URGENT !! I134 expires on 05/31/10

Dear All,

I just discovered a problem on my I134 form. The expiration date is May 31st while my interview date is on 1st June. I went to the USCIS site to download the official version and it's the same expiration date. I searched everywhere online, same expiration date.

I dont understand, how is it possible that there is no new version available as people are having interviews later than May!

Or, should I understand it differently, as long as the signature of my fiancé is before 31st May, then the document is valid ?????

I am getting so nervous all of a sudden as I dont have much time left ...

If any one has a newer version, please kindly send it to me.

Thank you in advance.

Jiali

Dear All,

I just discovered a problem on my I134 form. The expiration date is May 31st while my interview date is on 1st June. I went to the USCIS site to download the official version and it's the same expiration date. I searched everywhere online, same expiration date.

I dont understand, how is it possible that there is no new version available as people are having interviews later than May!

Or, should I understand it differently, as long as the signature of my fianc¨¦ is before 31st May, then the document is valid ?????

I am getting so nervous all of a sudden as I dont have much time left ...

If any one has a newer version, please kindly send it to me.

Thank you in advance.

Jiali

This should not be a problem. If you notice on the forms page under edition, not only is this form acceptable, but all previous forms (which have been expired as well) are accepted. This means even though the form is updated to reflect the new expiration date, it really does not change. So they will accept new and expired forms.

Edited by C4Racer (see edit history)

It is their expiration date - not yours. If they determine that a new form is needed, they will post that form on the web site. They will CONTINUE to accept the old forms, until new information is needed that is NOT requested on the old.

The I-134 form is VERY unlikely to change - continue using the old form as long as it is acceptable.

Other forms that DO change will generally have an overlap, where the old form is accepted even after a new one is published.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

I just checked the consulate website. They still haven't updated the link. I really don't think that this isn't going to be an issue, especially since they haven't made the new form available yet (and perhaps they won't do so until after the expiration date). Have you tried contacting them and asking them about this?

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn//i...t-question.html

They stated on their website that they will answer within 5 - 7 days which is cutting it close, but still before your interview. Maybe they can confirm this so that your mind can be at ease. Personally, I think you'll be fine.

Some one said the OMB expiration date does not mean the form is expired

Then what's OMB ?

Office of Management and Budget. The APPROVAL of the form is what is expiring, not the form itself. Te form should be REVIEWED by that date, not necessarily updated. Any change would most likely be to ONLY update that expiration date.

Do not worry - I would recommend that you NOT ask about it, as it would only be an exercise in frustration.

What is PRA/OMB Clearance?

PRA/OMB Clearance is the process which requires all Federal agencies to have in place a system to ensure that any collection of information from more than nine individuals meets OMB standards and is submitted to OMB for approval.

KEY POINTS

Information collection must be necessary to the proper function of the agency

Agency must specify how the information will be used

Burden must be minimized as much as possible

OMB approval process takes about 6-9 months

If you're still interested - http://oma.od.nih.gov/ms/privacy/Paperwork...20Clearance.ppt

Many use the term ¡°OMB Clearance¡±, but since OMB clearance is required for several federal government activities, in order to distinguish OMB Clearance under the PRA, HHS uses the term ¡°PRA Clearance¡±. This distinguishes OMB clearance due to the PRA.

or Paperwork Reduction Act

Frequently Asked Questions About PRA / Information Collection

http://i50.tinypic.com/348h6qt.jpg

Edition Date :

10/30/2008. Prior versions are also acceptable.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

Note look at the bottom of the form for edition date.

The OMB date is NOT the form's expiration, it is a date that USCIS needs to complete a paper work reduction act survey by. More about this is noted in the form's instructions on the last page.