Mod moonlights as Movie Star

knloregon

Well, according to reliable sources, we have a Candle Mod with a third job. The big one being Mod of course, but also Manager, and now........... Movie Star!! ... (along with Wife!) on late night TV. I'm never up late enough to see it, so will have to wait for the prime time version...

Perhaps the BIG STAR will step forward, and offer up a few insights, if he hasn't outgrown all of us 'little people' :lol:

I think you must mean me..Bing and I are in an infomercial for the Kreg K-3 pocket hole jig. You have to watch close to see us since we are only on for about 60 seconds. They show me sitting at the table talking about the tool and Bing getting up to some cabinets I made with the K-3 on a stool I made with it as well.

The way it all came down was the guy making the infomercial came into my store and was asking me several questions about the Kreg jig. He sensed I was enthusiastic about the tool and asked me if I would be willing to do a "testimonial" about it. I told him sure and gave him my number and promptly forgot about it. A few weeks later he called me on my day off and asked if I still wanted to that. I told him sure and gave him my address. About an hour later he shows up with a whole film crew. I didn't know they were going to do that.I showed him some stuff that I built with the Kreg jig, in particular the laundry room cabinets I made and a Shaker style step stool I made for Bing. We spent a couple hours sitting around my kitchen table then they filmed Bing getting up on the step stool to get some things out of the cabinet. They gave me a free K-3 jig which is worth about $140.00 as a gift. Not bad for two hours sitting around shooting the bull. I've had several customers come into the store and say "hey I saw you on TV!" My nephew in Ohio was spending the night at a friends house sleeping on the sofa with the TV on. He woke up about 4 in the morning and there was his uncle on TV.

Don you gotta have a Kreg jig to make the table to play pocket pool on.

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/1q2GQdBhb40/0.jpg

There are several U-Tube shorts about the Kreg. I've tried looking at them trying to find one but never found one with me in it. There probably is one but I'm too lazy to look at all of them to find it.

I'll tell ya, I wish Carl was here right now.

I have a project going on and the only tools

I have are a roofing nail and a butter knife! :(

I wonder how many more years it will take him

to plane through that board? ;)

I've been shaving my wood for about 7 years now and it isn't getting any smaller.

I wish I had a nice piece of koa.

There is some out there Robert. I come across some every now and then. It's hard to find though. Hawaii banned exporting it as lumber. They only allow finished goods made of it. I have heard that some people will have it milled to uniform dimensions and call it shelving. How big of a piece do you want?