may 4th interview

My wife will be interviewing on May 4th but due to our financials now, we both anticipate receiving the blue paper. Once our finances are in order and resubmitted, can anyone here tell me if she will be asked to return to Guangzhou?

Thanks in advance for any help, Steve

Edited by teeb57 (see edit history)
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife will be interviewing on May 4th but due to our financials now, we both anticipate receiving the blue paper. Once our finances are in order and resubmitted, can anyone here tell me if she will be asked to return to Guangzhou?

Thanks in advance for any help, Steve

Considered rescheduling the interview? I would think this would be better than having GUZ drop a "blue" on you.

What is the problem -- either you have 125% (hopefully more) of the poverty line or you have a co-sponser?

Edited by shenzhen (see edit history)

Considered rescheduling the interview? I would think this would be better than having GUZ drop a "blue" on you.

What is the problem -- either you have 125% (hopefully more) of the poverty line or you have a co-sponser?

Thanks for the quick reply, I just lost my job this month. My hope is that we could find a joint sponsor, or even better, a job soon. I don't know how things work there but thought it would be possible to send in a new AOS after I'm working or have a sponsor. When we send in a new AOS, I'm wondering if my wife will need to return to Guangzhou. We both hate being this close & having to postpone. She has a lot of assests we're trying to use on her new I-864A but not sure if Guangzhou will look favorable on this. So we're going to "chance" that they'll accept her assets.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

Haven't you already submitted an I-864? It would have been true and complete at the time you submitted it, no?

Are they asking for another one?

We weren't sure what to do on that one. We already filed an AOS I-864 a month prior but didn't want to risk omitting information to them. That would be a really bad thing. To answer your question, no, they didn't ask for another one.

Haven't you already submitted an I-864? It would have been true and complete at the time you submitted it, no?

Are they asking for another one?

We weren't sure what to do on that one. We already filed an AOS I-864 a month prior but didn't want to risk omitting information to them. That would be a really bad thing. To answer your question, no, they didn't ask for another one.

They don't need one - if they do, they'll ask.

Have her go to the interview and answer any questions truthfully. No need to volunteer information they don't want.

It could come up if the VO asks her what your job is. She will need to answer "unemployed just recently." Then she should tell the VO about your last job. JMO.

Exactly! After pondering that scenario, we both envisioned the V.O. having the blue paper filled out before she had time to finish her sentence. You don't fly the whale, do ya?

Edited by teeb57 (see edit history)

It could come up if the VO asks her what your job is. She will need to answer "unemployed just recently." Then she should tell the VO about your last job. JMO.

Exactly! After pondering that scenario, we both envisioned the V.O. having the blue paper filled out before she had time to finish her sentence. You don't fly the whale, do ya?

Prepare for the worst and hope for the best I tells ya!! Fly the whale? :D

If they ask what you do for a living, she can tell them without any issue. If they want to know who you work for (unlikely), she might answer with who you DID work for, "but he is between jobs now" - it's more likely that they're checking her knowledge of you than running an employment check.

Have her be prepared, answer truthfully exactly what they ask, and be comfortable with the answer.

She'll most likely get through okay.

Prepare for the worst and hope for the best I tells ya!! Fly the whale? :D

Sorry, didn't mean to change the subject. I just saw 747 beside your name.

Thanks to all for your responses. We both apprecite it very much, Steve

If they ask what you do for a living, she can tell them without any issue. If they want to know who you work for (unlikely), she might answer with who you DID work for, "but he is between jobs now" - it's more likely that they're checking her knowledge of you than running an employment check.

Have her be prepared, answer truthfully exactly what they ask, and be comfortable with the answer.

Thanks Randy, another Texas boy too, I see. I just hope a Beijinger can get along with the heat.

Thanks Randy, another Texas boy too, I see. I just hope a Beijinger can get along with the heat.

It's fairly cool right now (under 30C), but a LOT of rain.

It's fairly cool right now (under 30C), but a LOT of rain.

In Houston or Yulin???