be acceptable evidence or not.

It's definitely worth trying. I can't see why it wouldn't be acceptable when it shows your income for the past 40 years. I need everything I can get now since my father wont be able to provide a completed 1040 for 2009, I will be sure to try and hope for the best.

Thanks again for the advice :D

What Randy is trying to get to is that to get an income tax extension you must file a form with the IRS that gives a reasonably accurate estimate of your income and a calculation of what your tax liabilies are. I filled out these forms every and for the life of me don't know the form#.

If he's a responsible guy, he did this and could send you the form.

What Randy is trying to get to is that to get an income tax extension you must file a form with the IRS that gives a reasonably accurate estimate of your income and a calculation of what your tax liabilies are. I filled out these forms every and for the life of me don't know the form#.

If he's a responsible guy, he did this and could send you the form.

Ah, I now understand lol. Well I know for sure he hasn't filed an extension, so I guess I'm out of luck then. So him printing out form 1040 then filling it out with his estimated income for 2009 will be of no use? Just to be clear, the form would be scanned directly to me and of course would not be sent to the IRS.

Ah, I now understand lol. Well I know for sure he hasn't filed an extension, so I guess I'm out of luck then. So him printing out form 1040 then filling it out with his estimated income for 2009 will be of no use? Just to be clear, the form would be scanned directly to me and of course would not be sent to the IRS.

It MAY be of use. Again, though, it's up to the VO. The extensions are REQUIRED filing by April 15, but that's between him and the IRS

It MAY be of use. Again, though, it's up to the VO. The extensions are REQUIRED filing by April 15, but that's between him and the IRS

Yeah.. I am just going to bring what I can. I have no other options at this moment. We are leaving to GUZ tomorrow. Hopefully we will get pink, but I will not be surprised if we get a blue slip. I will be disappointed however cause, we really want to get back to the states asap. Every time our daughter gets sick she gets a high fever, and the medicine where we are located sucks. They have to give her meds through an IV every time. It's so painful to watch :(

Anyways I want to thank CFL for all the help! Ill be sure to keep you guys posted on what happens after GUZ.

Thanks again

My guess is that all your sponsorship related papers will be accepted without them focusing too much on the details because the overall presentation is shown just fine. I have a sense that your case will just easily go through the process. I hope I'm right. It seems like sometimes they refrain from jumping on the least little thing. Good luck.

We're hoping all goes well. As Randy has stated a few times, tax problems are with the IRS and not with GUZ. GUZ is just looking that your wife will be supported.

When they give your daughter IVs, is it in her head? WeiLing was telling me that children here get IVs in the head because their arms and legs move around too much. That just sounds awful and borderline cruel... Could just be a Hubei thing.

Anyway, best of luck!

We're hoping all goes well. As Randy has stated a few times, tax problems are with the IRS and not with GUZ. GUZ is just looking that your wife will be supported.

When they give your daughter IVs, is it in her head? WeiLing was telling me that children here get IVs in the head because their arms and legs move around too much. That just sounds awful and borderline cruel... Could just be a Hubei thing.

Anyway, best of luck!

Yea we are hoping all goes well too haha! Yeah most infants get IV's in their foreheads and their feet, because they move too much. The worse part about the IV's is that they usually don't always get the needle in right the first time. I have seen doctors/nurses, give babies injections 6 times before they got it right... Western medicine is FTW!

Anyways the train to GUZ leaves in about an hour from now, so I'm off till the 15th. Ill be sure to let everyone know how it went.

Thanks again for all your help CFL!

Peace ~