Finishing our house in Zhongshan

The wife has been in China for about 2 months now and she has been busy finishing our house there. She has done a marvelous job!!

Before:

http://i49.tinypic.com/3501nd0.jpg

After:

http://i45.tinypic.com/23w5i6r.jpg

There are some more pics in our gallery that were taken after cleaning.

If anyone knows of anyone that would be interested in renting it then be sure to let me know. She prefers an English teacher for some reason. :D

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The wife has been in China for about 2 months now and she has been busy finishing our house there. She has done a marvelous job!!

Before:

After:

If anyone knows of anyone that would be interested in renting it then be sure to let me know. She prefers an English teacher for some reason. :unsure:

WhoWEEE cuzin' Moonshine, she has done a great job, it looks great!!!

That first shot looks like my front yard, ya think lil' rabbit will be okay with that if'n they let her come over, or do ya think there will be a thread started by a Chinertuckian woman what done come to America and wantin' to go back the same day...mebbe I kin wait till after dark to brang her home to the Hauled in Mansion on Wheels Park and pretend I didn't know anythng about it...or sumpin'. :D

tsap seui

I may need help in Pennsyltucky :baby:

Edited by tsap seui (see edit history)

Before:

After:

If anyone knows of anyone that would be interested in renting it then be sure to let me know. She prefers an English teacher for some reason. :unsure:

WhoWEEE cuzin' Moonshine, she has done a great job, it looks great!!!

That first shot looks like my front yard, ya think lil' rabbit will be okay with that if'n they let her come over, or do ya think there will be a thread started by a Chinertuckian woman what done come to America and wantin' to go back the same day...mebbe I kin wait till after dark to brang her home to the Hauled in Mansion on Wheels Park and pretend I didn't know anythng about it...or sumpin'. :D

tsap seui

I may need help in Pennsyltucky :baby:

I tells ya cuzin Tsap, didn't take 1 day after Jane came here for me to know she was bigger hillbilly than me. :D I spect Lil Rabbit jes mite be the same. ;) Yessir wait until after dark, then when the sun comes up you jes mite be amazed how she takes a liken to yore hauled in mansion on crager mags and how fast yawls can move in a moment's notice. :P

Are the floor tiles ceramic or wood? If ceramic, I hope you're installing windshield wipers - you need 'em at least here in Guangxi to keep the layer of condensing water off. Seriously, the ceramic retains an incredible amount of cold - seems like wood would be better in that regard, but I'm not sure about how well the wood would hold up (maybe I'll bring some Varathane from the states to mop it with once in a while - we're buying wood).

Are the floor tiles ceramic or wood? If ceramic, I hope you're installing windshield wipers - you need 'em at least here in Guangxi to keep the layer of condensing water off. Seriously, the ceramic retains an incredible amount of cold - seems like wood would be better in that regard, but I'm not sure about how well the wood would hold up (maybe I'll bring some Varathane from the states to mop it with once in a while - we're buying wood).

I would have to say they are ceramic. She mentioned wanting to use some wood but it was too expensive. First look at some of the pics, I thought they were wood, too. She always used the "windshield wipers" everyday at her house in Jiujiang so this is probably normal for her.

Yes, wood would be under severe distress in this sort of climate and extreme measures would have to be taken to preserve it. Climate control inside would probably not be an option as it is expensive.

I would have to say they are ceramic. She mentioned wanting to use some wood but it was too expensive. First look at some of the pics, I thought they were wood, too. She always used the "windshield wipers" everyday at her house in Jiujiang so this is probably normal for her.

Yes, wood would be under severe distress in this sort of climate and extreme measures would have to be taken to preserve it. Climate control inside would probably not be an option as it is expensive.

I'm thinking that the wood would provide better insulation and not be so susceptible to the condensation. We'll find out, I guess.

The ceramic tiles for us were easier to clean. We had them in the kitchen and wood flooring through the rest of the house.

The ceramic tiles for us were easier to clean. We had them in the kitchen and wood flooring through the rest of the house.

Exactly - they're pretty much necessary in the kitchen and bathrooms, but retain too much cold (in my opinion) during the winter months.

Be careful to not fix your place up to look like a Roman bordello - it should be something that'll still look good after looking at it every day for 2 years. We saw one design that had an accent stripe in a box around the toilet - on the floor, and wall behind the toilet - I'm not sure you really need to accent the throne like that. There's a real value in a design that WON'T catch your eye every time you look at it - something fairly neutral, where you can just walk into a room and not see ANYTHING, except a pleasant background.

I'm thinking that the wood would provide better insulation and not be so susceptible to the condensation. We'll find out, I guess.

One thing, our house is on the first floor so I am not sure how susceptible to ground moisture the floor is. I would think that a good vapor barrier would need to be laid down first. But then again, I know pretty much nuthin when it comes to Chinese building codes and guidelines. :bullshit:

Looks like she did the house in pretty much plain fashion.

Before:

After:

If anyone knows of anyone that would be interested in renting it then be sure to let me know. She prefers an English teacher for some reason. :bullshit:

Very awesome. looks good. She doesn't fool around.

I tells ya cuzin Tsap, didn't take 1 day after Jane came here for me to know she was bigger hillbilly than me. :lol: I spect Lil Rabbit jes mite be the same. :( Yessir wait until after dark, then when the sun comes up you jes mite be amazed how she takes a liken to yore hauled in mansion on crager mags and how fast yawls can move in a moment's notice. :lol:

Ya know Cuzin' White Lightnin', when I met the lil' rabbit for the first time, she wuz standin' there in the middle of the Beijing airport, wearin' pink bib overalls, clunky work boots, had a straw hat on, and just before she kissed me she spat a big wad of black juice into a mason jar she was carryin'... as I bent fown to kiss them juicy lips, I saw a bag of "Mao's Red CommieMan" chawin' tobaccy in her purse....

I tells ya...my heart stopped beatin' for a full minute, I could NOT believe my luck that I, one of the dumbest, no good pot lickin' hillbilly rednecks that had ever been given breath, had met such a perfect woman for myself.

I thought Lawd Gawd Almighty, after all these here years, I have met the redneck woman of my dreams...complete with tiny hiney, long black hair, a mop, and a wild-cathouse attitude in the...well, you well knows wud I mean. :D Only thang she didn't have was a high rise Chevy pickemup truck to go wallerin' in the mud with. :lol:

Okay, back on topic...lil' rabbit had them put marble on the floors in our kitchen and bathroom, with marble for the walls in the bathroom. I ain't noticed any need for windshield wipers. :lol:

I think Jane's done a great job of fixin' the place up, it looks damn gud!!

tsap seui