Finishing our house in Zhongshan

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very awesome. looks good. She doesn't fool around.

You ain't kiddin!! All this in a space of 3 weeks time. She had another bathroom added also so now there are 2.

Looks great. Maybe she's found a new career as a construction manager.. :lol:

I am afraid so. :horsehit: We recently bought a fixir upper in the nawth jawja mountins and she told me the other day that when she gets back home she is gonna show me how to fix up that house. :lol:

I told her she should stick with concrete and I'll stick with wood. :P

Yep, It luks real spiffie. I know that you are proud of her doin all dat by her sef.

About the rent thing. Google Asian Expat and there should be some sites that offer posting mostly for ferners to rent places. Here is one but I don't know how close any of them is to where your place is.

http://www.asiaxpat.com/

Larry

Now she has decided not to rent to an expat teacher. :lol: She doesn't want to spend any more money buying furniture and ACs only to have them not hang around very long. I think the local Chinese are the next targets. I agree with her.

Ya know Cuzin' White Lightnin', when I met the lil' rabbit for the first time, she wuz standin' there in the middle of the Beijing airport, wearin' pink bib overalls, clunky work boots, had a straw hat on, and just before she kissed me she spat a big wad of black juice into a mason jar she was carryin'... as I bent fown to kiss them juicy lips, I saw a bag of "Mao's Red CommieMan" chawin' tobaccy in her purse....

I tells ya...my heart stopped beatin' for a full minute, I could NOT believe my luck that I, one of the dumbest, no good pot lickin' hillbilly rednecks that had ever been given breath, had met such a perfect woman for myself.

I thought Lawd Gawd Almighty, after all these here years, I have met the redneck woman of my dreams...complete with tiny hiney, long black hair, a mop, and a wild-cathouse attitude in the...well, you well knows wud I mean. ;) Only thang she didn't have was a high rise Chevy pickemup truck to go wallerin' in the mud with. :P

Okay, back on topic...lil' rabbit had them put marble on the floors in our kitchen and bathroom, with marble for the walls in the bathroom. I ain't noticed any need for windshield wipers. :horsehit:

I think Jane's done a great job of fixin' the place up, it looks damn gud!!

tsap seui

Marble is gud and that mite be what she used. I dunno. :lol:

I don't think that windshield wipers are available in Fushan......maybe an ice pic? :lol:

Yep, It luks real spiffie. I know that you are proud of her doin all dat by her sef.

About the rent thing. Google Asian Expat and there should be some sites that offer posting mostly for ferners to rent places. Here is one but I don't know how close any of them is to where your place is.

Larry

Now she has decided not to rent to an expat teacher. :lol: She doesn't want to spend any more money buying furniture and ACs only to have them not hang around very long. I think the local Chinese are the next targets. I agree with her.

Charles It is my opinion that no matter who you rent it to you need someone to check in on how things are being treated but I am sure that you and she already know that.

Larry

Larry

Charles It is my opinion that no matter who you rent it to you need someone to check in on how things are being treated but I am sure that you and she already know that.

Larry

Yes.......this is why she wasn't too keen on renting to the local Chinese.

what does a 2 two bedroom apt go for in a second tier city ?

Not sure what tier level Zhongshan is. The house is just on the outskirts of the downtown area. She says it can be rented for 1000 RMB each month (without being furnished) and 1200 RMB each month furnished.

The good deal about this place is that it is a 10 minute walk to the new train station that runs from Zhuhai to Guangzhou. It is set to be completed for the Asian games.

We haven't started finishing anything yet but I aksed the wife about this WETFLOORSWINDSHIELDWIPERTHINGMIE and she claims that's a first floor phenomenon... :lol:

I'm sorta' curious cuzzzin' on how your spouse got an extra bathroom... :lol: In our places the bathrooms are a black hole that goes down about a foot and has stubs for water and sewage and then that space has a lower ceiling than the rest of the house because the guy above you (if there is one) needs the space for his john... :D so I'm unclear as to how you could make an extra one somewhere other than dividing one up right there... :eekout:

It's apparently a fairly rare phenomena - a once every few years thing even here. But basically, the ceramic tiles retain heat (or cold), , which makes it very susceptible to condensation when the temperature changes. That one day we had enough water to skate on, including in my class that night.

You ain't kiddin!! All this in a space of 3 weeks time. She had another bathroom added also so now there are 2.

Looks great. Maybe she's found a new career as a construction manager.. :clapping:

I am afraid so. :unsure: We recently bought a fixir upper in the nawth jawja mountins and she told me the other day that when she gets back home she is gonna show me how to fix up that house. :o

I told her she should stick with concrete and I'll stick with wood. :P

Thats gonna be fun, just turn her loose on it, sit back, relax and watch the dust fly...but seriously, accomplishing a remodel in 2 months is no small feat, she must have great organizational skills. Good luck with the fixer, I've only been around the Atlanta area but I hear its mighty purdy country.

We haven't started finishing anything yet but I aksed the wife about this WETFLOORSWINDSHIELDWIPERTHINGMIE and she claims that's a first floor phenomenon... :huh:

I'm sorta' curious cuzzzin' on how your spouse got an extra bathroom... :blink: In our places the bathrooms are a black hole that goes down about a foot and has stubs for water and sewage and then that space has a lower ceiling than the rest of the house because the guy above you (if there is one) needs the space for his john... :D so I'm unclear as to how you could make an extra one somewhere other than dividing one up right there... :unsure:

Cuzzin Roggie I jes got home from a gig in Alabama and I asked the wife about this. She says that it is a secret that not many people know. :rolleyes:

When she gets home, I will try and prod it out of her and then let you know. ;)

If the windshield wiper thingmie is a first floor phenomenon then it is due to the absence of a vapor barrier underneath the floor.

Edited by chilton747 (see edit history)

Looks great. Maybe she's found a new career as a construction manager.. :D

I am afraid so. :rolleyes: We recently bought a fixir upper in the nawth jawja mountins and she told me the other day that when she gets back home she is gonna show me how to fix up that house. :huh:

I told her she should stick with concrete and I'll stick with wood. ;)

Thats gonna be fun, just turn her loose on it, sit back, relax and watch the dust fly...but seriously, accomplishing a remodel in 2 months is no small feat, she must have great organizational skills. Good luck with the fixer, I've only been around the Atlanta area but I hear its mighty purdy country.

Actually, she did this in 3 weeks and the cost was approx 4 grand USD. She is one smart woman and she knows how to get things done (in China of course). :unsure:

She had some very good ideas about our fixer upper that saved me from having to replumb the entire house. :blink:

Atlanta ain't no purdy country. But a couple of hours north is almost heaven on earth. ;)

Actually, she did this in 3 weeks and the cost was approx 4 grand USD. She is one smart woman and she knows how to get things done (in China of course). :D

She had some very good ideas about our fixer upper that saved me from having to replumb the entire house. :rolleyes:

Atlanta ain't no purdy country. But a couple of hours north is almost heaven on earth. :unsure:

Dang! We're spending $4000USD just for the floor tiles!