Renewing the Chinese passport............

We are living in Jupiter, Florida and need to get our son an updated Chinese passport. It appears that the Houston Consulate is where we need to go. In the past they have come to Florida at different times for one day availability. Does anyone have any idea when they may be in Tampa or Miami or other cities in the near future?

Thanks,

Ken

You can also check the Chinese newspapers in these areas.

We just renewed my wife's mothers passport.

The San Francisco consulate published dates and times in the Portland Chinese Times.

This is how we found out when they were coming.

Saved us a 12 hour one way trip.

I was finally able to get through on their information line. The Houston Chinese Consulate will be in Orlando sometime in August for 1 day. They will post this information on their website 30 days in advance. It is about 175 miles from our home, but it is better than going all the way to Houston.

• 3 weeks later...

I need to go to the San Francisco Chinese Consulate for my wife's passport renewal.

Few questions

1) If her passport expires after 8 or 9 months, will they let renew. Does it need to be 6 months or less?

2)

Does anyone happen to know which form she needs to fill out?

One of these from http://sanfrancisco.china-consulate.org/ch...54559.htm#three

Èý¡¢Öйú»¤ÕÕ¡¢ÂÃÐÐÖ¤¼þ/Chinese Passport and Travel Documents

ÖлªÈËÃñ¹²ºÍ¹ú»¤ÕÕ/ ÂÃÐÐÖ¤/ »Ø¹úÖ¤Ã÷ÉêÇë±í

̨Íå¾ÓÃñÀ´Íù´ó½ͨÐÐÖ¤Ò»´ÎÈë³ö¾³Ç©×¢ÉêÇë±í

Òò¹«»¤ÕÕ»»·¢Òò˽»¤ÕÕÉêÇ뱨¸æ

»¤ÕÕÒÅʧ±¨¸æ

Thanks

• 1 month later...

I need to go to the San Francisco Chinese Consulate for my wife's passport renewal.

Few questions

1) If her passport expires after 8 or 9 months, will they let renew. Does it need to be 6 months or less?

2)

Does anyone happen to know which form she needs to fill out?

One of these from http://sanfrancisco.china-consulate.org/ch...54559.htm#three

Èý¡¢Öйú»¤ÕÕ¡¢ÂÃÐÐÖ¤¼þ/Chinese Passport and Travel Documents

ÖлªÈËÃñ¹²ºÍ¹ú»¤ÕÕ/ ÂÃÐÐÖ¤/ »Ø¹úÖ¤Ã÷ÉêÇë±í

̨Íå¾ÓÃñÀ´Íù´ó½ͨÐÐÖ¤Ò»´ÎÈë³ö¾³Ç©×¢ÉêÇë±í

Òò¹«»¤ÕÕ»»·¢Òò˽»¤ÕÕÉêÇ뱨¸æ

»¤ÕÕÒÅʧ±¨¸æ

Thanks

This is the exact same problem that we had with the LA consulate. People said it shows up in the paper, but honestly, I haven't seen a thing, and here in Hawaii, we just do not have the luxury of finding airline tickes on a dime without paying through our you know where. So, when we had a family reunion in Vegas, we booked a one day trip to LA, and just did it there. My hubby was mad as a hot tamale when he got there because he said that the people there were rude and mean (I was listening, and yes, they were). He said they were acting like they were better than the "other Chinese people" (read, the people who were on the other side of the glass). All in all, a bad experience. However, we had to do it. Anyway, we applied for the passport and then we had to pay $150 to have a proxy send it (Able Tours, located within the consulate building) because we could not wait one month (the time it takes to get it).

Looks like the consulates across the country have this problem. If your wife's passport still has some time left, I would wait it out and see. For us, my hubby's passport was up and we waited for almost a year and they did not come. The dates on the consulates websites were for last year and we just could not wait for them any longer. If you cannot wait it out, then I would try to tie it into a vacation so that at least you have another reason to go to the consulate.

Best of luck. Please update us if you hear any news because I would like it for further reference for later on. In the future, we will try to plan trips to China within 6 months of his passport expiring so that we can just do it there, where it takes like 4 days. lol.

I was finally able to get through on their information line. The Houston Chinese Consulate will be in Orlando sometime in August for 1 day. They will post this information on their website 30 days in advance. It is about 175 miles from our home, but it is better than going all the way to Houston.

Please keep us informed if you or anyone gets info....that they are coming to Orlando,my wife needs to get her name changed on her passport,I live in Tampa,I would much rather drive to Orlando than to Houston.