• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally...June 15th at 0715 :unsure:

Congrats!!!

Are you going to the interview?

Michael :ph34r: :lol:

Yes Mike, I sure am...wouldn't miss the show for the world. I got a kick in the ass yesterday when I bought a ticket...I finally found one for just $500 more than last fall. Some of the prices have gone very high. Good to hear from you...take care. :lol:

Finally...June 15th at 0715 :unsure:

Congrats!!!

Are you going to the interview?

Michael :ph34r: :lol:

Yes Mike, I sure am...wouldn't miss the show for the world. I got a kick in the ass yesterday when I bought a ticket...I finally found one for just $500 more than last fall. Some of the prices have gone very high. Good to hear from you...take care. :lol:

Great!!

Good luck my good freind. I wish you the both the very best. Keep us posted. I will drop you a line.

Michael

Wow... already deep into June. It seemed last month that the spread was about 4-5 weeks between receipt and interview, now its running 6 weeks? Maybe a few boxes got out of customs they are catching up on?

Yup, ours was in PRC Customs for nearly 3 months...every time I called DOS it was the same story. Thanks to all for the nice wishes...ZZ

I am jelous! I really wanted to go in June, but I have not received an env from EMS! Do you think I have to wait till July, or is there still hope for me?

Wow... already deep into June. It seemed last month that the spread was about 4-5 weeks between receipt and interview, now its running 6 weeks? Maybe a few boxes got out of customs they are catching up on?

Wait your papers went out one day before ours, from the USA yet you beat us. Man do I want to know my status.

Yep, this is why I start the thread one month before the interview month.

After sitting in Chinese customs for 7 months, the P3 was mailed on May 4th. DoS is telling me I requested an expedited interview and it is scheduled on June 2nd.

Has anyone else received an interview date before receiving the P3? I'm not complaining, but I don't recall reading anything about an expedited interview.

Best of luck to the rest of the June group!!!

Edited by qilinman (see edit history)

@ qilinman

After sitting in Chinese customs for 7 months, the P3 was mailed on May 4th. DoS is telling me I requested an expedited interview and it is scheduled on June 2nd.

Has anyone else received an interview date before receiving the P3?

That's really weird! Granted, I'm fairly new around here, but in my reading here at CFL or VJ, no, I haven't come across this situation before. How did they schedule an interview without you returning OF-169 or DS-230? Did you happen to submit them on your own? The instructions state of the OF-169

Note: The consular office will NOT schedule you for an appointment until you submit this form and form

DS-230 Part I. Do not send any other documents to this office.

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/guangzho...20Dec_%2009.pdf

If you did not send these documents in, I would probably call or email Guangzhou to clarify this situation.

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/contactiv.html

I also found this in their FAQ

9. Can the interview date be expedited?

No. Due to the limited availability of certain types of visas, some applicants have been waiting more than 12 years since their petitions were first filed. Out of fairness, the Consulate cannot entertain requests to expedite interview appointments.

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/iv_faqs.html#B9

Again, I would use the contact information listed in the link above to sort all of this out. This seems queer to me.

Edited by Kyle (see edit history)

Talked to my lady today............ The P3 and P4 are in the envelope together. P3 must be mailed in as usual, but the interview is already set in stone.

DoS has the interview date and time in their system, so I'm not too worried about it. I'm going to wait and see what happens after she mails the P3 to Guangzhou.

I'll keep updating as it happens.................. Strange Days....

Edited by qilinman (see edit history)