6 days until interview and sensing blue... Help! : (

My father is the joint sponsor for my spouse. As I mentioned in other post he didn't come through until a few days ago and scanned me his I-864 and the required document.

I have noticed an un-fixable problem, and am now very much worried about the interview.

1: He provided a copy of his 2007 - 2008 tax returns along with his W2's for those years. What he didn't provide is his 2009 tax returns... :( However he did send me a copy of his 2009 W2's and one most recent pay stub. He also scanned a letter with his photo ID card on it. the letter reads,

To whom this may concern,

I ( n a m e ) certify that I have not filed my 2009 tax

returns because I am awaiting certain documents which I have

not yet received. I do hereby state that I will be filing my 2009 tax

returns just as soon as these documents become available.

Sincerely,

( n a m e )

( Photo of ID card )

I am sensing my spouse is going to be seeing more blue than pink now because of this issue.

Oh yes and the signature page 8 on the I-864 is a scanned copy as-well :unsure:

Is there anything possible we can do to assure ourselves we will not get a blue slip based upon this matter? We got 6 days until the interview date...

Edited by reliable (see edit history)

Is it possible you farther get his 2009 tax reture before interview? Did your farther change his job in past three years? Do your dad give you his employer's letter, or give you his 2009 pay list? These documents helpful.

Is it possible you farther get his 2009 tax reture before interview? Did your farther change his job in past three years? Do your dad give you his employer's letter, or give you his 2009 pay list? These documents helpful.

According to my father it will be impossible for him to get his 2009 tax returns in time. He hasn't gotten an employers letter also. If he were to get a letter from his employer how should the letter be written? Oh and no he has been with the same company for 12 years. He was however laid of for about a half year this year but started working again for the same company about a month ago. He is in the union as an electrician, and has never been laid off in all of his 12 years in his company.

According to my father it will be impossible for him to get his 2009 tax returns in time. He hasn't gotten an employers letter also. If he were to get a letter from his employer how should the letter be written? Oh and no he has been with the same company for 12 years. He was however laid of for about a half year this year but started working again for the same company about a month ago. He is in the union as an electrician, and has never been laid off in all of his 12 years in his company.

A letter from employer,

Please accept this letter as notification that (your farther name) has been employed by (the company) since (date) and is not a temporary emploee.

(Name) was paid (salary) in wages in calendar year 2009 and his compensation is expected to be similar in calendar year 2010.

Sincerely,

( n a m e )

email

A letter from employer,

Please accept this letter as notification that (your farther name) has been employed by (the company) since (date) and is not a temporary employee.

(Name) was paid (salary) in wages in calendar year 2009 and his compensation is expected to be similar in calendar year 2010.

Sincerely,

( n a m e )

email

Right thanks! Ill try and get my father to get a letter from his boss. I doubt he will make it in time though... His 2007-2008 tax returns do show that he has been with the same company for the past 3 years. His 2009 W/2's also show that he is with the same company as-well. The problem is though he was laid off for a little bit this year, and has made about 65% of what he made for 2007 and 2008.

Even if he comes through with his employment letter, are our chances for a blue high? Or does it really depend on the VO's mood? lol

I sent a letter close to the same thing when i sent off for my wife's green card also sent the extension of fileing my taxes for 2009 and they sent me a letter that i did not make enough money and wanted the 2009 tax return even though i made over the amount for 2008 and 2007. Sounds like a blue slip to me. I would bring a 2009 tax return to the interview.

I sent a letter close to the same thing when i sent off for my wife's green card also sent the extension of fileing my taxes for 2009 and they sent me a letter that i did not make enough money and wanted the 2009 tax return even though i made over the amount for 2008 and 2007. Sounds like a blue slip to me. I would bring a 2009 tax return to the interview.

I also sent my w2s and still got the letter.

My father is the joint sponsor for my spouse. As I mentioned in other post he didn't come through until a few days ago and scanned me his I-864 and the required document.

I have noticed an un-fixable problem, and am now very much worried about the interview.

1: He provided a copy of his 2007 - 2008 tax returns along with his W2's for those years. What he didn't provide is his 2009 tax returns... :( However he did send me a copy of his 2009 W2's and one most recent pay stub. He also scanned a letter with his photo ID card on it. the letter reads,

I ( n a m e ) certify that I have not filed my 2009 tax

returns because I am awaiting certain documents which I have

not yet received. I do hereby state that I will be filing my 2009 tax

returns just as soon as these documents become available.

Sincerely,

( n a m e )

( Photo of ID card )

I am sensing my spouse is going to be seeing more blue than pink now because of this issue.

Oh yes and the signature page 8 on the I-864 is a scanned copy as-well :unsure:

Is there anything possible we can do to assure ourselves we will not get a blue slip based upon this matter? We got 6 days until the interview date...

He most likely was able to CALCULATE his taxes and send in the correct amount, assuming he knows what is on those documents. Can he send you a copy of the returns as they exist now, minus the documents?

The correct taxes were due on April 15, with or without the documents. He had to have (by law) at least estimated the actual amount due at that time to avoid late fees and a penalty.

He most likely was able to CALCULATE his taxes and send in the correct amount, assuming he knows what is on those documents. Can he send you a copy of the returns as they exist now, minus the documents?

The correct taxes were due on April 15, with or without the documents. He had to have (by law) at least estimated the actual amount due at that time to avoid late fees and a penalty.

I am not 100% what you mean to be honest... I am have no knowledge of tax filling and what not. I am an idiot :P

But do you mean he should just print out a 1040 fill it out with his estimated income for 2009 and then scan it to me?

I am not 100% what you mean to be honest... I am have no knowledge of tax filling and what not. I am an idiot :P

But do you mean he should just print out a 1040 fill it out with his estimated income for 2009 and then scan it to me?

I'm suggesting that he MAY know his exact income, and MAY even already have filled out a 1040, and is simply waiting for the documents to actually file the return.

If he DOESN'T know the exact income amounts, work with him to find out what he may be willing to provide - a signed return with estimated amounts (or unsigned if he's not willing to sign it), an accounting statement, showing the estimated income and taxes. He may or may not be willing to go to an extra effort here.

Do the best with what you can get - it MAY stave off a blue slip.

I'm suggesting that he MAY know his exact income, and MAY even already have filled out a 1040, and is simply waiting for the documents to actually file the return.

If he DOESN'T know the exact income amounts, work with him to find out what he may be willing to provide - a signed return with estimated amounts (or unsigned if he's not willing to sign it), an accounting statement, showing the estimated income and taxes. He may or may not be willing to go to an extra effort here.

Do the best with what you can get - it MAY stave off a blue slip.

No he has never even filled out the 1040 form. He just may know his income for this year. I can see his income from the 2009 W-2 Wage and Tax Statement, and from his 1099-R. If that makes any sense?... lol

I am sure he can fill out the 1040 form with a pretty accurate estimate of his income for 2009.

Shall he fill it out and scan to me without sending it to the IRS? What would be wrong with signing it btw?

Thanks for trying to help me Randy. I am sorry if I don't understand everything right away or make any sense. >_<

No he has never even filled out the 1040 form. He just may know his income for this year. I can see his income from the 2009 W-2 Wage and Tax Statement, and from his 1099-R. If that makes any sense?... lol

I am sure he can fill out the 1040 form with a pretty accurate estimate of his income for 2009.

Shall he fill it out and scan to me without sending it to the IRS? What would be wrong with signing it btw?

Thanks for trying to help me Randy. I am sorry if I don't understand everything right away or make any sense. >_<

Well, sorry to be vague here, but you're there and I'm not You have to use your imagination. You can't deliver on what they expect, so what's the next best, or even third best? He may or may not be willing to sign an incomplete tax return. You have to work with him.

Don't push him to go to too much trouble, though - it may or may not work, at the VO's discretion. Again, just do the best you can to present the information, and let the VO be the judge.

Well, sorry to be vague here, but you're there and I'm not You have to use your imagination. You can't deliver on what they expect, so what's the next best, or even third best? He may or may not be willing to sign an incomplete tax return. You have to work with him.

Don't push him to go to too much trouble, though - it may or may not work, at the VO's discretion. Again, just do the best you can to present the information, and let the VO be the judge.

I will go head and try to see if he will fill out the 1040 with his best estimated income for 2009 then.

I was also thinking if he could file an extension and use that with his letter of why he did not file for 2009. I am assuming it would be too late since Apr 15th has passed...

Sigh.. I don't know what I can do now. Either way I am most definitely going to be trying my best!

Thanks again for your help

Blues happen.

Don't think of them as a separate deity outside

of your journey/relationship. They are very much

a test of your commitment and integrity.

I got four.

Do your best, deal with it if it happens.

Ain't nothin' but a thang. ;)

WOW 4 >_> That sounds like a nightmare!

One way or another ill eventually get my spouse the pink! I can't make assumptions that I'm going to be getting blue right just yet. We still haven't tried yet.

My concern is money though. If we were to get blue would we have to back for another interview and re-pay the $445 dollar fee again? We are also way up north so we gotta send about $300 dollars just to get to GUZ, not to mention hotel fees and etc.

I'm going to still going to see what I can do in the mean time, and as I said before we will try our best!

Well, I just got off the phone with my pops, and he told me he will be scanning his 1040, with an estimated income amount for 2009. He claims he knows nearly the exact amount. Hopefully this will work.