This is really making me crazy....

This is really making me crazy........ or maybe I am just not real smart :happybday: .

Here are the instructions for the I-693. about vaccination records under section 3 page 4: number 2 A, a:

"Even if a new medical examination is not required, you still must show proof that you complied with the vaccination requirements. If the vaccination record (DS 3025) was not properly completed and included as part of the original, overseas medical examination report, you will have to have the vaccination report completed by a designated civil surgeon. In this case you are required to submit PART 1, Information About You, PART 2, the vaccination chart and PART 5......."

I would assume that it would have been included in her papers in the sealed envelope that she brought with her to POE????....but you know what happens when we assume :happybday:

How do I know if they have it or should I just take her to get the vaccinations again???????? Not sure if that is dangerous or not???

Robert

This is really making me crazy........ or maybe I am just not real smart :happybday: .

Here are the instructions for the I-693. about vaccination records under section 3 page 4: number 2 A, a:

"Even if a new medical examination is not required, you still must show proof that you complied with the vaccination requirements. If the vaccination record (DS 3025) was not properly completed and included as part of the original, overseas medical examination report, you will have to have the vaccination report completed by a designated civil surgeon. In this case you are required to submit PART 1, Information About You, PART 2, the vaccination chart and PART 5......."

I would assume that it would have been included in her papers in the sealed envelope that she brought with her to POE????....but you know what happens when we assume :happybday:

How do I know if they have it or should I just take her to get the vaccinations again???????? Not sure if that is dangerous or not???

Robert

Since you were married here in the USA, that means logically you were a K1 - and as such there were NO vaccination requirements during the Medical to obtain the K1. SO, as all of us had to do, you pull out her medical records/shot records go to your nearest Civil Surgeon, and they will validate/verify the shots (or give her shots) and complete the I693. When it is signed by the surgeon, they will SEAL it in an envelope and you will submit it with your GC application. You can read all the horror stories of Civil Surgerons on CFL - a lot of who want you to take a completely new physical etc...but it's not necessary. Only the Vaccinations need to be certified. Best of Luck.

K-Visas are NON-Immigrant so only needed medical done over seas. If you did like my wife and got vaccinations done while in China you should have a Yellow book that shows what was done.

You take the Yellow book to a US Civil Surgeon and get this record transferred to an I-693. Vaccinations record will not be in the immigrations packet turned in at the POE because vaccinations is not a requirement of a K-Visa, it is a requirement of immigrations.

many posts on this subject, for example look at Vinni's posts, he is at this stage at this time too.

This is really making me crazy........ or maybe I am just not real smart :cheering: .

Ahhhh finaly the truth comes out. :cheering:

Hope you and your new wife are doing good.

Actually Sam, getting married to her was about the smartest thing I have done :cheering:

Speaking of I-693. I took my Wife to see the Civil Surgeon yesterday. Cost $150 to do the entire exam which includes blood work and paperwork. The doctor said my Wife needs one more shot of Varicella or something and that will cost another $95 or if I can find the shot cheaper somewhere else. I'm suppose to go back Friday because he gave her some TB test. My work has an onsite Nurse and I'll see if I can get her shot done cheaper here. The Civil Surgeon only needs verification that the shot was done.

Vinny and Qing

Speaking of I-693. I took my Wife to see the Civil Surgeon yesterday. Cost $150 to do the entire exam which includes blood work and paperwork. The doctor said my Wife needs one more shot of Varicella or something and that will cost another $95 or if I can find the shot cheaper somewhere else. I'm suppose to go back Friday because he gave her some TB test. My work has an onsite Nurse and I'll see if I can get her shot done cheaper here. The Civil Surgeon only needs verification that the shot was done.

Vinny and Qing

You got ripped my friend, you need to post on this, your wife had an exam in China for the visa, all the CS needs to do here in the states is the vaccination record part of I-693.

Yes shop around for vaccinations, OR a TITER test for Chicken Pox (Varicella) if had the Chicken pox when young, the titer test will show immunity.

Vinny and Qing

You got ripped my friend, you need to post on this, your wife had an exam in China for the visa, all the CS needs to do here in the states is the vaccination record part of I-693.

Yes shop around for vaccinations, OR a TITER test for Chicken Pox (Varicella) if had the Chicken pox when young, the titer test will show immunity.

More about Titer test:

http://www.healthcaresouth.com/pages/askth.../chickenpox.htm

We went to the health dept to get her shots. We got no shot in China.

The nurse told me we had to go to the Civil Surgeon to get a exam and for him to sign off on the shots. Another CFL member told me i had to go upstairs and talk to the doctor of the health dept. The doctor was a Civil Surgeon and she signed the I 693 and listed the shots we got. The nurse downstairs even tried to argue with me saying i could not get a I 693 here. I even talked to the head nurse and told them what i was told by another CFL person she said the doctor can not help me.

THey did not have a clue. So good luck.

After reading this thread, I'm quite relieved we're done with all of this (handled this prior to our interview)! Finding a competent CS seems like a headache waiting to happen. . .

Edited by Kyle (see edit history)

We went to the health dept to get her shots. We got no shot in China.

The nurse told me we had to go to the Civil Surgeon to get a exam and for him to sign off on the shots. Another CFL member told me i had to go upstairs and talk to the doctor of the health dept. The doctor was a Civil Surgeon and she signed the I 693 and listed the shots we got. The nurse downstairs even tried to argue with me saying i could not get a I 693 here. I even talked to the head nurse and told them what i was told by another CFL person she said the doctor can not help me.

THey did not have a clue. So good luck.

Please post where you had this experience in the Good, Bad, Ugly thread. Include where you had this done. and if possible the doctor's info.

The bad was the clueless nurse, the good sounds like you dealt with a good doc.

After reading this thread, I'm quite relieved we're done with all of this (handled this prior to our interview)! Finding a competent CS seems like a headache waiting to happen. . .

One of the benefits of doing a CR-1 or IR-1 Immigrant visa is this needs to be done for the visa.