Gong Zhen Chu Cost

I tried searching the web and the forums on the typical cost for the translation service. Get this, ready for it? My girl says she paid 1700 RMB for 3 booklets of each translation, 9 total. I cant believe this. I want to hear what it cost for your fiance/wife.

i paid 1300rmb for 9 books in toishan, guangzhou. prices are different among cities. which city did your wife get it from?

She got it from the country side of Zhangzhou, Fujian. Her dad paid for it!!!! I couldnt believe that.

We paid well over 1000 RMB for ours. Not sure exactly how much, but I do remember having a similar reaction as yours. They're not cheap; don't lose them. :D

I remember it being very expensive, unnecessarily expensive considering what the average wage is in China. I think we did two copies of single cert, one copy of policy report, and three copies of birth cert. But I think we only needed one single cert, one policy report, and two birth cert. We then make copies. Whenever possible, submit a copy instead of the original.

About the same price everywhere, and according to policy if you go back to get more copies after 6 months has passed you pay the whole fee again.

We needed some more copies after the failed K1 and luckily the guy was nice and didnt charge us since we were 8 months since he did them originally. We bought him nice bottle of wine as thank you.

in Chengdu they asked for 900 ling said no. after I trying to convince her we had to do this

she insisted we leave once outside she made a call we went back in and paid 400

when in china ALWAYS LISTEN TO YOUR LADIES

By Golly, now THAT was an impressive story. And I am sure she felt quite triumphant about that! Holy cow, what kind of strong connections did she have to accomplish that? Amazing.

Well it sounds the price my girl paid is the norm. Now that leads to the next question. Her dad paid for it, and I feel really bad about it because you know, its my fault that she needed that. She insist that I do not need to worry about it because she is his daughter and he is just doing something for her. I dont really have a clue how much her dad makes, but ive always heard the average monthly salary to be around 5000 RMB. I mean 1700 RMB would definitly be a blow to his monhtly savings account, if we go of that figure. Not sure what the right path is, give him back the money when I get to china or just thank him for paying for it.

Edited by Amaro (see edit history)

Well it sounds the price my girl paid is the norm. Now that leads to the next question. Her dad paid for it, and I feel really bad about it because you know, its my fault that she needed that. She insist that I do not need to worry about it because she is his daughter and he is just doing something for her. I dont really have a clue how much her dad makes, but ive always heard the average monthly salary to be around 5000 RMB. I mean 1700 RMB would definitly be a blow to his monhtly savings account, if we go of that figure. Not sure what the right path is, give him back the money when I get to china or just thank him for paying for it.

I suggest you thank him, and invite him to dinner (means you pay of course).

Then next opportunity (any holiday, his b-day, or any other excuse you can think of) give him a red envelope with more than enough to cover that money plus whatever holiday.

Also, keep in mind that as a child, it is your job/right/responsibility to send the parents money to help with their finances.

So .. in summary you have LOTS of opportunities to thank the dad.